Flushing! Let's Chit Chat

• Thread starter brazel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fiorente1

View attachment 770164
She was green until about 55 days,orgnic soil so nothing but water.but on day 55 I gave 15ml hybrix (molas) and 10ml humic acid into a gal of ro and from that day on I made sure I water until there is runoff.temps remain the same 72f night 80f day
Flushing is a weed site term very loosely lol.
Im using coconut fibre and used sone grow phase chem now use Biocanna Bio Flores when to stop feeding now at 1st of 6 week flowering phase

Organikz

Organikz

@PharmHand
Have you seen sulfuric acid react? Like even in the movies they know that when anything is introduced to sulfuric acid it is turned to gas instantly. This is how highly caustic acids work my friend. You ever notice all the smoke...thats vaporization via sulfuric acid.

H2SO4
> look at the chemical formula alone...all of these components are highly polar. And....theres oxygen to finish it off! Lots of free ions at that ehhh? Learn the individual elements and how they react and you will know what something is by looking at the chemical formula. For instance hydrogen and oxygen are the 2 chemicals that dedicate their time to destruction if not stabil (radicals). If you ever see free oxygen it will more than likely have a reaction when introduced. This is how an ozone generator works. The free oxygen attaches to a smell and poof...oxidized...gone...

Water alone causes rust right? Rust is iron oxide. So that's telling you that the oxygen and hydrogen in water alone have caustic qualities.

For instance anything ending in hydroxide will melt your face. Sodium hydroxide...active ingredient in liquid plumber.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

funny thing is the huge scare behind exposure to heavy metals is ridiculous. We are exposed to radiation on a daily basis. Being in the sun for 500 hours is equal to holding a pinhead sized piece of plutonium in your pocket...lead...i'll crush that up and put it on my cereal. at least 50% of water supplies in the united states are lead pipe. Most poisoning is caused when chemical reactions are taking place using these materials. For instance mad hatter came from hatters using mercury based chemicals to procure hats.

guymandude

guymandude

funny thing is the huge scare behind exposure to heavy metals is ridiculous. We are exposed to radiation on a daily basis. Being in the sun for 500 hours is equal to holding a pinhead sized piece of plutonium in your pocket...lead...i'll crush that up and put it on my cereal. at least 50% of water supplies in the united states are lead pipe. Most poisoning is caused when chemical reactions are taking place using these materials. For instance mad hatter came from hatters using mercury based chemicals to procure hats.

agreed. The uNiversityof Mississippi did a study in the early 2000's on this. Most heavy metal presence in nutrients is tied to the Phosphorus used in the nutrients. It doesn't come clean out of the earth - usually has a lot of metals attached to it. If you use a Nutrient company that uses pharmaceutical grade phosphorus, the heavy metal presence in the nutrients will be far below any kind of dangerous levels.

guymandude

guymandude

WOW, so much talk. Hmmm.

I flush/ leach, whatever you call it, for at least 3 days.

Stuff smokes smoother.

Enough said.

and yes, an indoor grower should be flushing their pots unless they grow in organic dirt. Then there's no real way to flush the nutrients out of the substrate and let the plant eat it's stored nutrients in the fan leaves.

Organikz

Organikz

and yes, an indoor grower should be flushing their pots unless they grow in organic dirt. Then there's no real way to flush the nutrients out of the substrate and let the plant eat it's stored nutrients in the fan leaves.
As far as nitrogen. Plants such as cannabis who have a symbiotic relationship with nitrogen fixing bacteria. There is a more complexed word to nitrogen fixation. Biological nitrification inhibitors dropped through exudates. Mulch also acts as a BNI. This suppresses the conversion of nitrite to nitrate unless the plant needs it.

By this process noxious no3 release and leaching do not occur.

Figure 1 Schematic representation of the biological nitrification inhibition BNI
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Ever grew bud that smelled like new shoes, or tennis balls? And tasted the same way? Bet you think "flushing is a myth".

Weed ain't suppossed to smell like that. IMO most cannabis nutes are not flushable at even half dose. Meaning they leave their mark on the end product. Smelling like toothpaste and calling it "gas" lol...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Before we had PPM pens, we would flush until a plucked fan leaf's juices tasted neutral instead of bitter when you tasted it..I have Floraclean on hand in case I need to flush faster (we usually flush for 2 weeks).

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Matter of fact there are terpenes that smell like rubber. Did you ever think you ruined a cure because the weed smelled.like fresh cut grass? That's a terpene as well...

I was hesitant to say anything. I know the rubbers, a la diesel, etc, and the burning plastic smells. But this is different.. Entire dispensaries, every strain: shoe factory. Never smelled nothing like it in decades of soil grown weed.

Wait til you walk into a dispensary where every strain smells like a Chinese factory.. Not the delicious weed kind of plastic, but tastes like smoking milk jugs and tennis balls, screws your throat up, very easy to tell with vape this shit is not terps.. Half the dispos have their own little plastic signature indicating which nutes they used. You can easily match them up. Smelling like Rubbermaid tubs..

The last GG i grew was nothing but rubber,loved it. Cuz it's a real weed smell. The nasty shit in dispos? Definitely from synthetic nutes. Disgusting plastic. Green Crack, Cherry Pie, Blue Dream, all plastic smelling and youd know it ain't weed you're sniffing right away, terpless bullshit with one single plastic note. Come to Az i can point you to entire dispensaries of plastic. 30 years of soil growers and there's only one plastic and one rubber smell I've smoked, nothing like the tennis balls some talk about.. Like weird skunky bubblegum and edible wonka shoe soles, yes. Nasty chemical unedible Chinese knockoff Tennis ball fumes? That's unflushed hydro.. Botanicare is the worst. I'm sensitive enough to know natural from contaminant, even if I hadn't been doing this so long. One gives you cotton mouth, the other makes your mouth water up cuz of the puke reflex.

Last edited:
Polar510

Polar510

Top Bottom