Growing Some Monsters (outdoor Scrog)

• Thread starter Greatlakes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I do hope you weren’t thinking I am trying to get you to use neem, you clearly have a regiment that works wonders; don’t change anything you do. I was simply putting in my 2 cents on the question 123grow asked.

But since we are on the topic, I don’t think you have to worrying about your micro-beasties with neem. While most fungicides are going to have some effect on soil fungus, a healthy soil will easily recover from any fungicide and have no ill effect on your plants results. Neem may be even safer than most other fungicides and have little to no effect on those soil microbes. It is the oil itself that does most of the work, putting up physical barriers insects and fungus have a difficult time penetrating. Yes the active compound azadirachtin found within neem will have some level of effect on fungus, it does tend to effect insects more. Other fungicides will absolutely raise the pH of the leaf surface making it a hostile environment for most fugal spores to take hold; I do not believe the increase in pH is as drastic with neem as it is with other fungicides. Given that you expressed concern over the antifungal properties of the neem effecting the micro life of the soil you may want to keep in mind the addition of baking soda to increase alkalinity will also negatively effect the soil microbes. Given that fungus tends to thrive in more acidic ranges, by adding alkalinity to your soil with the addition of baking soda you are creating a slightly more uncomfortable environment for the soil fungus using that method as well.

I am not suggesting you change anything you are doing, clearly you have an effective method down; I have certainly learned a few things from this thread and your grow. I just felt the desire to share a bit of info that was rattling around in the old noggin.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Plants are looking great !
Thanks! They are finally frosting up too
20180905 093042

P

Player0685

Looking super frosty already GL. Lots of interest in your practise of spraying with silica to help combat mold eh! Can't wait to see the final nugz you grow this year be magazine quality for pics and connoisseur quality smoke I'd be guessing girl.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Here is
Looking super frosty already GL. Lots of interest in your practise of spraying with silica to help combat mold eh! Can't wait to see the final nugz you grow this year be magazine quality for pics and connoisseur quality smoke I'd be guessing girl.

I was in the hospital recently and was down and out for almost 2 weeks. During that time it was soo rainy. Walking to the garden, every plant I went past was loaded with black spot.
Needless to say a couple of my plants got it... This time I added some baking soda to the silica to really boost the alkalinity ..stopped the spot right in its tracks.

The only thing I think I will do differently next yr is right before we get our fall rains I'm going to spray some em-1 on the leaves.

Here you can see the weeds around the box are just loaded (I don't spray them of course)
But just a few spots on my leaves. Nothing major.
20180911 092452
And thanks btw. ...I hope they turn out nice :)

P

Player0685

Here is

I was in the hospital recently and was down and out for almost 2 weeks. During that time it was soo rainy. Walking to the garden, every plant I went past was loaded with black spot.
Needless to say a couple of my plants got it... This time I added some baking soda to the silica to really boost the alkalinity ..stopped the spot right in its tracks.

The only thing I think I will do differently next yr is right before we get our fall rains I'm going to spray some em-1 on the leaves.

Here you can see the weeds around the box are just loaded (I don't spray them of course)
But just a few spots on my leaves. Nothing major. View attachment 829104And thanks btw. ...I hope they turn out nice :)
Yeah I found a very small chunk of bud rot this morning. Our temps here are nuts two days of frost already! I'm trying to put together covering my girls but I'm concerned that the roots may just freeze up on me in early Oct kind of ruining all my shit! Sorry to hear you were the hospital took u out of game for couple weeks back up and running most important thing!! This is one cherry bomb

IMG 1768
P

Player0685

Yeah I found a very small chunk of bud rot this morning. Our temps here are nuts two days of frost already! I'm trying to put together covering my girls but I'm concerned that the roots may just freeze up on me in early Oct kind of ruining all my shit! Sorry to hear you were the hospital took u out of game for couple weeks back up and running most important thing!! This is one cherry bomb
And that plant is about 6.5' tall and 10+' wide just beautiful plants its probably the smaller of those three bombs

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Heya GL, sorry to hear about the health problems, I know how you feel. Hopefully you had some time to recover and are back up to speed.

It’s been damn rainy by me too, but I have no plants going at the moment so I have no worries about that. But you may want to consider spraying the weeds with whatever you hit your plants with to avoid molds. You don’t want to harbor a vector for fungus. Here’s to hoping the rain ends soon and you don’t have to worry about mold the same way.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Heya GL, sorry to hear about the health problems, I know how you feel. Hopefully you had some time to recover and are back up to speed.

It’s been damn rainy by me too, but I have no plants going at the moment so I have no worries about that. But you may want to consider spraying the weeds with whatever you hit your plants with to avoid molds. You don’t want to harbor a vector for fungus. Here’s to hoping the rain ends soon and you don’t have to worry about mold the same way.
Hi there! I am fine now thanks! Just had a gallbladder surgery and then they had to go back in because they left stones in the ducts. All good now :)
Yeah I just started spraying the weeds... we have had really good weather now tho so that is good :)

Top Bottom