4x8, 10 Strain, 13 Plant Sog Input?

• Thread starter Achievable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Achievable

Achievable

Hey guys. I've got these on the way:
-Sensi Seeds 'Northern Lights' (5x) [Fem] - Only one I actually ordered (All rest Fem as well)
-Freedom of Seeds 'Diesellicious' (1x)
-Delicious Seeds 'Critical Super Silver Haze' (1x)
-Dinafem Seeds 'Big Kush' (1x)
-Barneys Farm Seeds 'Triple Cheese' (1x)
-T H Seeds 'DarkStar Kush' (1x)
-Emerald Triangle Seeds 'Royal Purple Kush' (1x)
-Duthc Passion Seeds 'Critical Orange Punch' (1x)
-G13 Labs Seeds 'Super Skunk' (1x)
-Sensi Seeds 'Jack Herer' (!!!!) (3x)

I've grown before but never harvested because of issues regarding legality and circumstance. I will be growing in a 4'x8' tent. I have a 420 CFM CanFan, (2x) 10K portable A/C units & holes cut in my ceiling to exhaust both to the attic. I have a 440 CFM Ventech fan and a Dust Shroom for active intake with speed controllers to even them both out. For lighting, I'll be using roughly 1,400 watts of COB/Strip LED using 2 of my friend's fixtures he designed and patented for his company. I'm really excited to be one of the first to test these out. I plan to veg for 2 weeks.

I'm choosing to grow all of the seeds out and in SOG style because I need the meds quickly. After this run I will be able to take my time. I vegged 2 plants in a 4x4 SCROG years ago for 3 months and they were beautiful but I've never done SOG or even finished a cycle lol. I'll be doing a lot of research of-course, but any advice you guys have would be great. I'm going to post a journal for sure. Hoping to get the seeds popped within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for reading.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Hopefully they all have the same flower time. I just ran into this with my first grow. I grew 6 plants of all different strains. It ended up becoming a pain in the ass because they all wanted different amounts of nutrients, levels of light, water, etc. And they grew at different rates. I didn't grow them in scrog , or sog. I just topped the shit out of them. I ended up chopping 3 down the other day and still waiting for the other 3 to finish. This is holding me up from flipping all of my next run to flower. So i would definitely get strains that have the same flower time. Good luck with your grow

Achievable

Achievable

Hopefully they all have the same flower time. I just ran into this with my first grow. I grew 6 plants of all different strains. It ended up becoming a pain in the ass because they all wanted different amounts of nutrients, levels of light, water, etc. And they grew at different rates. I didn't grow them in scrog , or sog. I just topped the shit out of them. I ended up chopping 3 down the other day and still waiting for the other 3 to finish. This is holding me up from flipping all of my next run to flower. So i would definitely get strains that have the same flower time. Good luck with your grow
They don't. Ideally I'd like to grow out less of a single strain, but I think this will work out. Thanks!

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

My thoughts. Keep this simple. Yes you need the meds but you're also setting yourself up for a supremely complex grow.

Advice: Either keep some in veg in another area? Or better yet start half of the plants about 30 days after the first group. And veg them while the first half goes through flowering stage. This would actually give you more room to work with and more developed plants to flower immediately following the initial harvest.

If you really need to run all of these through veg / flowering at the same time. Make sure you do some planning around placement of the pots before you SCROG them. Accessing each pot (assuming you're doing soil and not DWC) and plant for maintenance is crucial. As some are going to benefit greatly from different levels of training and feeding.

Good luck, this has all the potential to be an epic grow. I demand photos :D

Achievable

Achievable

My thoughts. Keep this simple. Yes you need the meds but you're also setting yourself up for a supremely complex grow.

Advice: Either keep some in veg in another area? Or better yet start half of the plants about 30 days after the first group. And veg them while the first half goes through flowering stage. This would actually give you more room to work with and more developed plants to flower immediately following the initial harvest.

If you really need to run all of these through veg / flowering at the same time. Make sure you do some planning around placement of the pots before you SCROG them. Accessing each pot (assuming you're doing soil and not DWC) and plant for maintenance is crucial. As some are going to benefit greatly from different levels of training and feeding.

Good luck, this has all the potential to be an epic grow. I demand photos :D
You're probably right...Complex is not the way to go right now. I have (2x) 4'x8' tents and (1x) 4'x4' tent. I could keep separate areas. Its actually 16 seeds lolz, so I could do 8 first then 8 after 30 days. I don't need to do it the way I proposed. I just need meds as soon as possible. I might just SCROG...I'd prefer that.

Thanks! You will get photos :)

no bals

no bals

If you flip to flower after 2 weeks you might make it with that many plants in a 4x8 tent. Vegging any longer you are going to be overcrowded quickly and have trouble watering and keeping everyone happy. Since you have two tents I'd keep half in veg until the first flower tent is finished then move the lights to the second tent. You have your meds just as fast, you learned which strain grows best in your setup, and you can grow out the second batch slower and with experience learned. Even outdoors multiple strain grows are hard to manage properly. Indoors can be overwhelming trying to keep the big ones from shading out the short growers. These use twice as much water as those. Etc etc... Since you need a quality crop ASAP, keep the first run as simple as possible.

Achievable

Achievable

If you flip to flower after 2 weeks you might make it with that many plants in a 4x8 tent. Vegging any longer you are going to be overcrowded quickly and have trouble watering and keeping everyone happy. Since you have two tents I'd keep half in veg until the first flower tent is finished then move the lights to the second tent. You have your meds just as fast, you learned which strain grows best in your setup, and you can grow out the second batch slower and with experience learned. Even outdoors multiple strain grows are hard to manage properly. Indoors can be overwhelming trying to keep the big ones from shading out the short growers. These use twice as much water as those. Etc etc... Since you need a quality crop ASAP, keep the first run as simple as possible.
I think I'm going with 2 SCROGs instead. 1 LED is 800w and the other one is like 550w, so I'm thinking 5 plants under the big boy and 3 under the smaller one. I know how to SCROG and I'm sleeping a little better so I'm getting more patient with the meds. I just want a good crop. I think I was setting myself up for failure with the original post.
I would go this direction. good luck. Post lots of pics. You in Oklahoma by chance?
Deff lots of pics. I'm in Florida.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

So if you're in florida. You may have to deal with temp and humidity challenges. Not allowing the tent to become overcrowded, will help you fight high humidity in the later stages of your grow!

Sidenote; I hope you and yours are safe around all that crazy weather that hit Florida this week.

Achievable

Achievable

What do you guys think of 4x northern lights on the corners and 1 critical orange punch in the middle underneath the big LED? then maybe 3 jack herrers under the small one?

Man I'm just so excited to be sleeping a bit now and eating but more importantly to finally grow for real. My buddy had someone testing his lights and I got to try some herb from him. The chocolate diesel glue was by far the most interesting and potent cannabis i've ever smoked in my life. I didn't even know weed could be like that.

I'm excited for this journey!!!

So if you're in florida. You may have to deal with temp and humidity challenges. Not allowing the tent to become overcrowded, will help you fight high humidity in the later stages of your grow!

Sidenote; I hope you and yours are safe around all that crazy weather that hit Florida this week.
Thanks for the advice!

I been in Florida a long time we ain't afraid of hurricanes lolz

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
NL is my all time favorite. I am currently growing 2. It likes a good organic feeding and ime feeding molasses really makes it frosty.
I have grow journal if you like to check out. There are good examples of what not to do and some good tips i hope :D

Madmax

Madmax

Id use the 420 for intake and the 440cfm for exhast.it would b better really if you had a bigger extraction fan...just my 2 bob..

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

What do you guys think of 4x northern lights on the corners and 1 critical orange punch in the middle underneath the big LED? then maybe 3 jack herrers under the small one?

Man I'm just so excited to be sleeping a bit now and eating but more importantly to finally grow for real. My buddy had someone testing his lights and I got to try some herb from him. The chocolate diesel glue was by far the most interesting and potent cannabis i've ever smoked in my life. I didn't even know weed could be like that.

I'm excited for this journey!!!

Thanks for the advice!

I been in Florida a long time we ain't afraid of hurricanes lolz
Taller plants on outside, smaller in centre. Your sativas(jack herer) are going to end up taller than your indicas(NL).

Achievable

Achievable

NL is my all time favorite. I am currently growing 2. It likes a good organic feeding and ime feeding molasses really makes it frosty.
I have grow journal if you like to check out. There are good examples of what not to do and some good tips i hope :D
Why is she your favorite? I've got some general hydroponics nutes so I'm going to use those. I'll get more into all of this during and after this run.

Id use the 420 for intake and the 440cfm for exhast.it would b better really if you had a bigger extraction fan...just my 2 bob..
Well the 420 likely pulls more air than the 440 cause its a much nicer fan.

Taller plants on outside, smaller in centre. Your sativas(jack herer) are going to end up taller than your indicas(NL).
they would be 2 separate nets. 4 of the same surrounding the center one. the other 3 would be in a smaller net under the smaller light.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Why is she your favorite? I've got some general hydroponics nutes so I'm going to use those. I'll get more into all of this during and after this run.

Well the 420 likely pulls more air than the 440 cause its a much nicer fan.

they would be 2 separate nets. 4 of the same surrounding the center one. the other 3 would be in a smaller net under the smaller light.
Because its the only weed that gives me halucinations without panic attacks :) also it doesnt put me to sleep like other indicas. Leaves me incredibly relaxed and still active. I dont clean my house when i am not stoned on NL anymore :D
Yeah its your call about nutes of course but runing this strain in two consecutive runs i can see that it likes a sugar boost in any form, not just molasses.

Achievable

Achievable

Because its the only weed that gives me halucinations without panic attacks :) also it doesnt put me to sleep like other indicas. Leaves me incredibly relaxed and still active. I dont clean my house when i am not stoned on NL anymore :D
Yeah its your call about nutes of course but runing this strain in two consecutive runs i can see that it likes a sugar boost in any form, not just molasses.
Am I even smoking weed? lol...

I don't know anything about nutes or additives etc. I ran the lucas formula years ago that's why I have the nutes. I'm all for buying anything that will help since I've already purchased every piece of equipment I need years ago.

Madmax

Madmax

420cfm pulls more than your 440cfm.nice..what cfm is your carbon filter

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Am I even smoking weed? lol...

I don't know anything about nutes or additives etc. I ran the lucas formula years ago that's why I have the nutes. I'm all for buying anything that will help since I've already purchased every piece of equipment I need years ago.
My tolerance is not that high but i think you will be happy you picked NL :)
There are some good sugar boost products. I grow in organic soil so i use molasses. A teaspoon every watering. Not this time tho. This time i did a drip irrigation thing and havent watered with anything but water and i can definitely see my last grow with molasses was frostier with NL. My Dinachem is just the opposite. Didn’t like getting fed, loves plain water all the way thru :)

Madmax

Madmax

Doubt it. Have to get a new one the one I have is old.
Exactly....so thats why id have the 440 as extraction..your extraction fan has to b rated more than your inlet fan bud..

Lol..i thought id read your post wrong ;)

Last edited:
Achievable

Achievable

My tolerance is not that high but i think you will be happy you picked NL :)
There are some good sugar boost products. I grow in organic soil so i use molasses. A teaspoon every watering. Not this time tho. This time i did a drip irrigation thing and havent watered with anything but water and i can definitely see my last grow with molasses was frostier with NL. My Dinachem is just the opposite. Didn’t like getting fed, loves plain water all the way thru :)
NH was alluring because I've always read it is one of the easiest to grow. Then they hit me with so many freebies when my card wouldn't go through and I had to use bitcoin...Really put me in a spot hah.

Exactly....so thats why id have the 440 as extraction..your extraction fan has to b rated more than your inlet fan bud
What do you mean? I would put money on this CanFan moving more air than the VenTech one, regardless of the 20 CFM difference in rating. Two speed controllers anyways.

Why does it need to be more, though? Wouldn't that create negative pressure? I'd imagine a little bit of negative pressure is OK but I wouldn't shoot for it.

Top Bottom