Your Dream Laboratory - Equiptment And Set Up

• Thread starter SwellDay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwellDay

SwellDay

Hello THC Fam :) New to the forum but not the game . Ive been growing and processing cannabis for about 7 years now . Been smoking all my life . I am currently working at a large dispensary grow and production facility . Ive been diggin in the crates on all the forums and from what I can see not many people are talking about med to large scale operations . I will be over seeing a concentrate lab that will be processing around 100 lbs of dry material a week . I am looking for suggestions and advice .

To get things rolling quickly we purchased the MK4 http://terppextractors.com/products/mk-4c-terpenator
as our botanical extractor . Eventually stepping up to something like this . Just for more precise temps . I wish The terpinators would be fully set with heat and cold controls I love the machines and the people who developed them . I dont have the time to engineer things and it would be awesome for the up and coming industry to have more than one option for more precise lab equipment . Like the Co2 machines but for butane .

I am thinking of modifying a cryogenic freezer to keep our Butane tank in instead of using dry Ice in a garbage can method . Instead of using hot water under the pot I was thinking of using a hot plate . Also heat tape around the column both to speed up recovery .

Once we get to the ovens I am thinking of getting the AI Ovens with Individually heated shelves

I would be getting the Haskel pumps

and getting the cold traps from AI as well .

Im also looking into getting industrial food dehydrators for perfectly dry product and laboratory temp/humidity control cabinets for storage of slabs . Cryogenic freezer for separation needs and fresh frozen Products .

What does your dream Lab look like ? Am I on track here ? Any suggestions for a newbie to the concentrate game ?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hello THC Fam :) New to the forum but not the game . Ive been growing and processing cannabis for about 7 years now . Been smoking all my life . I am currently working at a large dispensary grow and production facility . Ive been diggin in the crates on all the forums and from what I can see not many people are talking about med to large scale operations . I will be over seeing a concentrate lab that will be processing around 100 lbs of dry material a week . I am looking for suggestions and advice .

To get things rolling quickly we purchased the MK4 http://terppextractors.com/products/mk-4c-terpenator
as our botanical extractor . Eventually stepping up to something like this . Just for more precise temps . I wish The terpinators would be fully set with heat and cold controls I love the machines and the people who developed them . I dont have the time to engineer things and it would be awesome for the up and coming industry to have more than one option for more precise lab equipment . Like the Co2 machines but for butane .

Fully engineered and turnkey Mk IVC and VC Terpenators are available from [email protected].

Pharmgold now owns the Terpenator trademark, and is producing the WolfWurx designs, which are the "Alice's Restaurant" series, cause it lends itself well to tweaking the individual variables to develop new products, so you "can get anything you want."

They can flood from either direction and soak, recover passively, or with a Haskel.

They can recover hot for maximum speed, or cold for artisan products

They subzero the LPG at the point of injection using a counterflow heat exchanger and a chiller or liquid N2/CO2.

They scavenge pump heat using a heat exchanger in the collection pot bath, and an after cooler to liquify it for return to the tank, using a counterflow exchanger and a Temco Fisher Scientic -40C chiller.

There are 6 thermal readouts or PID controllers monitor or controlling the process, as well as three Bourdon tube compound pressure gauges tracking pressures.

They are NEMA 7 Class 1 Div 1, so may be used in explosive atmospheres, making certification by fire marshals easier.

The frames are easily maintained brushed stainless, with white HDPE plastic shelves.

I am thinking of modifying a cryogenic freezer to keep our Butane tank in instead of using dry Ice in a garbage can method . Instead of using hot water under the pot I was thinking of using a hot plate . Also heat tape around the column both to speed up recovery .

Carbon steel tanks lose ductility at subzero temperatures and a tank of -30/40C LPG gets thick enough that is hard to force through a dip tube, so we keep our tanks at 0C/31F and use a counter flow heat exchanger at injection, to lower the butane to -30/40C.

Once we get to the ovens I am thinking of getting the AI Ovens with Individually heated shelves

We have the most experience wioth the Cascade TEKs, which are premier ovens, though SPR is also testing an AI Elite series, which is a nice oven and certainly gets the job done.

I would be getting the Haskel pumps

Good choice! The EXT-420 is our standard. Coming soon, is the 6 cfm VaporHawg from Pharmgold, currently in beta testing.

and getting the cold traps from AI as well .

Im also looking into getting industrial food dehydrators for perfectly dry product and laboratory temp/humidity control cabinets for storage of slabs . Cryogenic freezer for separation needs and fresh frozen Products .

What does your dream Lab look like ? Am I on track here ? Any suggestions for a newbie to the concentrate game ?

Underlined in bold

SwellDay

SwellDay

First off thank you Greywolf for taking the time to help a brotha out ! I hope to one day be able to lend some knowledge to you :) Im hittin the books and expanding my chem 101 ;)

We have an MK Terp lll weve been using . So what we have been doing is using a trash can with spray foam around the 50# N-butane tank and dumping dry ice into it to keep the butane cold . Until I order one of your bad ass Wolfworx machines (which now that I know they exist !! excited about that) can I put our butane tank in lets say a regular chest freezer keeping temps at 0C and run the lines up out the lid instead of using the dry ice that is expensive and a seemingly unnecessary waste of resources , time and energy .

We also have a hot water bath under the pot for recovery . Could we use something like this http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.c...p_72078.html?gclid=CP-7ls-stssCFQ5qfgods8gHxg
to keep our temps at a steady temperature and not waste resources . Or a suggestion of another product ?

Love your suggestion on ovens would a couple of these be good ? http://www.cascadetek.com/ovens/tvo-5-vacuum-oven I like the fail safe and the gauges are on point ! Thanks man

Do you think dehydrators would be ok to use to get the product moisture out . Im looking at models that are slow and low . Keeping temps at 70-80 should preserve the volatile compounds correct ?

Do you have any suggestions on brands for Cryogenic freezers ?

Thanks in advance Greywolf truly appreciate what you do for the community !

Top Bottom