Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
WS4U

WS4U

Well the time has come for me to sit down and type this out the best i can.......
SUPPLIES:
9"x13" pyrex
8"x8" pyrex
electric griddle
filtration of some sort of filtration (pictured here is 50 micron screen with hair tie on jar , also you can use coffee filters, i really like the mesh ones)
strainer
91% or higher iso alcohol( enough to cover material twice, for one ounce trim i use one 32 oz bottle)
material to run (in this example i have 26.8 grams)
razor blade or scraper of some sort( i prefer the straight blades for scrapers)
fan
2- 1 quart large mouth mason jars

IMG 3209
IMG 3211

Shopping

GETTING STARTED:
To begin with set griddle on a level surface where it can be adequately vented using a fan to pull air across pan an draw fumes away while evaporating (do not breathe evaporating fumes! you will get a headache). Once you have picked a nice level surface with good ventilation to set you griddle on its time to set the 9x13 pyrex ontop griddle fill half way with water and turn griddle on to full heat of 400f. While it comes up to temperature is when i do my pouring and preparation work making sure mason jars and 8x8 pyrex dish are free off any dust and contaminants. If your trim is fresh throw it in the oven for 30 minutes at 170f(or as low as oven will go,dry weight 26.8g)I used to keep everything cold in freezer but have long since abandoned this practice and instead use the oven dry and quick wash to keep final product gold and not green.
IMG 3212
IMG 3213

TIME TO MAKE GOLD:
Alright we got out water heating up on griddle,our containers are all clean, and our material is ready to be processed time to get to business. Take your material and put it all into one of the mason jars. Take iso and pour into jar making sure to fully cover material. Gently twist jars back and forth in "swishing" motion, think like a washing machine on gentle cycle lol. Swish for 30 seconds and then take your strainer over top of the jar and carefully dump liquid thru strainer into other jar. REPEAT rinse and strain of material(i always do 2 quick washes some do more). Take the jar that is full of your gold liquid and put 50micron filter or coffee filter over top of mason jar with a hair tie. Slowly poor the liquid into the 8x8 pyrex, if using unbleached coffee filter this part can take a minute so i recommend the mesh one or the 50 micron screen.
IMG 3217
IMG 3214

LETS GET COOKING:
Ok water bath should be good and warm now. Carefully place 8x8 pyrex into water bath, being careful not to splash water. Turn fan on and let the magic start. Depending on the density of the trichs on your material you may start to see swirls in the oil as it evaporates (i love watching this). As the evaporating oil gets lower i always carefully swish it around in pan, not sure if this helps even evaporation but i do it anyways. The 32oz of iso will take about 2.5-3 hours to evaporate off, i always just check back every half hour to swish oil and check water level(you may need to add water if water bath gets low). Once the liquid is evaporated and you are left with just oil turn the heat off and let oil remain in hot water bath for another 20 minutes.
IMG 3216
IMG 3216

IMG 3210
Freshone

Freshone

What is the advantage of the water bath vs. just setting it on the hot plate at a lower temp gt style?Takes about the same time to EVAP ime.Im getting ready to do about 1/2 lb of trim I need to get rid of so I'm going to do the wash and rinse this time and refreeze the liquid and try straining most of the impurities out before evaping the alcohol and see if it makes a difference.

WS4U

WS4U

What is the advantage of the water bath vs. just setting it on the hot plate at a lower temp gt style?Takes about the same time to EVAP ime.Im getting ready to do about 1/2 lb of trim I need to get rid of so I'm going to do the wash and rinse this time and refreeze the liquid and try straining most of the impurities out before evaping the alcohol and see if it makes a difference.
Lower temp making for less terp loss, stuff will come out shatter. Last batch below.....almost stands erect lol

IMG 3234
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You can do either if you can control the heat....water is for heat

WS4U

WS4U

1/2 lb is quite a bit of material to qwiso...can get the quick wash with that huge amount. I wouldn't use my method for anything more than an ounce at a time really

Freshone

Freshone

I Had to buy some gallon jars and 32 cup coffee filters,lol.I use an old electric skillet and a laser temp gun and keep temps low,just set the pyrex dish right in it with no water.If I set the skillet at about 100-115 pyrex stays 70-80 with fan blowing over it,only way to get lower is don't heat it at all and just use ambient temps and fan.
I can get it light gold and slabby but it's still not easy to handle,I use a dental tool and heat it with a lighter to drop it on my bowls.Id like to get it more user friendly like the cornflakes big makes to sprinkle on bowls or joints which is why I'm trying to get more of the fats,lipids etc out by refreezing and filtering again(winterizing).
It smokes great and it's different but if you have alot of trim I think hash is easier to process in quantity.
Btw I am no expert at concentrates at all,almost everything I've learned about qwiso came from this thread,I used to just compost all the sugar leaves and popcorn if I wasn't saving it for hash.

WS4U

WS4U

I Had to buy some gallon jars and 32 cup coffee filters,lol.I use an old electric skillet and a laser temp gun and keep temps low,just set the pyrex dish right in it with no water.If I set the skillet at about 100-115 pyrex stays 70-80 with fan blowing over it,only way to get lower is don't heat it at all and just use ambient temps and fan.
I can get it light gold and slabby but it's still not easy to handle,I use a dental tool and heat it with a lighter to drop it on my bowls.Id like to get it more user friendly like the cornflakes big makes to sprinkle on bowls or joints which is why I'm trying to get more of the fats,lipids etc out by refreezing and filtering again(winterizing).
It smokes great and it's different but if you have alot of trim I think hash is easier to process in quantity.
Btw I am no expert at concentrates at all,almost everything I've learned about qwiso came from this thread,I used to just compost all the sugar leaves and popcorn if I wasn't saving it for hash.
Once you get material gathered up with razor blade onto parchment u can set parchment on an ice pack to help u gather everything up easily. One u have everything gatherd up on dabber fold clean piece of parchment put dabber and material in middle of parchmnt hold around parchment and twist romremove dabber. Turn on your straightener to warm up then turn it off and then use the residual heat in straightener to flatten glob and make a nice slab. I laser temped my water it was cooler that griddle so i assume the water bath just limits the temp more during evap.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Once you get material gathered up with razor blade onto parchment u can set parchment on an ice pack to help u gather everything up easily. One u have everything gatherd up on dabber fold clean piece of parchment put dabber and material in middle of parchmnt hold around parchment and twist romremove dabber. Turn on your straightener to warm up then turn it off and then use the residual heat in straightener to flatten glob and make a nice slab. I laser temped my water it was cooler that griddle so i assume the water bath just limits the temp more during evap.
It gets rid of hot spots on the heat source too. Water kinda evens the heat out.

Dunge

Dunge

This just in:
20170330 162025ann

Split a bag of fans into two batches.

Shake solvent (room temp) 1st wash (3min) 2nd wash (60 min) yield
180g Isopropanol (99%) 2.5g 5.0g 4%
175g Ethanol (95%) 2.7g 5.8g 4%
Table formatting got hashed, sorry.

Solvents were recovered via distillation.
Ethanol extracts are more green.

I am surprised by how similar the short vs long washes seem to be.
And how much more yield I got from the longer wash.
It is all runny oil at room temp.

Will probably give this to friends to cook with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom