YOUR WORST FIRST YEAR MISTAKE.

• Thread starter chronicdreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
ok my first grow ever was in 7th grade and I didnt even understand the concept of growing anything period. This was in 83 and i was heavy into Black Sabbath amongst other greats. Anyways i had skulls n shit hanging all around my bedroom. I cut the skull cap off one of these skulls and made it a pot. I then put in some mexi brick paraquat bag seed and hung it high on my ceiling so to my mom it looked like just another skull. It sprouted but died because I didnt know it needed light. I love that story because it just shows how clueless kids can be about common sense.

Years later I did college grows in closets with just a few plants and a 3 part mixture of perlite/vermiculite and soil along with miracle grow 20-20-20 tomato food I never had any issues

Then years later after that I started doing larger grows and underestimated bringing pm into my rooms. I was so clueless I even knew the cuts had PM because you could see it plain as day and i still brought them in because I had no idea about systemic diseases. Needless t say I lost almost everything after months of fighting it.

GI JO

GI JO

Was told by someone that I had to ph my nute mix so....I used one of those 2 prong things that you are supposed to put in dirt, but I thought it would work in water so I put mega amounts of ph down into the solution, nothing seemed to be happening so I scrapped the whole idea. Watered everything (yep, real smart). Checked on things later, holy fuck! I took some of the water I used to my local store where they tested the nute mix with a REAL ph meter......ph was about 2.5, pretty much the same as battery acid. Was supposed to work that evening, phoned in sick and flushed, flushed, flushed, flushed. I managed to save them, but that's about it. Made it to harvest, pretty poor but something!

Just one of the many screw ups, much too embarrassing to go into all of them.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
yo baba dont be so obvious thats always been your only slip...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Letting them grow too big and not accounting properly for that size after harvest. I had a problem that first harvest, they were extremely difficult to handle.

Hey now, that sounds suspiciously like BRAGGING... ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey now, that sounds suspiciously like BRAGGING... ;)
I rarely give in to it, but sometimes... ya just gotta! I wasn't kidding about the pain in the ass factor. When you're barely over 5' tall and trying to handle plants that are 10' tall, not letting them hit the dirt, getting those buds stuck all over you, it's a pain in the ass. Ever since then I've literally been working towards SMALLER plants. More plants, smaller. This last year I couldn't do it due to the county's zoning restrictions, and now it's a completely moot point. Moot, not mute.

So... yeah, it's pretty suspicious alright.

I was wondering, though, before I posted that, if I should recount my experiences trying to grow in the closet using a 100W incandescent. This was back when my kids were small and I had no clue. They sprouted, grew a few nodes, then poof, withered away. So, that's a pretty rookie mistake. Oh! another one, my very first grow in pots out on the balcony, I didn't know when to harvest. My son shows up, and he's been growing since he was 14 (I didn't know that until *I* started growing), and he's aghast. "MOM! Why aren't these flushed???"

I learned that if you just let them go, the buds just shrink up to almost nothing. :D

soserthc1

soserthc1

Letting them grow too big and not accounting properly for that size after harvest. I had a problem that first harvest, they were extremely difficult to handle.
Sounds like a good problem to me ....

jkbeing

jkbeing

Back in the days of living with the parents.
First grow went good,14 grams of weed with a super racey high. My parents discovered my second grow. My stepdad sprays the plants down with roundup, and they don't say a thing till a week later. Damn trolls. Haha.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Unplug the pump and then forget to plug it in again...

K

kushtrees

Not realizing that a 5ft plant needs more than a 3 gal pot of coco outside... It was like a giant sail every day they dried up even a little the wind blew up to the ground... Ended up picking up plants multiple times a day every day for months

I tried securing the pots, but for some reason transplanting into larger pots never occurred to me...

Top Bottom