Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What’s your medium of choice?
Common stuff, like recycled and mixed Fox Farm HF and OF soil. I'm thinking about trying a Promix. Then I add ewc, perlite, rice hulls, some coir, maybe some hardwood twigs at the bottom. I also add leaves from defoliation. I add Mykos or Great White. I'm a believer in using Gaia Green, Azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt. All of that's working well for the style of growing I like and we're happy with our crops.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I was actually planning one of these, already have air stones and pump, 3” net baskets (small but I can make it work), I have FF liquid neuts but I’d switch to Athena or GH which are also both locally available full lines

I wanna get into hydro or coco with microdrippers but it’ll be awhile before I make a full switch, till then I’d like to try one of these hubble buckets out, I’d make my own of corse like everything else I use 😂
Technaflora out of Canada works well also.

I don’t regret going hydro, learning curve like anything else. The ability to identify issues and respond quickly, oh and the yeild👍. Not any better than a dirt grower, but you can get there faster if your not a Master Gardener

jj

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Common stuff, like recycled and mixed Fox Farm HF and OF soil. I'm thinking about trying a Promix. Then I add ewc, perlite, rice hulls, some coir, maybe some hardwood twigs at the bottom. I also add leaves from defoliation. I add Mykos or Great White. I'm a believer in using Gaia Green, Azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt. All of that's working well for the style of growing I like and we're happy with our crops.
I liked happy frog, it’s what I was using about 2.5 years ago, I’ve never used OF for a grow I’ve used it in my flower beds through and damnnnn are the marigolds goin nuts this year lol pushing 3.5’ tall lol

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
All good info! All good reads too!

SinCity

SinCity

Looking great fam! Various strains or one big run?
Various strains. I’d have to go back into my records to know. If I remember correctly, we went from all seed that year. I generally prefer clones (from rooms I know are clean), but my business partner prefers seed. Which makes me absolutely nuts because he didn’t take cuttings of them beforehand. And there were some nice phenos in there! 😩

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I liked happy frog, it’s what I was using about 2.5 years ago, I’ve never used OF for a grow I’ve used it in my flower beds through and damnnnn are the marigolds goin nuts this year lol pushing 3.5’ tall lol
I like Happy Frog, too. It has wood chips in it, however, and I read recently that fungus gnats like wood chips in soil. I don't like fungus gnats, so I've been thinking about trying a different soil. I have way too much soil right now, so a lot of it is going outside next spring.

I love marigolds, but so do slugs. I hate slugs more than I hate fungus gnats. It's a close contest, though.

SinCity

SinCity

The dog was gonna drive the teenagers that didn’t make the cut to our friend’s house. We decided he needed to wait until he had his license at least.
IMG 3711

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Cement shoes is looking happy and ready to go into the flower tent, I think I’m gunna put her in there in a few days, most likely when the frostettes hit 30 days I’ll bring her in there, that’ll give me approx 34 days left till harvest on the frostettes and the GP x okie and okie x cman should be just about ready to move approx 30 days after that, gunna grab 2 clones of each (only need 1 but will grab a backup of each as well) especially the cement shoes, she’s a 3rd generation clone and I’ve never flowered any generation one yet, so with no more seeds availabe from 2012 and not knowing what she’ll produce I gotta try to keep her around at least till I can check out the smoke 😁

IMG 8279
IMG 8280
IMG 8246
Top Bottom