Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is a much better option in my opinion. The reflector is designed specifically for the Phillips bulb. Which has the highest par of all the cmh bulbs.

In an open room alone at 18" I can flower in a 2.5' x 2.5' -3'x 3'. I do not think without a reflective box like a tent or cabinet it would effectively reach out to 4' square.

My plants start to lean in to get more light past 3' out.

It blasts my 3x3 tent real nice though. But is very hyped up. I am going to do a run with it seed to harvest soon.

G gnome

G gnome

315 watts is still 315 watts,putting it in a bigger hood will not give you any more light just weaker diluted light,glass will also take it's toll on light output.
As for vegging I've been doing fine with them at 25-30" covering 4x4,better than 8 bulb t5s slammed down on top of them at less amp draw too.
Agrre on all accounts. And thats exactly why i bought em and the t5 are what im replacing w em.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you put a small add hood with a 315 next to my big kahuna hood with the same 315, my BK hood will spread the lught a ton better.

Small hood = higher up
Bigger hood = closer to canopy and will fill a larger space. Don't believe me, see every single harvest pic for the last 4 harvests.

G gnome

G gnome

If you put a small add hood with a 315 next to my big kahuna hood with the same 315, my BK hood will spread the lught a ton better.

Small hood = higher up
Bigger hood = closer to canopy and will fill a larger space. Don't believe me, see every single harvest pic for the last 4 harvests.

So, what ur sayin is " yes G gnome ur exactly right as usual "?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

940 bulb
It's either the cdm elite or the agro bulb. One or the other, I forgot which one is veg and which I use for flower.

Bigjuice

Bigjuice

yeah the 940 elite is the more blue one but ive read that people prefer the 930 agro im veg but the 930 agro is ther flower bulb just wondering if one is better then the other in veg i have both bulbs

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

940 for veg
930 for flower

I've used the 930 for vegging for 3 weeks before flip. Even with co2, I didn't notice the growth like i do with the 940 veg bulb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If im able to and remember, I'll swap back out the 4x 930 flower bulbs for 4x 940 bulbs the last 2 or 3 weeks of flower and see if the added uv from the 940 adds more to the quality. This is if i remember and if im able to open the hoods with the plants in the way.

gwheels

gwheels

I am using a 3100k bulb. 1 in a 4 x 4 tent (phillips) I see they are now down to 380 canadian which is about 300 USD. (for the fixture with the bulb) What???? I paid 450 for mine BUT. I think for the wattage and coverage it is the best light I ever owned. And the plants really love it. The colas are tighter and fatter and the trich content is out of this world. I thought it was PM until I scoped it and they are all trichs. I know a 315 covers 3 x 3 max but I need room for stuff. Next grow the reservoir is moving out of the tent. I am parking 4 plants in the tent and I am adding the 200 watt timber to cover the difference in space. I might even jam in the mars 48 reflector and park the 550 watt cobb. Or get another tent and learn to scrog the shit out of stuff.

But 8 to 10 ounces off of 315 watts. It is the best I ever hit by almost double. And they are beautiful.
This is all my humble opinion but I was steered in the right direction because I read a shit-ton here (Thanks DemonTrich).

I personally think if you are just after personal it would be hard to compete with the value of the 315 CMH with a phillips bulb. LED is good but you have to jack that cost up at least double for the coverage. And sometimes you just need what you need and getting 2 pounds out of a 4 x 4 is not the goal.

:D

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Thanks man! I wouldn't have swapped to cmh nor recommended it if I didn't think it was a positive way to go for the better.

A lot of searching and reading lead me to the cmh. I have @hammerhead to thank. His posts over there swayed my thinking about lighting.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Thanks man! I wouldn't have swapped to cmh nor recommended it if I didn't think it was a positive way to go for the better.

A lot of searching and reading lead me to the cmh. I have @hammerhead to thank. His posts over there swayed my thinking about lighting.

I’ve done a lot of research too and once you compare the watts used to yields and the footprint it creates and the PPFD counts over that footprint cmh trumps everything else including and especially LEDs. I love them. PLUS UVB!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Led

lol

sorry, I still dont buy into 99% of what any led co pany says. U less sixstring builds one, that's the only led pa so I would trust to be true

StandingRock

StandingRock

Led

lol

sorry, I still dont buy into 99% of what any led co pany says. U less sixstring builds one, that's the only led pa so I would trust to be true

I started with LEDs and I found that companies overstate the footprint a lot and when you look at the actual footprint and ppfd you’re at the same or less than an hps or cmh except LED fixtures cost five times as much. So I cut that shit out quick.

Bigjuice

Bigjuice

will one 315 get the same weight as 1 600 sun master bulb wondering if i should swap my little 4 planter out

Bigjuice

Bigjuice

ok its just ive read afew posts someone swapped 6000w hps with 2850w cmh and reckoned he was getting more weight and someone else swapped 1800w hps with 1260w cmh and getting a little extra is tbis not the case then

Top Bottom