Your favorite trimmers

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

Long periods of trimming?

Energy drinks, Aleve, powder free non latex gloves and a few minutes of break time every hour or so to stretch and get air to my hands. A constant supply of scissor hash helps too.

Cort

Cort

Add in lots of loud heavy metal blasting.

I picked up a pair of Fiskars clones at the 99 cent store. Work just as good for general pruning only did a small bit of trim with them and seem the same.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I keep 4 pairs of scissors in a jar of veggie oil. Then I like to switch back and forth from micro tips to grape pruning scissors. They use the opposite muscles when your hand gets tired. Don't even think about scissor hash if anything is collecting on your shit it's making you trim slower. Def agree with the heavy metal music. Don't get a chair that's too comfy.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I am pretty stuck on the fiskars trimmers, but I have used the hydrofarm ones and they are great. But everyone here has had some great suggestions.

K

kolah

SM, where do you get these grape scissors? never heard of the buggers.
I have been using Hydrofarm.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I ordered mine from gemplers. I saw that my hydro shop was carrying them last time I was there RMH.

sox

sox

I keep 4 pairs of scissors in a jar of veggie oil. Then I like to switch back and forth from micro tips to grape pruning scissors. They use the opposite muscles when your hand gets tired. Don't even think about scissor hash if anything is collecting on your shit it's making you trim slower. Def agree with the heavy metal music. Don't get a chair that's too comfy.

why veggie oil? i always kept a jar of iso with 3-4 pairs chillin in it...*Well to be honest i never did this, lol i dont trim*...my chick and her friends do this;)

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Veggie oil is waaaay better or olive oil. Just pull them out and wipe clean. Plus the oil helps lubricate and keep the blades moving quick. Have your chick try it instead next time. It works great to clean up your hands too.

sox

sox

Veggie oil is waaaay better or olive oil. Just pull them out and wipe clean. Plus the oil helps lubricate and keep the blades moving quick. Have your chick try it instead next time. It works great to clean up your hands too.
Nice, i never thought about that..just figured alch would take it off super quick..lol i didnt the think about lubrication!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
SM, where do you get these grape scissors? never heard of the buggers.
I have been using Hydrofarm.
I honestly can't remember where I got them, but I've been thinking I could use another pair.

For folks who are wondering what they look like, here's what I use.

ars-scissors.jpg

This looks to be a good price, depending on shipping.
http://www.horticulturesource.com/h...5272/?osCsid=017ee7bd953cb6bba3b975dde5547288

Cort

Cort

Amazon has them. Prices ranging from 10 - 30 bucks.

Always wondered how fast you pros trim. How much do you get done /hr ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm a grower, not a trimmer. I suck and go extremely slowly. That's why I hire others to trim for me, every fucking chance I get! Housekeeping, too. I'll gladly pay someone else to do it for me.

2DogWalker

How u liking the trim pro chicken man that's the only one I've seen that made me wanna buy one to this point....
2dw

purpleberry

purpleberry

I cant use those little scissors, I use the hydro farm and fiskars. One trick i learned last time trimming is to use my left hand, It takes 20-30 minutes to get use too it, but once you do you can trim just fine with either hand.

Top Bottom