First Grow And Scrog, How's It Looking?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

Nope!

That puts you at 1200ppm!

I meant a Cannabis feeding chart. I found out the GH is literally more "general" when it comes to feeding.

GH needs roughly less than half of that chart. That's what I used at the beginning when everyone was shocked by my numbers

Don't bother with their chart. Just find someone who has been doing it a while and use their recipe. That's where I got this one, I didn't invent it. Omit the green bottle.

Photosysnthesis plus per instructions (you can skip this altogether of budget is tight)
Orca per instructions. (don't skip)
GH Armor Si 5ml per gallon (mix per instructions, very important)
GH Cali-magic 5-8ml per gallon (see where the plants like it)
GH Micro 8ml per gallon
GH Bloom 16ml per gallon
Botanicaire Liquid Karma 5ml per gallon (you can go to 8ml, but try it in a year when you are more in sync)

I would measure that out and take a reading and see where you are ppm wise. I've been using it for quite a while so I don't bother anymore (and therefore don't remember).

Then dilute it to where you need to be at. In the future, you can scale back the Micro and bloom to be where you want to be, but I think it will be fine. Leave the rest as is. In other words, don't go lower than 5ml per gallon on Armor Si or Cali-magic or Karma.

I believe it's the Liquid Karma, but even with pretty high ppm, growing plants seem to take it and love it. You might tweak a couple things here and there, e.g. I added photo plus bc I find it makes the plants stinkier and faster...but that exact recipe above is used by several breeders and long time growers. I would just start using it asap and forget about nutes for a while and work on the environmental issues if there are any. When you start it, dilute it and make sure your plants like it. No reason they shouldn't, but some plants are light feeders.

Also, bc the plants don't show signs of stress or burn doesn't mean the mix is appropriate. I wouldn't go higher than 1000 ppm peak for your first time. Feeding higher is walking a fine line. For your first couple runs, it's not worth the risk imo. You will slaughter at 1000ppm with the above recipe. 1200 won't be better your first time. It's the type of thing you get a feel for with time.

If you overfeed with the above recipe, they don't usually show signs of burn, they will become mutantly large and you can have problems with bud rot etc. So you have to be concious of it. But if you want a framework to build off of, there it is. I've messed with it a great deal since I got it, and I always end up coming back to the way I received it every time.

Also, the way I received it had GH Liquid Koolbloom at 5ml per gallon. But others were omitting it and didnt notice much, I tried it as well and didn't notice a difference. So now I just add it weeks 1-4-ish of flower. But that's a line you don't need to walk just yet. But fyi, that was part of it.

Junk

Junk

Flower yet?
What height are they now, and what height is your max for them?

See your second to last pic in your last post with pics? You should have continued tucking those under the net to create an even height, and evenly distributed canopy for your light spread. It's not a huge deal, you will know for next time. But you want that net to look like it's holding back a wall of green. Then you pull the select stuff up through and cut off the stuff that won't reach it. It takes a while to fill a scrog. But then this happens...
20160112 095400

and becomes this... and you yield very well.
20160125 113446

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

I'm still tucking they just look longer then they are.the nodes are so often I have to be careful not to wreck the new growth. I'm not done tucking at all just letting them get 3 to 4 inches first is all. I've been doing the same thing the entire time.

Junk

Junk

I'm still tucking they just look longer then they are.the nodes are so often I have to be careful not to wreck the new growth. I'm not done tucking at all just letting them get 3 to 4 inches first is all. I've been doing the same thing the entire time.
You could flip any time now. I would probably continue doing what you're doing for another week or so then flip. Normally I lollipop a week before the flip, but it looks like you have that out of the way.

S

Shawnery

Lollipop = pruning under the net ?

I've been doing this slowly over time so not to stress the plant out all at once.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Nope!

I meant a Cannabis feeding chart. I found out the GH is literally more "general" when it comes to feeding.

GH needs roughly less than half of that chart. That's what I used at the beginning when everyone was shocked by my numbers

Flower yet?
I use the feed chart.. It works excellent..
Cmon you newbs!
Of course its 1200...
You then add ro water to it till you bring it down to your target Ec..
And ive used the whole line and also just skipped it..
I do see difference in smell and taste.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Don't bother with their chart. Just find someone who has been doing it a while and use their recipe. That's where I got this one, I didn't invent it. Omit the green bottle.

Photosysnthesis plus per instructions (you can skip this altogether of budget is tight)
Orca per instructions. (don't skip)
GH Armor Si 5ml per gallon (mix per instructions, very important)
GH Cali-magic 5-8ml per gallon (see where the plants like it)
GH Micro 8ml per gallon
GH Bloom 16ml per gallon
Botanicaire Liquid Karma 5ml per gallon (you can go to 8ml, but try it in a year when you are more in sync)

I would measure that out and take a reading and see where you are ppm wise. I've been using it for quite a while so I don't bother anymore (and therefore don't remember).

Then dilute it to where you need to be at. In the future, you can scale back the Micro and bloom to be where you want to be, but I think it will be fine. Leave the rest as is. In other words, don't go lower than 5ml per gallon on Armor Si or Cali-magic or Karma.

I believe it's the Liquid Karma, but even with pretty high ppm, growing plants seem to take it and love it. You might tweak a couple things here and there, e.g. I added photo plus bc I find it makes the plants stinkier and faster...but that exact recipe above is used by several breeders and long time growers. I would just start using it asap and forget about nutes for a while and work on the environmental issues if there are any. When you start it, dilute it and make sure your plants like it. No reason they shouldn't, but some plants are light feeders.

Also, bc the plants don't show signs of stress or burn doesn't mean the mix is appropriate. I wouldn't go higher than 1000 ppm peak for your first time. Feeding higher is walking a fine line. For your first couple runs, it's not worth the risk imo. You will slaughter at 1000ppm with the above recipe. 1200 won't be better your first time. It's the type of thing you get a feel for with time.

If you overfeed with the above recipe, they don't usually show signs of burn, they will become mutantly large and you can have problems with bud rot etc. So you have to be concious of it. But if you want a framework to build off of, there it is. I've messed with it a great deal since I got it, and I always end up coming back to the way I received it every time.

Also, the way I received it had GH Liquid Koolbloom at 5ml per gallon. But others were omitting it and didnt notice much, I tried it as well and didn't notice a difference. So now I just add it weeks 1-4-ish of flower. But that's a line you don't need to walk just yet. But fyi, that was part of it.
He is having you do the nube shuffle with the Lucas mix...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

What?????????
Never heard that or seen it......
Bud rot is from high humidity and lack of air flow...

S

Shawnery

I'm fine with just the base nutes for now. I want to see where I go from the base and up. Now I can see any difference changes make in reference to my first grow.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment and trying to help the noob.

Great information soilgame420

Quick return question though,

Why is the one plant rooting so differently in the same conditions.
I havent read the whole thread. I hate to say but you have missed the whole spirit of the scrog technique to some degree. Here is a link that is one of the better ones I have seen. It has a step by step tutorial to help you better understand what your trying to do. The 1st mistake you made is overloaded the area and size of screen with too many plants. But if you check out this tutorial you will get on the right track for your next run. A proper scrog is one of the more productive ways to train cannabis. http://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tutorial

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Nope!

Here is another little secret the fert companies wont tell you. When running hydro or even better bubbler buckets dwc or rdwc the efficiency of the rootzone is way better and the plant doesnt have to expend a lot of energy throwing out roots to search for nutes, you can grow awesome amounts with half of what they recommend on their bottles. Remember they are in business to sell nutes they want you back sooner than later. When in hydro I have found excellent results with using minimal nutes compared to what they recommend. Most peeps cause more problems than good overfeeding their plants.

The pic in my avatar was fed with a 1/4 of the nutes recommended. Does she look malnourished???

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Yes I agree I have too many plants I found that out after I started but by that time I had already bought them so I just went with it. I really should have had only had four plants for the screen size that way I would have had four square feet for every plant. Once again I will have to say considering this is my first scrog my first Hydro my first time growing cannabis I think I've done an outstanding job to be honest.

I understand what the spirit of a scrog is just because I've made some mistakes on my first grow doesn't preclude my ability to understand as I go. Better yet I would say that a spirit of the scrog can't be defined by one person or by one belief. I could see some people thinking that doing a scrog is about getting the most Bud out of the least amount of plants. Or a scrog could be seen as the ability to have your plant grow equal colas. Am I off because everything I read about scroggs and I've read pretty much everything there is on the net pretty much says that's what's going on?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Here is another little secret the fert companies wont tell you. When running hydro or even better bubbler buckets dwc or rdwc the efficiency of the rootzone is way better and the plant doesnt have to expend a lot of energy throwing out roots to search for nutes, you can grow awesome amounts with half of what they recommend on their bottles. Remember they are in business to sell nutes they want you back sooner than later. When in hydro I have found excellent results with using minimal nutes compared to what they recommend. Most peeps cause more problems than good overfeeding their plants.

The pic in my avatar was fed with a 1/4 of the nutes recommended. Does she look malnourished???
This info I can back!
I didnt want to straight say that..
I figured get a run in then start advising,
It seems easy to step on toes and hurt feelings,
which im sure i end up doing anyways...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes I agree I have too many plants I found that out after I started but by that time I had already bought them so I just went with it. I really should have had only had four plants for the screen size that way I would have had four square feet for every plant. Once again I will have to say considering this is my first scrog my first Hydro my first time growing cannabis I think I've done an outstanding job to be honest.

I understand what the spirit of a scrog is just because I've made some mistakes on my first grow doesn't preclude my ability to understand as I go.
Oh hell no man. I hope you didnt feel I was putting you down. With what you have your doing a great job. I was just trying to get you pointed in the right direction for your next run. You will get better each time as you learn. Keep on keeping on its a journey and a learning process.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This info I can back!
I didnt want to straight say that..
I figured get a run in then start advising,
It seems easy to step on toes and hurt feelings,
which im sure i end up doing anyways...
Agreed, it seems easy to offend online as we cant see each other faces and we never really are sure of the persons intent or spirit.

I know I come across strong at times, but truly love helping people. Always have always will. Well at least those willing to learn. :D

S

Shawnery

By the way I read the growweedeasy one I've also read about 10 or 12 others. They are roughly say the same thing people just put it different ways.

S

Shawnery

thanks for pointing out I agree often on the internet you can't properly be informed of intent. I could have read your post as being a bit negative which I allowed myself to feel but I also tried to respond in a way that wasn't too bad. I am sorry as well if I came off reactive to your response I can be a bit touchy I apologize!

I always tried to assume the best of what people mean when I conversate with them but I always find myself lacking that ability on the internet and I apologize for my rash reaction to your obvious attempt to do nothing more than help me thank you!

Top Bottom