zkittlez or jack herer? from seed 2x2 grow tent

• Thread starter dglruns91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dglruns91

Hey guys i recently purchased some herb from a friend and found 3 seeds. the grower says its zkittlez but my friend says its jack herer :O
well this was some of the best weed i have ever smoked hands down!
so i am growing these seeds in a 2x2 grow tent please i am scared that i will either veg them too much or too little :(
my plan is to throw them into 12/12 on the 21'st of november :(
should i top them?
im scared that topping will lower my yield :(
i am growing them in 1 gal buckets of coco coir i will flower them in these pots also
any tips or help is appreciated!
Zkittlez or jack herer from seed 2x2 grow tent

3cats

3cats

Hey guys i recently purchased some herb from a friend and found 3 seeds. the grower says its zkittlez but my friend says its jack herer :O
well this was some of the best weed i have ever smoked hands down!
so i am growing these seeds in a 2x2 grow tent please i am scared that i will either veg them too much or too little :(
my plan is to throw them into 12/12 on the 21'st of november :(
should i top them?
i am growing them in 1 gal buckets of coco coir i will flower them in these pots also
any tips or help is appreciated!
View attachment 2073072
Coco requires a lot of maintenance with multiple daily watering as it doesn't hold water. You need a coco guy to assist or to put it bluntly you're fked. I've been growing 25 years in Promix and its an easy media to grow in. If you know what you are doing Coco works well but for new growers it can be a disaster. Good luck you have a good start do some research.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've used this rule of thumb: Veg till plant plant height is one-third the distance from the top of the soil to the highest the light can go. In my 2x2, that's about 15 inches. That usually allows enough room for the stretch and distance from the light. I use 5-gallon pots, which are somewhat tall.

This one was topped at 15 inches and it's final height was 28 inches, leaving 18 inches from the top of the plant to the light.

should i top them?
Usually, yes, but three plants in a 2x2 will be tight. I only grow one plant at a time in my 2x2.

Topping typically increases yield. It does cause plants to grow wider, though.

D

dglruns91

I've used this rule of thumb: Veg till plant plant height is one-third the distance from the top of the soil to the highest the light can go. In my 2x2, that's about 15 inches. That usually allows enough room for the stretch and distance from the light. I use 5-gallon pots, which are somewhat tall.

This one was topped at 15 inches and it's final height was 28 inches, leaving 18 inches from the top of the plant to the light.
View attachment 2073426

Usually, yes, but three plants in a 2x2 will be tight. I only grow one plant at a time in my 2x2.

Topping typically increases yield. It does cause plants to grow wider, though.
thank you so much for your input! how long did you wait after topping your plant to throw it into flower? like did you top and immediately put it into 12/12 or did you top and wait like a week?

yeah your pot looks super tall man my biggest worry is that my plants will grow too tall and be too close too the lights or they will grow too small and i wont get a good yield.

i would be happy yielding 56 grams in my tent <3 ;3 may i ask how much you yield in your 2x2?

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Topping creates bigger yields and once you top it has to grow out... watch that vid I posted as it's a good reference....

Once you understand topping then move on to mainline...
I have a 5x5 tent and 4 plants gets me 2 lbs

D

dglruns91

Topping creates bigger yields and once you top it has to grow out... watch that vid I posted as it's a good reference....

Once you understand topping then move on to mainline...
I have a 5x5 tent and 4 plants gets me 2 lbs
well im scared so i will most likely not be topping this grow :( also guys my plants leaves have little holes in them like all my plants on the leaves theres a couple little holes :( does this mean there is a bug in my room eating my leaves? :O

D

dglruns91

well boys i topped the crap out of my plants!
i said screw it!
i have 1 plant that is out performing the rest so im thinking about giving my other 2 plants too my uncle and working on that 1 plant
but im not sure i might throw them all into flower tomorrow but im scared that i will get a low yield.
maybe ill keep vegging them out maybe ill throw them into flower asap i dunno
they seem kinda small but its also getting kinda crowded in there :(

holes started appearing in all of my leaves and they started getting bigger so i used doctor jacks deadbug from bonide lets hope it worked because i wont spray anything on my plants during flower :(

20231120 105009

20231120 105102
20231120 104955
20231120 105005

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

I’m not sure how tall your tent is but I vegged at 16/8 light cycle instead of 18/6 to keep stem elongation at a minimum.

Your plants look great.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

i said screw it!
i have 1 plant that is out performing the rest so im thinking about giving my other 2 plants too my uncle and working on that 1 plant
but im not sure i might throw them all into flower tomorrow but im scared that i will get a low yield.

holes started appearing in all of my leaves and they started getting bigger so i used doctor jacks deadbug from bonide lets hope it worked because i wont spray anything on my plants during flower :(

View attachment 2076517

View attachment 2076518View attachment 2076519View attachment 2076520
They seem to have responded pretty well to the topping! Keep it rolling!

Redneckx

Redneckx

i said screw it!

View attachment 2076517

View attachment 2076518View attachment 2076519View attachment 2076520
If you wanna see 3 Plants in a 2x2 than here you go. Probably a good yield, but little complicated to manage and they still in stretch so im scared as well, best would be just put one plant or maybe two in a 2x2 tent, that's my plan for the photos I just bought.

IMG 20231122 092828
L

lasermonkey

Coco requires a lot of maintenance with multiple daily watering as it doesn't hold water. You need a coco guy to assist or to put it bluntly you're fked. I've been growing 25 years in Promix and its an easy media to grow in. If you know what you are doing Coco works well but for new growers it can be a disaster. Good luck you have a good start do some research.
Coco doesn't need multiple waterings, grew in coco for years with single daily waterings, don't just make shit up whwn giving advice dude

D

dglruns91

I’m not sure how tall your tent is but I vegged at 16/8 light cycle instead of 18/6 to keep stem elongation at a minimum.

Your plants look great.
thank you for the tip my tent is 55 inches tall but im thinking about buying a taller one no bs lol i like the size of the 2x2 just the height sucks atm

They seem to have responded pretty well to the topping! Keep it rolling!
thank you sir :) im just scared because i hear they can grow 50-300% in flower so im wondering if i should flower know?

If you wanna see 3 Plants in a 2x2 than here you go. Probably a good yield, but little complicated to manage and they still in stretch so im scared as well, best would be just put one plant or maybe two in a 2x2 tent, that's my plan for the photos I just bought.
brother! thank you so much for the picture! may i ask a couple questions? what size pots are they in? soil? also how long did you veg for? my plants popped theyre heads out of the soil on the first of november and im thinking about either giving away 2 plants and working on the best one i have since theyre all the same strain or throwing them into flower asap

Coco doesn't need multiple waterings, grew in coco for years with single daily waterings, don't just make shit up whwn giving advice dude
thank you everyone keeps saying water your plants multiple times a day but bro im super scared of over watering like foreals! atm i have been watering the lady with the most vigor every 30 or 36 hours and i have been watering the other 2 smaller plants every 48 hours.
i feel like if i water 2 times a day i will kill them lmfao

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
thank you so much for your input! how long did you wait after topping your plant to throw it into flower? like did you top and immediately put it into 12/12 or did you top and wait like a week?
I don't make my growing decisions based on time. I go by how the plant is growing and how I want it to grow.

I don't change the light to flower mode immediately after topping. I go by the height of the plant. My "thirds rule of thumb" has worked well for that purpose, but basically, the larger the plant the larger the yield.

yeah your pot looks super tall man my biggest worry is that my plants will grow too tall and be too close too the lights or they will grow too small and i wont get a good yield.
I suspect we all worry about such things. It's hard to predict how much a plant will stretch. They can still be topped or pruned after the flip, though. Stretching can be thought of as the last of the vegging they do. Growing close to the light isn't necessarily a huge problem. I had a crop get away from me so much that the tops were about 4 inches from the light. I just kept the power low and let them flower longer. The weed was excellent and so was the yield.

The plant I showed you isn't very tall. I probably could have let it veg a little longer. It's in week nine now and looks like it will yield 4 to 6 ounces. I'd take a picture, but it's still in the dark.

i would be happy yielding 56 grams in my tent <3 ;3 may i ask how much you yield in your 2x2?
I'm sure you could get much more than 56 grams from a 2x2 or 3x3 tent. I usually get at least 4 ounces (112 grams) from a plant. I think the square shape of the tent is especially good for one plant due to the reflectance from the sides of the tent. I have my plant in the 2x2 on a turntable and turn it about a quarter of a turn every day. I try not to let the plant grow close to the sides of the tent.

Redneckx

Redneckx

thank you for the tip my tent is 55 inches tall but im thinking about buying a taller one no bs lol i like the size of the 2x2 just the height sucks atm

thank you sir :) im just scared because i hear they can grow 50-300% in flower so im wondering if i should flower know?

brother! thank you so much for the picture! may i ask a couple questions? what size pots are they in? soil? also how long did you veg for? my plants popped theyre heads out of the soil on the first of november and im thinking about either giving away 2 plants and working on the best one i have since theyre all the same strain or throwing them into flower asap

thank you everyone keeps saying water your plants multiple times a day but bro im super scared of over watering like foreals! atm i have been watering the lady with the most vigor every 30 or 36 hours and i have been watering the other 2 smaller plants every 48 hours.
i feel like if i water 2 times a day i will kill them lmfao
No problem my friend. Sorry for the late answer 😔
My first run! With autos I chose mistakenly...I grow In Coco/perlite/clay pellets with biotabs system.
The two critical orange punch auto took 40 days in veg from seed and than start preflowering and currently day 19 in flower.
The other lemon pie auto is now in preflower and is growing the hell out of it! like 3cm/ 1,2" a day and only got 45cm/ 17,7" of space left til the top cola hit the lights, so I'm kinda fucked hahaha 🫣

Redneckx

Redneckx

I don't make my growing decisions based on time. I go by how the plant is growing and how I want it to grow.

I don't change the light to flower mode immediately after topping. I go by the height of the plant. My "thirds rule of thumb" has worked well for that purpose, but basically, the larger the plant the larger the yield.

I suspect we all worry about such things. It's hard to predict how much a plant will stretch. They can still be topped or pruned after the flip, though. Stretching can be thought of as the last of the vegging they do. Growing close to the light isn't necessarily a huge problem. I had a crop get away from me so much that the tops were about 4 inches from the light. I just kept the power low and let them flower longer. The weed was excellent and so was the yield.

The plant I showed you isn't very tall. I probably could have let it veg a little longer. It's in week nine now and looks like it will yield 4 to 6 ounces. I'd take a picture, but it's still in the dark.

I'm sure you could get much more than 56 grams from a 2x2 or 3x3 tent. I usually get at least 4 ounces (112 grams) from a plant. I think the square shape of the tent is especially good for one plant due to the reflectance from the sides of the tent. I have my plant in the 2x2 on a turntable and turn it about a quarter of a turn every day. I try not to let the plant grow close to the sides of the tent.
What's your picture update guys?
Here is mine.
Having a few problems, but we'll see if I can manage it...😞
You're using a photo so it's no big deal to bring them in shape like lovegrowingit did.
They look good and I hope they still.
Btw. my temperature and humidity sucks, it's around 18-22°C/ 64.4-71.6°f and 60-78 rh definitely too high for me and my bush.
The dehumidifier i just bought does a good job but seems like it's hopeless, except putting sth. small and real effective in my tent.
Plant heights are 45-55cm/ 17.7-21.6"
IMG 20231201 004353

D

dglruns91

thank you for all of your input i appreciate you :) honestly i was scared so i flipped the lights into 12/12 on the 24th of november i think and they still are not in flower lmfao i guess you cant skip the veg stage with seeds. i grew a clone a while ago and threw it into 12/12 and it immediately flowered on me i guess seeds arent the same thing. :(

No problem my friend. Sorry for the late answer 😔
My first run! With autos I chose mistakenly...I grow In Coco/perlite/clay pellets with biotabs system.
The two critical orange punch auto took 40 days in veg from seed and than start preflowering and currently day 19 in flower.
The other lemon pie auto is now in preflower and is growing the hell out of it! like 3cm/ 1,2" a day and only got 45cm/ 17,7" of space left til the top cola hit the lights, so I'm kinda fucked hahaha 🫣
dang boss man can you give us a update how much space does the top cola have left before it hits the light? sorry for the late reply my life has been super busy lately :(

D

dglruns91

What's your picture update guys?
Here is mine.
Having a few problems, but we'll see if I can manage it...😞
You're using a photo so it's no big deal to bring them in shape like lovegrowingit did.
They look good and I hope they still.
Btw. my temperature and humidity sucks, it's around 18-22°C/ 64.4-71.6°f and 60-78 rh definitely too high for me and my bush.
The dehumidifier i just bought does a good job but seems like it's hopeless, except putting sth. small and real effective in my tent.
Plant heights are 45-55cm/ 17.7-21.6"View attachment 2080662
View attachment 2080660
brother man i know how it feels too have humidity issues ;( i have been trying too get my humidity in check, during veg my plants humidity would spike to 80% at night, :( right know i kinda got it under control i added way more air exchange into the room that i have my tent in and i have not seen it get cross 60% rh in the last couple of days still kinda high but better than 80% :(
what kind of dehumidifier do you have? also i love that you called your plant your "bush" lol <3 :3

and guys i am switching from LED to CMH lighting, i run my lights during the night and with led my temp's are in the 50's / 60's during lights on, so after looking around online i found a CMH ballast / fixture that is dimmable you can dim the 315watt bulb too 250 watt's or 190 watt's so i plant too dim it to 190 watt's and throw it into my 2x2.
gonna rock a 10k cmh bulb during the entire flower cycle im hopeing that the bulb emits little amounts of UVC to help me combat mold, powdery mildew, and bud rot and stuff. im real scared of this stuff during flower :(
so im crossing my fingers that all the UV in the 10K cmh bulb will help :)

also can you guys take a look at my second picture? do you see how the leaves tip's kinda died on me? is that due too high humidity?
is it fungus? or mold? im so scared :(
20231204 093237

20231204 093243

Redneckx

Redneckx

thank you for all of your input i appreciate you :) honestly i was scared so i flipped the lights into 12/12 on the 24th of november i think and they still are not in flower lmfao i guess you cant skip the veg stage with seeds. i grew a clone a while ago and threw it into 12/12 and it immediately flowered on me i guess seeds arent the same thing. :(

dang boss man can you give us a update how much space does the top cola have left before it hits the light? sorry for the late reply my life has been super busy lately :(
I figured out I can lift my inline fan little higher so I got some inch more to use, should be fine but damn it's growing really quick and love to see that with little more space now 😁

Redneckx

Redneckx

brother man i know how it feels too have humidity issues ;( i have been trying too get my humidity in check, during veg my plants humidity would spike to 80% at night, :( right know i kinda got it under control i added way more air exchange into the room that i have my tent in and i have not seen it get cross 60% rh in the last couple of days still kinda high but better than 80% :(
what kind of dehumidifier do you have? also i love that you called your plant your "bush" lol <3 :3

and guys i am switching from LED to CMH lighting, i run my lights during the night and with led my temp's are in the 50's / 60's during lights on, so after looking around online i found a CMH ballast / fixture that is dimmable you can dim the 315watt bulb too 250 watt's or 190 watt's so i plant too dim it to 190 watt's and throw it into my 2x2.
gonna rock a 10k cmh bulb during the entire flower cycle im hopeing that the bulb emits little amounts of UVC to help me combat mold, powdery mildew, and bud rot and stuff. im real scared of this stuff during flower :(
so im crossing my fingers that all the UV in the 10K cmh bulb will help :)

also can you guys take a look at my second picture? do you see how the leaves tip's kinda died on me? is that due too high humidity?
is it fungus? or mold? im so scared :(
View attachment 2082591

View attachment 2082592
Daaamn your plants look amazing imo!🥹
Maybe you just have to fix the heights of your light, the tips look like light burn to me. How far are they away? 25-30" should be good by now. Will you use a second net? If not it's look a little low to me the final stretch not even begun.

My dehumifier is Trotec ttk27: https://uk.trotec.com/products-serv...n-dehumidifier-of-the-ttk-series/ttk-27-hepa/
The Rh is a little more under control right now with much airflow I'm hopefully good. Average Rh is 63 rh, max. 73 and min. 55.

Sorry don't know about CMH lights so others will take you further with that.
Check your plants with a microscope if you have one or like me, just with my eagle eyes haha if there is sth. suspicious let us know and take a pic of it.
For me you lady's look great! Just go on!

Top Bottom