• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

This time of yr seems to go so slow lol
20180815 080816

misterbee

misterbee

Another "brain-picking" question......What is feeding/watering schedule? I'm in the process of constructing six similar "beds" for next year, wanting to be ready as soon as the danger of Frost is past. Do you cover your beds at the end of the growing season (I would think you get heavy snowfall also). Sorry about the elementary
questions, but I have YET to come across such a well-thought out basic grow setup. All that I have previewed your blog/forum with, are equally impressed. You, Young Lady, go to the head of the class!!!!! Thanks, again.

kenny28

kenny28

I actually give that thort for my beds for next year do I cover em n let the magic happen im thinking of composting on the beds ill be using so will covering em with a tarp be best

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Another "brain-picking" question......What is feeding/watering schedule? I'm in the process of constructing six similar "beds" for next year, wanting to be ready as soon as the danger of Frost is past. Do you cover your beds at the end of the growing season (I would think you get heavy snowfall also). Sorry about the elementary
questions, but I have YET to come across such a well-thought out basic grow setup. All that I have previewed your blog/forum with, are equally impressed. You, Young Lady, go to the head of the class!!!!! Thanks, again.
Thanks so much for the kind words and interest.
Since this is mostly a water and go approach. ... The tea that Is partly to add bacteria in but also to add some p and k and silica.

I make sure they get about 5 gallons of water every other day. It doesn't get super hot here tho, so if it did I would water more often.
I also believe in feeding less, more often so I feed the teas (fermented lacto bacil., sea bird guano, kelp, molasses, etc) 2 times a week.

I also do not cover my boxes for winter. (Brings unwanted field mice in) so I just leave the weeds and take an auger to stir up the soil and add new nutes every spring.

Okay speaking of feeding the girls it's time for me to do so ;)

kenny28

kenny28

I have a old composter brimming witn worms and a rabbit so I think I got a good start lol ill add some sand and shop baught compost n whatever else worms eat thanx for the reply

misterbee

misterbee

Thanks so much for the kind words and interest.
Since this is mostly a water and go approach. ... The tea that Is partly to add bacteria in but also to add some p and k and silica.

I make sure they get about 5 gallons of water every other day. It doesn't get super hot here tho, so if it did I would water more often.
I also believe in feeding less, more often so I feed the teas (fermented lacto bacil., sea bird guano, kelp, molasses, etc) 2 times a week.

I also do not cover my boxes for winter. (Brings unwanted field mice in) so I just leave the weeds and take an auger to stir up the soil and add new nutes every spring.

Okay speaking of feeding the girls it's time for me to do so ;)

Where do you source your "fermented lacto bacil"….. from?

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Where do you source your "fermented lacto bacil"….. from?
Btw....it's a fermented fruit recipie (no yeast) and I made some lacto bacillus (I used a pro biotic for more diverse strains) then when the time was right I combined the two together. I add a table spoon to each gallon of water each time I water.

P

Player0685

This time of yr seems to go so slow lolView attachment 823091
Agreed this time of the year is the slowest GL. Hope for a beautiful fall
This time of yr seems to go so slow lolView attachment 823091
It's really slow agreed, but the best show on earth is watching all ur previous months work come to fruition literally :) how's ur gg4's doing? Mine seem behind the cherry bombs a week maybe two. I'm planning first week in Oct for the cherries but could be later part of Oct for glue to rippen and that is bad news if our fall sucks here, but on overall all the girls are looking happy heading to the dance. Any of ur s looking like they will make ur garden again next year or little to early to tell still? Bomb seeds has me a happy lad at this point with the performance of their seeds right from germination no problems at all!

IMG 1598
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Agreed this time of the year is the slowest GL. Hope for a beautiful fall

It's really slow agreed, but the best show on earth is watching all ur previous months work come to fruition literally :) how's ur gg4's doing? Mine seem behind the cherry bombs a week maybe two. I'm planning first week in Oct for the cherries but could be later part of Oct for glue to rippen and that is bad news if our fall sucks here, but on overall all the girls are looking happy heading to the dance. Any of ur s looking like they will make ur garden again next year or little to early to tell still? Bomb seeds has me a happy lad at this point with the performance of their seeds right from germination no problems at all!
Well the 3 strains of bomb are all healthy and full. The clusters are def ahead of the game coming in at number 2 for starting their budletts. The gorilla is just starting to do its thing and surprisingly the atomic is last place in my garden for flowering.
Only time will tell tho, I'm not worried right as of yet. Won't know about adding anything to next yrs garden until they all finish and cure.
I'm trying to make a rule for next yr that I won't grow anything under 25% thc.
So if the gorilla and atomic step up their game they can stay.
I have a feeling the holy grail will be here to stay.

P

Player0685

Well the 3 strains of bomb are all healthy and full. The clusters are def ahead of the game coming in at number 2 for starting their budletts. The gorilla is just starting to do its thing and surprisingly the atomic is last place in my garden for flowering.
Only time will tell tho, I'm not worried right as of yet. Won't know about adding anything to next yrs garden until they all finish and cure.
I'm trying to make a rule for next yr that I won't grow anything under 25% thc.
So if the gorilla and atomic step up their game they can stay.
I have a feeling the holy grail will be here to stay.
Thanks for the update on how they are coming, happy to hear nothing to worry about yet! You have a great journal going best for outdoor imo helping lots learn I'm sure most just don't say anything when they check it out. I appreciate u sharing ur journey and knowledge very enjoyable :)

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Thanks for the update on how they are coming, happy to hear nothing to worry about yet! You have a great journal going best for outdoor imo helping lots learn I'm sure most just don't say anything when they check it out. I appreciate u sharing ur journey and knowledge very enjoyable :)
Your garden is so pretty I just can't stop staring! Just a well job! Really hope you finish well :)

P

Player0685

Your garden is so pretty I just can't stop staring! Just a well job! Really hope you finish well :)
Thank u GL I get lost staring at ur girls pretty easy lol! Your girls are looking like they reached the top of outer trellis WOW! Nice pic of unsuspecting girlfriend I'm assuming her jaw is dropped as she is walking through there hahaha mine would be! Here is to hoping for a great 8 week run of weather. Thanks again for contributing to the grow community many of my friends have seen ur grow and are making changes accordingly next year! You def set the bar girl!!

Top Bottom