Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
With all the share your flower, best flower, photoperiod in flower topics, Let’s start a discussion on, how we get there! So many new members stumble across these topics mid grow and try to change tactics, let’s share how we prep our seedlings, lights you prefer, clones etc for flower to get those beautiful scrogs, sogs, maybe your prefer massive bushes or Christmas trees. Pruned a certian way, mainline, show what you do and how you pre- flower prep your plants to prepare for the flip!

Here’s 3 clones of GCCxOkie double topped getting ready for round 3, we’ll see if they run solo or as a group with some other clones but here they are for now,

Let’s see what you all do to prepare for your preferred grow method!

Your plants in veg veg plant photo discussion share your pre flower prep
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
With all the share your flower, best flower, photoperiod in flower topics, Let’s start a discussion on, how we get there! So many new members stumble across these topics mid grow and try to change tactics, let’s share how we prep our seedlings, clones etc for flower to get those beautiful scrogs, sogs, maybe your prefer massive bushes or Christmas trees. Pruned a certian way, mainline, show what you do and how you pre- flower prep your plants to prepare for the flip!

Here’s 3 clones of GCCxOkie double topped getting ready for round 3, we’ll see if they run solo or as a group with some other clones but here they are for now,

Let’s see what you all do to prepare for your preferred grow method!
is this another reason for you to post more pictures? hahahaha..,
kidding..
good idea!..

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
is this another reason for you to post more pictures? hahahaha..,
kidding..
good idea!..
Absolutely brother! 😂 nah, always notice all the big flower pics and new memebers always trying to figure out what the hell is going on haha, figured why not show what happens to make those huge beauties!
Final cleanup before flower. Gonna let it go one week to recover after this. Then flip. Maybe 2. Depends how I feel and how hot it is outside. Running 18 hours is a bit much when it is 100 degrees out.
Nice! What’s total veg time on those girls?

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Great topic! All those frosty nugs started somewhere and I’d love to see new things I can try on my next round.

First time grower, learning as I go really. This time round I slightly overfilled my space, grew 2 plants of different strains (OG Glue, and Banana OG)

I started by topping moderately and then let them fill out before adding a screen and trying to get as many tops tucked as possible. I stripped almost everything below the net (apart from anything that had a chance of getting good light) and kept the best cuts for cloning.

I kept Defol to a minimum and only removed where necessary, if it was getting too crowded or light was being blocked in lower areas by large leaves.

Day 3 after flip I upped light to 75% and saw no negative effects so left it there.

The Banana flew up after flip and I did some late super cropping to try to compensate for it and keep an even-ish canopy.

On day 12 now and I’m seeing a more even canopy and the ladies are recovering well (2 days since super crop)

Will be keeping an eye for the next few days but I think stretch is mostly done now and am enjoying the progress of the buds forming.

IMG 4668
47503743 4BE3 4377 9293 D89FBA752C4D
IMG 4632
IMG 4631
IMG 4625
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Great topic! All those frosty nugs started somewhere and I’d love to see new things I can try on my next round.

First time grower, learning as I go really. This time round I slightly overfilled my space, grew 2 plants of different strains (OG Glue, and Banana OG)

I started by topping moderately and then let them fill out before adding a screen and trying to get as many tops tucked as possible. I stripped almost everything below the net (apart from anything that had a chance of getting good light) and kept the best cuts for cloning.

I kept Defol to a minimum and only removed where necessary, if it was getting too crowded or light was being blocked in lower areas by large leaves.

Day 3 after flip I upped light to 75% and saw no negative effects so left it there.

The Banana flew up after flip and I did some late super cropping to try to compensate for it and keep an even-ish canopy.

On day 12 now and I’m seeing a more even canopy and the ladies are recovering well (2 days since super crop)

Will be keeping an eye for the next few days but I think stretch is mostly done now and am enjoying the progress of the buds forming.
Looking great! Nice full room! Awesome info! Let’s keep it goin!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter

Great response, and follow the same process. I am going to try a slightly different intensity this time. I will keep my intensity at 70% until week 3 and increase 10% every 5 days until reaching 100% by week 5. It stays at 100% for only 10-14 days and then I decrease back down to 70% at the end.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I thought your last canopy looked awesome!
I appreciate it, I’m striving for your canopy. Even and FULL! My last one was almost where I wanted
This is what I’m aiming to do in my outdoor adventure, and love how even you have it so far! Photos right? How old are they now?
Cheers bro, yeah these are photos from @Trustfall , 3 different strains. I’m at 2 months from seed about month and a half in Veg. I just flipped them to flower last night. Speaking of…..lights just came on!

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I appreciate it, I’m striving for your canopy. Even and FULL! My last one was almost where I wanted

Cheers bro, yeah these are photos from @Trustfall , 3 different strains. I’m at 2 months from seed about month and a half in Veg. I just flipped them to flower last night. Speaking of…..lights just came on!
Get to work sir! Don’t touch! Lol

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
This may be one of my favorite topics of growing truthfully, I enjoy seeing the plant structure and working with it to make that canopy, so many strains will basically do it themselves perfect flat top canopies full nets, but sometimes the ones you gotta top repeatedly and put the extra month of veg in on turn out the best

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Take it people are shy 🤔
Sometimes… sometimes 😂

But did a 4th round of topping on the Frostette clones today on tallest tops, lettin those lower nodes catch up and then they’ll be topped as well

#1 and #3 are really starting to fill out, #2 looks like she’s just hitting her growth spurt.

Gunna be hard to time transplants. Since the frostettes are a month ahead of the cement shoe clones already but we’ll make it work 😁

IMG 6299
Top Bottom