Autoflower & Photoperiod Pollination

• Thread starter Necromancer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Idk what to do, will she snap out of it or start another to be safe.. Idk
I'd start one n still try to save this one. Your plant isn't dead. I'd run flush and if that don't do a 180 then you know it's not a nute issue. At that point I would go for roots or fungus and drench with neem oil.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Yeah I run about 6.2-6.4 steady in soil.
Have you ever grown autos? Im starting to get use to them, i dont know how this shit happened with my most precious photoperiods all i can think off is abuse while i was gone.. I think i might take your advice and do another while letting the one im worried about does its thing.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Yeah I run about 6.2-6.4 steady in soil.
It looks like its snapping out of it but theirs much work needed as in topping and pruning lower growth at this young stage. Im concerned that if i start another it would not have enough time to catch up with the one ill be reversing and im just basing this on the reputation that purple urkle has. I believe i can make it through this problem but i dont believe its going to be easy. Ive never encountered this with a photoperiod from my 5 yrs of growing. I refuse to let this go, i have to stick with it.

Necromancer

Necromancer

To be honest i cant wait until all this is over. Everytime i say this is the last i have one more thing to do or finish. This time im not going back on my word. I need tooo... Idk i just want out for a few years to find myself get my priorities together because it seems like i put this first instead of the people i love! So i want out to gather myself together. And put the people i love first instead of on the back burner.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Gifted the Windowsill pollinated Autoflower to a friend.
Purp urk looking good and the one i was worried about seems to have snapped out of whatever it was going through (i have my suspicions) but anyways looking to end this grow with a bang!

Necromancer

Necromancer

Had a question for Nspecta because im running his gear, and received a reply. What amazed me a little is how well he knows his strains.He was able to describe one of my girl's to a "T" without even seeing a picture. Im still a little shocked how he was so on point with his descriptions. It reassured me (Not that i had any doubt ) but it reassured me that this is the breeder i will be purchasing my seeds from, from now on.

Necromancer

Necromancer

My current project is going but not how I intended. This is the last project before I disappear for a while.
So here we go...
I'm doing my last breeding project and it started off good but went bad when I noticed what was going on I immediately took action to try and save this project. What happened was I chose the wrong soil for the types of pots I'm using. The types of pots I'm using are very long and Slim. The soil I was using was ffof. The problem is with those types of pots the soil beneath the first inch would stay really moist and not dry out and was causing root rot and other deficiencies. Once I figured out this was my issue I immediately transplanted into coco, but I left the root ball intact with the ffof witch was a big mistake (I should have tried to get as much ffof off the root ball as possible but was concerned about damaging my roots anymore than it was. What I'm assuming is that even though the plant is recovered and is growing that part of the plant where the ffof is is still damaging my roots showing deficiencies on the plant leaves while staying moist in the coco. I'm assuming when the roots start to spread further down into the coco I will still be seeing deficiencies because of the portion of ffof that's in the pot. I believe that is still salvageable but their will be deficiencies because of this.

In the tent currently:
2 purple urkles were the victims of this error.
1 Mend purp
I also have 2 of the auto crosses that I recently finished, sprouted and are in progress right now witch are
Purple kush mom pollinated by a gsc and that offspring was pollinated with a black cream so its a bc x (gsc x pk).

Necromancer

Necromancer

I will be adding more into this equation 2 weeks before I start reversal witch will be purple kush auto, black cream auto, jota mayuscula purple auto, girl scout auto x purple kush auto and the bca x (gsca x pka) Im still debating whether or not I'm going to add a photoperiod or two more.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

SNOLEPERD I use ffof, put a nice layer of growstones at least enough 2 cover your drainage holes, ? ( growstones look like gray porous lava) a use a 3.p9 gal nursery pot, when u feed or water ur plant drain completely even if it takes an hour, with grow stones u get a nice clean drain and beacuse the growstones r porous the roots grow into the little holes and buy the end the grow, the stones r part of ur plant, I have been doing this 4 5 years with autos I have never ever had a root problem, u can use this method with the clay pellets that look like dog food but u get a dirty drain, when I feed I flush my plant, feed and drain completely and i mean completely and fluff up the soil around your plant u know airate,, and u shouldn't have root problems, botanacare pro makes a root enhancer, but in my opinion the best way 2 get nice healthy roots is proper stress training, I put a 14 inch box fan on low in front of all my plants the wind makes the tap root dive to the bottom of your pot, and make shure you get a nice thick mainstem, I only feed my plants base so I don't burn my roots, could this have happened? If u flush your plant completely every time, water won't build up and u won't get root rot. SNOLEPERD

Necromancer

Necromancer

SNOLEPERD I use ffof, put a nice layer of growstones at least enough 2 cover your drainage holes, ? ( growstones look like gray porous lava) a use a 3.p9 gal nursery pot, when u feed or water ur plant drain completely even if it takes an hour, with grow stones u get a nice clean drain and beacuse the growstones r porous the roots grow into the little holes and buy the end the grow, the stones r part of ur plant, I have been doing this 4 5 years with autos I have never ever had a root problem, u can use this method with the clay pellets that look like dog food but u get a dirty drain, when I feed I flush my plant, feed and drain completely and i mean completely and fluff up the soil around your plant u know airate,, and u shouldn't have root problems, botanacare pro makes a root enhancer, but in my opinion the best way 2 get nice healthy roots is proper stress training, I put a 14 inch box fan on low in front of all my plants the wind makes the tap root dive to the bottom of your pot, and make shure you get a nice thick mainstem, I only feed my plants base so I don't burn my roots, could this have happened? If u flush your plant completely every time, water won't build up and u won't get root rot. SNOLEPERD
Thank you for your reply. And I appreciate your advice. The thing is I put a lot of perlite mixed in with the ffof but it would not dry due to how long the pots I am using are. When I went to transplant after finding this out my top inch of soil was dry and everything below that was very wet. I had some coco around but never had used it so was a bit sketchy to try but from what I understood was that coco can or should be treated as a hydroponic medium and can or should always remain wet. Once I transplanted into coco I had no more issues once the roots start gravitate to the coco mix. Only issues I had with coco is if I let the medium dry out from not watering everyday due to me not having so much time to care for them.
Here's a quick update though and sorry for no pics they will be up close to when in done or if not after harvest. I started reversing both Urkle and Mendo around Nov 17 that would be 2 weeks before flipping to flower and up until now is still being treated. I ran out of my 4oz bottle of Tiresias mist and have a couple sprays left to hold me out until my next order of Tiresias Mist arrives. Since I was unsure how much more I would need I ordered 2 4oz bottles to hold me through until the end of treatment. Auto are going well. I pulled one because it wasn't growing well compared to the others some I had to simply just kill because I germinated to many. I did that in case of some not germinateing on time or if at all.. All popped. What sucks is that I didn't know how much water all these auto would take until now, for the autos it takes 1 gal of water everyday to feed all. SMH.. Since in so far in I can't do anything about it now so I guess I have to give that gallon everyday. Also what kinda is annoying is that I have to make 2 batches of nutes with different strengths to accompany the autos and photoperiods, but I knew that to begin with. What I didn't expect was how much more work it is with so many autos when I'm use to working with only 3 or 4 at a time. I have to change the runoff water in the pans every other day so no spills occur in the tent. So I have to take all 3 baskets Lug them out the tent pick up the 4 pans as carefully as possible and empty them, put them back in bring the plants back and than water.. The pans would be half full after that then the next day I water again it would be full and the day after that when I go to water bring the plants out drain pans etc..

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Thank you for your reply. And I appreciate your advice. The thing is I put a lot of perlite mixed in with the ffof but it would not dry due to how long the pots I am using are. When I went to transplant after finding this out my top inch of soil was dry and everything below that was very wet. I had some coco around but never had used it so was a bit sketchy to try but from what I understood was that coco can or should be treated as a hydroponic medium and can or should always remain wet. Once I transplanted into coco I had no more issues once the roots start gravitate to the coco mix. Only issues I had with coco is if I let the medium dry out from not watering everyday due to me not having so much time to care for them.
Here's a quick update though and sorry for no pics they will be up close to when in done or if not after harvest. I started reversing both Urkle and Mendo around Nov 17 that would be 2 weeks before flipping to flower and up until now is still being treated. I ran out of my 4oz bottle of Tiresias mist and have a couple sprays left to hold me out until my next order of Tiresias Mist arrives. Since I was unsure how much more I would need I ordered 2 4oz bottles to hold me through until the end of treatment. Auto are going well. I pulled one because it wasn't growing well compared to the others some I had to simply just kill because I germinated to many. I did that in case of some not germinateing on time or if at all.. All popped. What sucks is that I didn't know how much water all these auto would take until now, for the autos it takes 1 gal of water everyday to feed all. SMH.. Since in so far in I can't do anything about it now so I guess I have to give that gallon everyday. Also what kinda is annoying is that I have to make 2 batches of nutes with different strengths to accompany the autos and photoperiods, but I knew that to begin with. What I didn't expect was how much more work it is with so many autos when I'm use to working with only 3 or 4 at a time. I have to change the runoff water in the pans every other day so no spills occur in the tent. So I have to take all 3 baskets Lug them out the tent pick up the 4 pans as carefully as possible and empty them, put them back in bring the plants back and than water.. The pans would be half full after that then the next day I water again it would be full and the day after that when I go to water bring the plants out drain pans etc..
I wouldn’t let them sit in that water for 2 days. You should empty those after you water IMO. That. Could be part of what’s causing problems

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

First never transplant ur autos there root system r 2 delicate, when growing autos plant them in the pot u r going to use, I use 3 gal, but on my last grow I used a 3.9gal pot it was taller and thinner, I can't stress use growstones or clay pellets 4 drainage this is critical u must b able to drain ur pot completely, other than watering less I had no problems, I believe ur problem is drainage, drain as thourow as possible your pearlite adds nitro 2 ur mix but it allso helps with drainage, could u have used 2 much? Anyway I believe ur problem is drainage. SNOLEPERD

Necromancer

Necromancer

I wouldn’t let them sit in that water for 2 days. You should empty those after you water IMO. That. Could be part of what’s causing problems
The Long pots I purchased for these grows comes with crates that holds 6 long pots and has feet that elevate the pots from sitting in the pans when their drained of water so at no time my plants or pots are submerged in its own runoff. The worst that can happen is that it overflows into the bottom of my tent and I have to either take everything out and empty the bottom part of my tent. This only happened twice so if I don't want extra work its important to change the pans.

Necromancer

Necromancer

First never transplant ur autos there root system r 2 delicate, when growing autos plant them in the pot u r going to use, I use 3 gal, but on my last grow I used a 3.9gal pot it was taller and thinner, I can't stress use growstones or clay pellets 4 drainage this is critical u must b able to drain ur pot completely, other than watering less I had no problems, I believe ur problem is drainage, drain as thourow as possible your pearlite adds nitro 2 ur mix but it allso helps with drainage, could u have used 2 much? Anyway I believe ur problem is drainage. SNOLEPERD
Im sorry if I didn't explain to well but the title of this thread was finished months ago successfully and I had started a new grow but didn't decide to make a new thread. I had little to no problems with the autos, and I did not transplant them. The promblem I had was with the photoperiods when they were in ffof and not drying, I had added a lot of petite and still would not dry and I had to transplant those photos in coco. I had made that mistake before planting my autos so when I learned of the problem with my photos I had started the autos in coco With no issues.
I have ran into a dilemma though.. Last night I was thinking witch way I would like to go with my breeding and wanted to go the purple route, 5 autos purpled other 11 autos did not. The 5 that did purple were not of my creation and the 11 that did not were of my previous breeding experiments. I am reversing the 2 photos to breed with these autoflowers but what to do with the 11 that did not purple? What do I do with them where do I put them? Should I kill or just say hell with it leave it in the tent and just breed them or take them out and leave them infront a window? .. I don't know..wife says their already in their so leave them but I don't want to have seeds in my stock that I'm not to sure about what or how they'll perform, I don't want to be guessing..

Necromancer

Necromancer

Just wondering why my Thread title was changed from Autoflower and Photo Pollination to only Autoflower pollination And was moved to autflower strains section i have 2 photoperiod female plants I'm reversing to breed with these Autoflowers... ??????? The 2 photos are the backbone of this grow and are being used as such does that not take priority over the autoflowers that are being used to seed?

Top Bottom