Flushing! Let's Chit Chat

• Thread starter brazel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Cigs have a pretty thick paper which adds to the heat of the cherry making it burn hotter n whiter. Some bud I've had burns dark in a raw paper put it in a zig zag white (thicker paper)and it burns mint. Some strains I've grown burn perfectly with zero flush, others not so much. You seem like a pretty seasoned vet grower, you've never ran into certain strains that didn't burn right despite proper dry/cure? On a side note magnesium burns white hot maybe it's other minerals and heavy metals affecting burn quality in some strains? Been reading growing and learning about flushing for years just trying to improve. Apparently tobacco farmers manipulate calcium and magnesium levels to alter burning characteristics. Think I read some stuff on here years ago.... more calcium leads to a more solid ash, more mag a lighter flakier ash... could be other way around haha I'll see if I can find the link.... Cheers fellas! We is learnin stuffs lol
It's funny how the mind works... Why no matter what strain, flush is not used in no till...I mean a plant grows the same right? As in you need this and that

brazel

brazel

That was my initial reaction lol, then he says it has spread over all 60 strains he has:opps: I don’t know if it’s from the cigs but I doubt it. But I’ve never seen anything infect that many different strains.
your comments get me thinking a lot! While nothing is solid they make me wanna know more!

P

PharmHand

IMG 1809
IMG 1810
For the inexperienced smokers. Zig zag blue= thicker papers =faster burning = hotter cherry. Zigzag white=thinner papers= slower burning= less hot of a cherry. Mind works just fine. And it's open....

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

View attachment 770905 View attachment 770906 For the inexperienced smokers. Zig zag blue= thicker papers =faster burning = hotter cherry. Zigzag white=thinner papers= slower burning= less hot of a cherry. Mind works just fine. And it's open....
Good to know!
I didn't know that!,
I also don't think I've seen these but in pics!
I'm my area I definitely seen orange packs, an iridescent kinda pack and a white pack. Oh and king size. I buy elements or raw but if needed I'll use anything that works!

Shamus

Shamus

I'm pretty sure flushing isn't necessary (even tho I do it) and shitty tasting bud it seems, is for nutrients getting stuck*? In plant tissue after over fertilization.. and I don't think will ever leave, or at least not fully.

That's why

LESS IS MORE

I've always ran pseudo organics

Organikz

Organikz

That was my initial reaction lol, then he says it has spread over all 60 strains he has:opps: I don’t know if it’s from the cigs but I doubt it. But I’ve never seen anything infect that many different strains.
Ye0 only TMV has not been proven to affect cannabis. People are seeing variegation and thinking that is tobacco mosaic virus.

A plant with variegation is just as useless though. It can only photosynthesize at half the rate depending on how bad the variegation is

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Ye0 only TMV has not been proven to affect cannabis. People are seeing variegation and thinking that is tobacco mosaic virus.

A plant with variegation is just as useless though. It can only photosynthesize at half the rate depending on how bad the variegation is
Ya my original diesel does the variegation but doesn’t spread to other plants. This guy has had it spread to 60 strains lol. Don’t get clones from that guy!

P

PharmHand

IMG 1814
IMG 1816
Potassium and lack of calcium appear to be the contributor to dark ash. Calcium and phosphorus lighten the ash....Coco is naturally high in potassium and low in calcium. My water is low ppm 10-40ppm or RO ,so almost no calcium.... It would appear over flushing coco with no calcium or phosphorus might actually NEGATIVELY impact burn quality. A friend of mine over feeds like a MF and flushes very little yet his bud burns pretty dam white considering. His water source is 300ppm plus- mostly calcium .....

I've read on weed forums phosphorus was the culprit for black ash but the science doesn't support that...... I too have noticed super purple bud doesn't burn as nicely. Purple leaves no issues but when the calyxes go super purp it doesn't burn great. Purpling can be brought out by phosphorus deficiencies-whether brought about by cold temperatures, genetics influencing its uptake or simple lack of available P.... Thanks for your insight @MidwestToker you helped me figure out something that's had me stumped for a while now

P

PharmHand

Ya my original diesel does the variegation but doesn’t spread to other plants. This guy has had it spread to 60 strains lol. Don’t get clones from that guy!
Some of his pics looked like simple ph issues -twisting leaves. Or environmental- leaf edge curl. I've worked in big places like that and you see random weird plants, it's inevitable on that scale. Could even be bad bags of medium, it happens when you're dealing with hundreds of bags or bails. He tested positive for fusarium which does cause problems yet he didn't think that was the problem. And he said it tested positive for "a virus". AFAIK when virus testing they test against known viruses so if they determined he had a virus they WOULD know which one

P

PharmHand

Here's my big question...how do u flush ammonium and magnesium and heavy metals with water?
I try to eat mostly organic to avoid things like pesticides, herbicides gmos etc... So naturally I'd wanna smoke organic too.... But from what I've researched organically grown herb will generally have higher amounts of heavy metals and minerals than herb grown with a quality blend of select salts. When you're eating fruits and vegetables it's beneficial for them to have higher mineral and vitamin content but when you're smoking it that's probably not a good thing. If you're using things like rock phosphate or kelp you're inadvertently adding heavy metals like arsenic,chromium and lead and even radioactive elements like strontium and cesium( kelp). You plant in rich fertile soil it's pretty difficult to leach any nutrients out nearing harvest and most amendments are slow release so timing their effective release would be really difficult. What's in the roots almost certainly ends up in the shoots. So from that perspective one might be better off with salts and known clean organic fast release amendments for bud that is to be smoked?

Organikz

Organikz

I try to eat mostly organic to avoid things like pesticides, herbicides gmos etc... So naturally I'd wanna smoke organic too.... But from what I've researched organically grown herb will generally have higher amounts of heavy metals and minerals than herb grown with a quality blend of select salts. When you're eating fruits and vegetables it's beneficial for them to have higher mineral and vitamin content but when you're smoking it that's probably not a good thing. If you're using things like rock phosphate or kelp you're inadvertently adding heavy metals like arsenic,chromium and lead and even radioactive elements like strontium and cesium( kelp). You plant in rich fertile soil it's pretty difficult to leach any nutrients out nearing harvest and most amendments are slow release so timing their effective release would be really difficult. What's in the roots almost certainly ends up in the shoots. So from that perspective one might be better off with salts and known clean organic fast release amendments for bud that is to be smoked?
Oh nooooos...those organic growers don't know about calcium sulfate huh? Any heavy metal will bind to sulfate....some organic growers know that we flush every time we water.

Top Bottom