Growing Some Monsters (outdoor Scrog)

• Thread starter Greatlakes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Better sharpen your chainsaw teeth lol
Lol I have some plans for the stalks and some stems....
Usually I carve with maple and apple wood to make these but this yr for a few close friends I'm going to make a few out the stalks and stems ;)
Heck..even I'm excited to see how they will turn out.
20180719 094506

123grow

Lol... I don't particularly like bugs, but as long as they are on the plant on not me, I do okay! Now when trimming comes that is a different story because there are tons of spiders in each plant lol
And thanks! Yeah they did do pretty well this yr! And as long as I get 3 1/2 each..I will be more then happy!
How's things going your way?
Ewww bugs... lol ~ Ok so Anything Over 3 1/2 then I get! lmao just kidding.. But hell yeah there's More than 3 1/2 each plant!! Things are going good over my way, thanks for asking. I think were back on track finally and the fires appear to be more under control since it hasn't been as smoky. Now fingers crossed for a successful harvest in October. ~ Question.. How long do You use the silica? Thanks, Julie

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Ewww bugs... lol ~ Ok so Anything Over 3 1/2 then I get! lmao just kidding.. But hell yeah there's More than 3 1/2 each plant!! Things are going good over my way, thanks for asking. I think were back on track finally and the fires appear to be more under control since it hasn't been as smoky. Now fingers crossed for a successful harvest in October. ~ Question.. How long do You use the silica? Thanks, Julie
Lmao... ;)
Glad things are better and okay! I was worried about everyone over there!

I will be using the silica for foliar up to 6 weeks. We get a lot of rain here so I'm using the silica as a rot preventative.
I will continue to use the silica as a root drench til harvest but only sparingly. (One of my plants I'm going to use the same strength to see if there is a difference in taste like everyone says)

What I have noticed by adding it to my garden is my leaves are much thicker and more durable. They are greener too and I think that is due to the better uptake of nutrients from the soil.
I do have way less leaf munching and the plants over all just look impressive and healthy.
Especially because I use manure instead of soil with sand in it.... I feel that adding silica is very important.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

@Greatlakes: your plants look amazing. You are absolutely correct to,assume that silica is making all the difference in your plants. I knew the benefits to the cell walls of the plants with the addition of silica, but with just a quick google search found that silica is doing so much more in plants. The paper I came across confirms that all the things you are using the silica for are accurate applications. , here is the link to the article I found.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

@Greatlakes: your plants look amazing. You are absolutely correct to,assume that silica is making all the difference in your plants. I knew the benefits to the cell walls of the plants with the addition of silica, but with just a quick google search found that silica is doing so much more in plants. The paper I came across confirms that all the things you are using the silica for are accurate applications. , here is the link to the article I found.
That is an amazing read! Thanks for the share!
I've seen some side by side studies on the root system and over all yield when Si was being used. Just night and day on the difference! I truly wish I had read about it and used it sooner :)

123grow

Green thumb for sure, just amazing!! Have you had to deal with aphids at all? We have some on leaves at one end of the patch and have sprayed 2x's so far with Lost Coast Plant Therapy and last night I noticed small aphids and when provoked it moved.. so not dead. I read about aphids and it says to use Neem Oil. Whats your thought on using it? (The Chem Dawg plants are where Ive noticed the issue and Not far a long flowering so I would like to hit them kinda hard to knock the problem out.) Then the rest of the plants keep hitting with Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Any suggestions?? Thanks~ Julie

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Green thumb for sure, just amazing!! Have you had to deal with aphids at all? We have some on leaves at one end of the patch and have sprayed 2x's so far with Lost Coast Plant Therapy and last night I noticed small aphids and when provoked it moved.. so not dead. I read about aphids and it says to use Neem Oil. Whats your thought on using it? (The Chem Dawg plants are where Ive noticed the issue and Not far a long flowering so I would like to hit them kinda hard to knock the problem out.) Then the rest of the plants keep hitting with Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Any suggestions?? Thanks~ Julie
Darlin...One thing you will learn about me is I'm very PREVENTATIVE AND REFUSE TO USE CHEMICALS UNLESS IT'S MITES. :)

I released thousands of ladybugs in the garden a month and a half ago. Now there are all stages of ladybugs and little to no aphids (which is our biggest pest here)

Leaf and sap munchers/suckered are normal and expected. Best defense is a good offense in my opinion and ladybugs and the amazing assortment of spiders and preying mantis keeps everything truly at bay.

P.s. even if it's organic I almost refuse to reach for fungicides or pesticides. Just in case anyone who may have cancer or other issues gets a hold of my smoke, i want them to have the purest buds. (Sorry for the long answer)

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

P.s.s. thanks btw... I get my green thumb from my mother (if only she knew what I would use my talent for......lmfao)

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

GL, I hope you don’t mind but may I weigh in on the question of neem oil? Personally I am a fan, particularly in an organic garden. Neem is quite safe for human consumption granted it’s not in large doses. In fact before toothbrushes neem branches were used as a mean shirt of cleaning ones teeth. Yes, smoking is different than ingesting. To this end, it typically will leave no remnants on the plants after roughly two weeks, leaving a product low in any impurities. So in my opinion it’s alright to use neem early into flower, I would just not apply within 4 weeks of harvest (though applying even up to 2 or 3 weeks before harvest is safe).

123, the other thought I had is to apply silica as GL does. It will strengthen the cell walls of your plants making it tougher for the aphids to feed as well as boosting the immune response of your plants. I would suggest taking a quick look at the article I posted earlier in this thread about silica, it surprised me how much of a benefit that one element can be.

Oh, and GL those babies are stacking quickly, you are going to have a monster harvest. Let me know if you need any help trimming. With all that bud it may take days.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

GL, I hope you don’t mind but may I weigh in on the question of neem oil? Personally I am a fan, particularly in an organic garden. Neem is quite safe for human consumption granted it’s not in large doses. In fact before toothbrushes neem branches were used as a mean shirt of cleaning ones teeth. Yes, smoking is different than ingesting. To this end, it typically will leave no remnants on the plants after roughly two weeks, leaving a product low in any impurities. So in my opinion it’s alright to use neem early into flower, I would just not apply within 4 weeks of harvest (though applying even up to 2 or 3 weeks before harvest is safe).

123, the other thought I had is to apply silica as GL does. It will strengthen the cell walls of your plants making it tougher for the aphids to feed as well as boosting the immune response of your plants. I would suggest taking a quick look at the article I posted earlier in this thread about silica, it surprised me how much of a benefit that one element can be.

Oh, and GL those babies are stacking quickly, you are going to have a monster harvest. Let me know if you need any help trimming. With all that bud it may take days.
Need is an amazing oil and I personally have no issues with it, but I just don't use anything.
I almost bought some at one point but I didn't want the oil getting on my soil and killing any of my micro beasties. I know people are in debate about that but.... it's an anti fungal so I don't want it anywhere near my healthy fungus.

Silica I do use. Second most common element on earth. I use this to feed the plant but it serves many purposes.
I sometimes even go as far as putting a little baking soda in with my silica when I spray to really boost the alkalinity of the solution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom