Flushing! Let's Chit Chat

• Thread starter brazel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

Oh nooooos...those organic growers don't know about calcium sulfate huh? Any heavy metal will bind to sulfate....some organic growers know that we flush every time we water.
Care to elaborate? Anything to support what you say? Very interested, never heard feeding gypsum specifically would do that. Providing adequate calcium helps reduce heavy metal uptake from what I read but not that gypsum is superior at it.

Organikz

Organikz

Calcium sulphate improves chemical soil properties
Calcium sulphate acts as a pH buffer, which can contribute to neutralising both soil alkalinity and
acidity. Soil pH directly affects the life and growth of plants because it affects the availability of
all plant nutrients. Around 6.5, most plant nutrients are in their most available state. A nutrient
must be and remain soluble long enough to successfully travel through the soil solution into the
roots.
Alkaline soils: Thanks to the supply of sulphur, calcium sulphate corrects soil alkalinity and
lowers high pH conditions (above 6.5). Alkaline soils contain large quantities of sodium which
has severe detrimental effects on soil structure, such as loss of aggregation and reduced pore
spaces. The addition of calcium sulphate helps restoring aggregation and pore space by leaching
out harmful sodium through ionic exchange:
CaSO4 + NaCO3 CaCO3 + NA2SO4
Sodium sulphate is then leached out of the soil by rainfall or heavy irrigations. Calcium sulphate
may also be used in areas where high rates of sodium are contained in the irrigation water.
Acid soils: For acid soils with a pH below 6, the usual recommendation is for the application of
ground limestone which is alkaline. It is highly effective in raising pH and is a source of calcium
nutrition on surface soil. But also calcium sulphate (slightly alkaline) may counteract acid soils
and raise low pH conditions, more gently than lime, and especially at lower soil depths which
interfere with root development, nutrient transportation and absorption. Calcium from lime does
not migrate to the subsoil and requires a chemical reaction to become available to the growing
media. The calcium of calcium sulphate, on the other hand is readily available because it is
water soluble (2g/l) and leaches down through the soil profile into the subsoil depths. Acid soils
need lime, but to gain optimum benefits and improved yield calcium sulphate and lime blends
are recommended.

It also loosens the structure of soil.

Aluminum sulfide or aluminium sulphide is a chemical compound with the formula Al2S3. This colorless species has an interesting structural chemistry, existing in several forms. The material is sensitive to moisture, hydrolyzing to hydrated aluminium oxides/hydroxides.[1] This can begin when the sulfide is exposed to the atmosphere. The hydrolysis reaction generates gaseous hydrogen sulfide (H2S).

So you see these heavy metals bond to sulfate and then oxidation occurs and they become gas (sulfide) or ar continuously leached.

What does sulfuric acid do to things?

P

PharmHand

Calcium sulphate improves chemical soil properties
Calcium sulphate acts as a pH buffer, which can contribute to neutralising both soil alkalinity and
acidity. Soil pH directly affects the life and growth of plants because it affects the availability of
all plant nutrients. Around 6.5, most plant nutrients are in their most available state. A nutrient
must be and remain soluble long enough to successfully travel through the soil solution into the
roots.
Alkaline soils: Thanks to the supply of sulphur, calcium sulphate corrects soil alkalinity and
lowers high pH conditions (above 6.5). Alkaline soils contain large quantities of sodium which
has severe detrimental effects on soil structure, such as loss of aggregation and reduced pore
spaces. The addition of calcium sulphate helps restoring aggregation and pore space by leaching
out harmful sodium through ionic exchange:
CaSO4 + NaCO3 CaCO3 + NA2SO4
Sodium sulphate is then leached out of the soil by rainfall or heavy irrigations. Calcium sulphate
may also be used in areas where high rates of sodium are contained in the irrigation water.
Acid soils: For acid soils with a pH below 6, the usual recommendation is for the application of
ground limestone which is alkaline. It is highly effective in raising pH and is a source of calcium
nutrition on surface soil. But also calcium sulphate (slightly alkaline) may counteract acid soils
and raise low pH conditions, more gently than lime, and especially at lower soil depths which
interfere with root development, nutrient transportation and absorption. Calcium from lime does
not migrate to the subsoil and requires a chemical reaction to become available to the growing
media. The calcium of calcium sulphate, on the other hand is readily available because it is
water soluble (2g/l) and leaches down through the soil profile into the subsoil depths. Acid soils
need lime, but to gain optimum benefits and improved yield calcium sulphate and lime blends
are recommended.

It also loosens the structure of soil.

Aluminum sulfide or aluminium sulphide is a chemical compound with the formula Al2S3. This colorless species has an interesting structural chemistry, existing in several forms. The material is sensitive to moisture, hydrolyzing to hydrated aluminium oxides/hydroxides.[1] This can begin when the sulfide is exposed to the atmosphere. The hydrolysis reaction generates gaseous hydrogen sulfide (H2S).

So you see these heavy metals bond to sulfate and then oxidation occurs and they become gas (sulfide) or ar continuously leached.

What does sulfuric acid do to things?
I'm interested in the gypsum I just can't see what you're referring to in that post. Says it helps reduce sodium levels, not heavy metals, am I missing something? Are you adding aluminum sulfide?

Organikz

Organikz

Sulfuric acid is formed naturally by the oxidation of sulfide minerals, such as iron sulfide. The resulting water can be highly acidic and is called acid mine drainage (AMD) or acid rock drainage (ARD). This acidic water is capable of dissolving metals present in sulfide ores, which results in brightly colored, toxic streams. The oxidation of pyrite (iron sulfide) by molecular oxygen produces iron(II), or Fe2+

Dude there are a lot of ionic exchanges going on in soil...including the presence of sulfuric acid.

P

PharmHand

Sulfuric acid is formed naturally by the oxidation of sulfide minerals, such as iron sulfide. The resulting water can be highly acidic and is called acid mine drainage (AMD) or acid rock drainage (ARD). This acidic water is capable of dissolving metals present in sulfide ores, which results in brightly colored, toxic streams. The oxidation of pyrite (iron sulfide) by molecular oxygen produces iron(II), or Fe2+

Dude there are a lot of ionic exchanges going on in soil...including the presence of sulfuric acid.
Yes I'm aware. I just don't see anything to support what you were saying. All good, I'll move on.... Peace

brazel

brazel

Here's my big question...how do u flush ammonium and magnesium and heavy metals with water?
You know how you can magnetize a screwdriver tip? I do the same to the water, then I add anti ammonium and do some David Blaine type shit and make magnesium disappear! It's pretty easy!
Or cut the top of the plant off so water flows through and flushes out everything!
You wanna know how I handle CEC!?

brazel

brazel

I try to eat mostly organic to avoid things like pesticides, herbicides gmos etc... So naturally I'd wanna smoke organic too.... But from what I've researched organically grown herb will generally have higher amounts of heavy metals and minerals than herb grown with a quality blend of select salts. When you're eating fruits and vegetables it's beneficial for them to have higher mineral and vitamin content but when you're smoking it that's probably not a good thing. If you're using things like rock phosphate or kelp you're inadvertently adding heavy metals like arsenic,chromium and lead and even radioactive elements like strontium and cesium( kelp). You plant in rich fertile soil it's pretty difficult to leach any nutrients out nearing harvest and most amendments are slow release so timing their effective release would be really difficult. What's in the roots almost certainly ends up in the shoots. So from that perspective one might be better off with salts and known clean organic fast release amendments for bud that is to be smoked?
No rock phos, organic kelp don't have heavy metals. I use north Atlantic kelp. I don't heavily amended. Compost, EWC, CSPM, bio char, pumice, kelp, neem meal, basalt, crustacean meal, malted barley powder.

No reason to leach out nutes, your plant ain't gonna apply mad nutes at the end of its life cycle. They regulate nutrient uptake. Most toxicity is cause deficiency of another. Get yo soil right

Commercial organic food isn't that great. nor do they have higher mineral and vitamin content.

Local small growers and grown yourself I believe is the way to go!

IMO

brazel

brazel

who shall remane nameless
What if that is his name? Bong

This is my homie, his name is...who shall remane nameless!

That's one long weird name... but it's cool, I have a friend named... he doesn't understand names!

Ahaha someone is puffing

brazel

brazel

Care to elaborate? Anything to support what you say? Very interested, never heard feeding gypsum specifically would do that. Providing adequate calcium helps reduce heavy metal uptake from what I read but not that gypsum is superior at it.
Gypsum is not a good calcium? I'm probably reading this wrong?

Edit.. heavy metal uptake, not worried about that. I can't speak for everyone

brazel

brazel

Yes I'm aware. I just don't see anything to support what you were saying. All good, I'll move on.... Peace
Hell no, moving on is settling!
I love shit like this!
I'm tuned in and wanna learn!
Edit...
Even things you know you might learn another degree!
Or at least in my case

I thought I knew about sexting plants, turns out you can start from seed on 12/12 then flip to veg when their sexed

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hell no, moving on is settling!
I love shit like this!
I'm tuned in and wanna learn!
Edit...
Even things you know you might learn another degree!
Or at least in my case

I thought I knew about sexting plants, turns out you can start from seed on 12/12 then flip to veg when their sexed
Science

P

PharmHand

No rock phos, organic kelp don't have heavy metals. I use north Atlantic kelp. I don't heavily amended. Compost, EWC, CSPM, bio char, pumice, kelp, neem meal, basalt, crustacean meal, malted barley powder.

No reason to leach out nutes, your plant ain't gonna apply mad nutes at the end of its life cycle. They regulate nutrient uptake. Most toxicity is cause deficiency of another. Get yo soil right

Commercial organic food isn't that great. nor do they have higher mineral and vitamin content.

Local small growers and grown yourself I believe is the way to go!

IMO
It's mostly the pesticides n herbicides I'm trying to avoid.... I live in a rural farming area and know a few organic produce and dairy/ free range cattle farmers. They are nothing like the grain fed feedlot or gmo corn farmers, very different outlook on life, and passionate about what they do. And most stuff from the ocean including kelp has heavy metals and even radioactive elements

brazel

brazel

It's mostly the pesticides n herbicides I'm trying to avoid.... I live in a rural farming area and know a few organic produce and dairy/ free range cattle farmers. They are nothing like the grain fed feedlot or gmo corn farmers, very different outlook on life, and passionate about what they do. And most stuff from the ocean including kelp has heavy metals and even radioactive elements

Rad man passionate key word
Cheers

incogneato

incogneato

Good to know!
I didn't know that!,
I also don't think I've seen these but in pics!
I'm my area I definitely seen orange packs, an iridescent kinda pack and a white pack. Oh and king size. I buy elements or raw but if needed I'll use anything that works!
Iridescent is ultra thin. I get those if i cant get raws.
The toilet... you just shove it in the bowl and flush 47 times.... 45 times wont clean the roots enough
Thanks, stopped at 45. Would 53.5 be better?
No fun in that

F

Fiorente1

Leaching is just plain water for last couple weeks leaching nutrients.... flush is when you take it to the bath tub and pour gallons of water through it
Yes i have flushed in bayhtub seemed volumis organic and dakj water was noticably

Top Bottom