Zombie Plant retopped itself lol

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie27

Newbie27

Topped And The top grew back lol any ideas to why??Topped And The top grew back lol any ideas to why??

Newbie27

Newbie27

Here is my diy grow setup!
Also i have posted the TOPPED PLANT that regrew i didnt fim it i topped it and it grew back!

20210120 100859
20210120 100807
20210120 100857
Newbie27

Newbie27

You probably left a little bit of the primordial tissue.
You can clearly see where i cut it theres a line threw it where i cut there was mothing there but cut stem and a top busted threw the scab and started growing

Newbie27

Newbie27

It happens... 🤷‍♂️
I never seen this before but then again i never grew before first time but i watch alot of vids on it and also i noticed my nodes structure is great maybe im just good at it lol

Dr.B

Dr.B

I never seen this before but then again i never grew before first time but i watch alot of vids on it and also i noticed my nodes structure is great maybe im just good at it lol
Some strains are more persistent in this behaviour than others. One of the new growth sites under the cut replaces the dominant arm and keeps going. If the plant sees more potential in that, usually taller and/or central arm it will put all its energy there. Maintaining an even canopy helps with this, growing from clone helps with that. 😉

Last edited:
Newbie27

Newbie27

Some strains are more persistent in this behaviour than others. One of the new growth sites under the cut replaces the dominant arm and keeps going. If the plant sees more potential in that, usually taller arm it will put all its energy there. Maintaining an even canopy helps with this, growing from clone helps with that. 😉
So should i top ot again orrrrr??? First time grower and also my nodes structure is pretty close is that good ?

Dr.B

Dr.B

So should i top ot again orrrrr??? First time grower and also my nodes structure is pretty close is that good ?
Depends. Are you in veg? If so than you can cut with impunity. It depends on what size and shape you want. For your first time I suggest letting it do what it does while you feed, watch and learn. Start integrating LST then HST in subsequent grows as you go. Eventually you will figure out what works best for your flower space.

I top mine as clones...

Newbie27

Newbie27

Depends. Are you in veg? If so than you can cut with impunity. It depends on what size and shape you want. For your first time I suggest letting it do what it does while you feed, watch and learn. Start integrating LST then HST in subsequent grows as you go. Eventually you will figure out what works best for your flower space.

I top mine as clones...
Im in veg still ...
But i dont want it to get to tall you know
A friend said to top it about 5 nodes up to stay short .

Reactions: PK1
Dr.B

Dr.B

I would let it get some momentum and flip it. The first few weeks of flower are accelerated veg growth anyway. Don't veg too long.

Top Bottom