You gotta start somewhere.....

• Thread starter Liberanos5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was wondering about the Patron. As for transplanting, yeah, you'll want to do that either just before or once the roots start circling in the pot. You will DEFINITELY want to get away from the hydroponic shop ASAP. Go easy on the chemical salt fertilizers, less is more.

L

Liberanos5

I divide the stuff the hydro store has for me into 2 categories. Hardware and software.........Lights, ballasts, ducting, fans, bulbs, and such = Hardware..........The software is everything else.......all those lotions and potions and magic dust. There's no question that the BIGGEST debit on the store books is the NUTES!!!!! You know who I am?? I'm that guy you see at the "ordinary" garden store by that pallet of bags of stuff that're torn and drastically discounted............the 4 words I just can seem to resist are ................Reduced For Quick Sale! Here in the cold climate lots of stuff starts going on sale in August.. Most years I'll bury/turnover the compost with several bags of that stuff so it can work all winter.. Thanks as always for the input.....the journey continues......I'm a bit shy to post any pix as my shit's weak compared to all the High Times centerfolds in here....but I'll over come that!!!!! LOL!!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm so cheap I use my own urine as fertilizer. Funny thing is, it's pretty much a complete fertilizer.

Don't worry about pix, and don't treat the hydro shop like an aquarium shop. ;)

Every single thing in those shops is a repackage, well-known agricultural product. Very few are really unique and none are worth the money, IMO. Anyway, if you're into cheap, you'll get over the hydro shop stuff soon enough, I'm sure. :)

L

Liberanos5

Well I needed "pots and pans" and few other items in the hardware section and I bring em orgainically grown vine ripened tomatoes, cukes and such and even a jar of jalapino jam which they are STILL talking about and I get a small discount.....LOL, I even brought em a big bunch of black eyed Susans (also organically grown) to brighten up the somewhat sterlie atmosphere. The are still talking about that but for different reasons.....LMFAO!! Hey, is there a thread in here worth reading re: to top ot not to top vs. superecropping? I collect my own urine too but it goes under te peach trees. About as organic a fertalizer as you can get, eh?:rolleyes: I've got some great pics of my peach blooms before they all got frosted to death this spring....I should upload those!

L

Liberanos5

Potato blossoms are cool IMO. Check out that bee....I worry about bees as much as I do coral reefs.........<heavy sigh>

L

Liberanos5

Sunny and 90 today.............besides ongoing construction in their more permanent home, lots a saw dust/paint fumes in the air....... All that free radiotion from nature is hard to pass up!! Not exactly Skunk Magazine cover story eh? LMAO!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good Lord that's some fancy-ass packaging. I wonder what that cost (the package/packaging, not the beans).

L

Liberanos5

Yeah you spin em around like B.C. pills and they pop out one by 1. The label says 55 Euro but that's only in the factory store.....they go up in price every foot they travel outside Holland I think!!! LOL!!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
100% male! Thing is, if those flowers continue to stack like that, I'd suggest saving the pollen from him/them. I don't typically get such good stacking on the males I've grown out.

L

Liberanos5

Yeah I had a funeral for 3 BIG ones this am under the blue moon set. Buried em deep!!!...........I did learn that the mother from which I took cuttings several weeks ago is actually not a FATHER or a he'she.........LOL!!! She's a real beauty. So I better n broke even. Thanks for the input.

L

Liberanos5

100% male! Thing is, if those flowers continue to stack like that, I'd suggest saving the pollen from him/them. I don't typically get such good stacking on the males I've grown out.
Well I have zero plans for getting into the seed business. The world needs more seed vendors as much as it needs more Starbucks! LOL!! I just buried 6 more for a total of nine nice big plants. Better to lose 50% than 100% I suppose.......Math has never been my strongest subject.....may I ask for what reason I'd want to collect pollen?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To keep yourself in seed, at the very least. I find it's also nice to share.

L

Liberanos5

ahhhhhhhhhh yes.............sharing is good!!! But here in the great white north the growing season is so short and I'm sooooo far behind the curve.........my indoor "farm' is 1700 cubic feet. It looks so empty now with the "boys" out in the compost pile for next year!!!! I'm guessing a zip lock bag over the male flower while some tap tap tapping on the stem is done gets that collection job done??? There's gotta be a tried and true method you can share with me?

L

Liberanos5

I like this one better! Do you?

Better 003
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Much better, no fluffer needed, either.
ahhhhhhhhhh yes.............sharing is good!!! But here in the great white north the growing season is so short and I'm sooooo far behind the curve.........my indoor "farm' is 1700 cubic feet. It looks so empty now with the "boys" out in the compost pile for next year!!!! I'm guessing a zip lock bag over the male flower while some tap tap tapping on the stem is done gets that collection job done??? There's gotta be a tried and true method you can share with me?
Sorry, I'm a little too haphazard. That method should work just fine. Water 'kills' pollen, so after collection be sure to wash up and wet anything down that it may have touched or gotten onto.

L

Liberanos5

July 16th I wrote the introdiction and yesterday (9/2) composted 9 very handsome gentlemen. The good news is their sisters are equally beautiful and some of my beginners luck is holding it'd seem. I 'm not quite ready for "prime time" .....But I'm also okay with that.......I'm waaaay @ the back of the learning curve. The pails the boys were in were very rooty. A carpet of bright white roots all over the place. I tired not to cry as I stabbed my shovel into that balla dirt and tossed it unded the tomatoes!!! :( My guess is just about everyone reading this, if they think back to grow #1 can relate................<sigh>

L

Liberanos5

Did that sound like I was trying to solicit pity? LMFFAO...................."Cracker! PLEASE!!!" ~~ Mike Berbiglia. He is so funny!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom