Backyard Greenhouse...

• Thread starter stiffneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

Looking good! I've seen both - TMV and variegation. That looks like variegation to me. TMV does look a bit the same but the plant will eventually look sickly and the affected leaves become distorted. Yours look very healthy.
Here's a pic of my variegated Purps male. I saved lots of pollen from this guy - hoping it might pass on to next gen.
PurpsVarsm

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Do you smoke cigarettes? If you do make sure to always wash your hands before touching any plants. Consider a propane burner to warm things up a bit.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Never have I smoked cigarettes. Is variegation an indication of potency? The reason I ask is the wife and kid say this pheno smells like gas... really bad. Myself....?I cannot smell shit. I mean really if you held shit right under my nose i couldn't smell it. Never have had a sense of smell. Kind of makes growing cannabis difficult at times. I kind of Envy the folks that have a palate that can taste flavors on the inhale and exhale.

We don't get much rain in San Diego but I do remember a few years back having a frost ruin a crop...

M

MamaBear

Are you chasing it because it's "a thing"?
No, I just think variegated plants are pretty. And yes, variegation is a genetic defect but rarely affects other aspects of the plant.
It's caused by a lack of chloroplasts in the leaves. Cells with no chloroplasts means no photosynthesis means no GREEN so it stays white. Some variegation is OK, but too much and you have a all-white plant - those usually don't survive because they can't photosynthesize.
Variegation has nothing to do with smell or flavor. It's more like moles and birthmarks on humans. Your cut is just a really funky-smelling plant that happens to be variegated. Don't worry about it. Your girls look FINE!!

Top Bottom