Hydro-Fungicide Questions. (Lost, Dizzle)

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

Hydro-Fungicide Questions & Answers.

If you come across information on this product, please post it in this thread(copy/paste if from another site.)

I spent the last hour trying to find doubled's exact dosage and schedule, there are so many threads to read through, cant seem to find the info.

Somethings I was wondering, does the hydro fungicide effect roots excelurator?

Exact dose for MPB systems, and frequency of doses?

Anyones experience with this product?

Thanks guys

E

edux10

did you find the nute schedule at least? its stickied at the top

M

MediMary

:wondering Yeah, of course I did, how could I miss that?

I am pretty sure the hydrofungicide isnt even disscussed in that thread, except for a question which nobody answered on the last page.

M

mrdizzle

I havent gotten mine in the mail yet but its 1-2ml per 2liter,

M

mrdizzle

home grown hydroponics of Canada sells it but its called hydro-sprakle now

M

MediMary

thanks dizzle..so dd's runs this in the system at all times? what about the aeration of the reservoir, should I not worry about that?

how do you feel bout running bleach in the reservoir did it help any of your problems.. are you still running it?

am I mistaken that roots excel is a bennie?

M

mrdizzle

yep he runs it the entire time, I believe its saying while dosing, turn off the aeration, I think its to stop it from bubbling, maybe I will call the company tomorrow

bleach, its hard to say if it helped, I have had nasty roots for almost 3.5wks and no rot yet, so its successful at stoping the rot but it takes a higher level of chlorine ppm to kill brown alage

no one really seems to know whats in roots excel, a lot of people run it with products like sm-90 or zone which would kill benies, and still get great roots, hard to say if its rootz excel or DWC

M

MediMary

have u been having algae problems/was it you or easy that had the issues with the top drip, roots drying out, then getting wet again?

Im looking forward to seeing how the hydro fungicide works for you.

M

mrdizzle

it was me, I killed that crop due to time issuse I just started fresh, I now only run top feed once a day until the roots a decent amount of roots come out the bottom into the water, then I cut it and I dont have to worry about anything getting too wet

B

bakershredhead

Hey Mary I was using the fungicide with all my nutes continously but than I was reading the directions and it says weekly use and to only use it continously if you have a dirty res. I just use it as you would say h202 for flushing. I just use it at the recommended dosage when I do my weekly or really ten day flush.

M

mrdizzle

^^really? Thats not what my instructions say, it says add weekly and add to top up water throughout the entire grow

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
no one really seems to know whats in roots excel, a lot of people run it with products like sm-90 or zone which would kill benies, and still get great roots, hard to say if its rootz excel or DWC

SM90 doesnt kill Benies

M

MediMary

do you have a link or a statement from the manufacturer?
I even have a bunch of sm90, but I thought it killed benies

B

bakershredhead

Huh dizzle I look again. That's what I was doing the last run. I was adding it to the res with everything else. It also says do not use with any other root stimulators, etc. I thought it said to use on a weekly basis or if you have a problem to use it more often. I interpreted it as use it weekly meaning use it once a week. I don't know if this is correct but who knows.

B

bakershredhead

Ya dizzle just looked again at the instructions it says use weekly but if you have a problem than to use the same dosage daily. So I assuming for preventative just use it once a week.

M

mrdizzle

yea thats what mine says, one weekly dose, but if you add more water to the system, lets say you add back 30 gals of water, then add 30-60ml to keep the levels at the dose rate. It does say if you have a problem then add daily until it clears up

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
do you have a link or a statement from the manufacturer?
I even have a bunch of sm90, but I thought it killed benies

^ Yea dizzle at first I read that over at IC. Being a long time SM90 user. Thought It wasnt really doing anything but my rezs were alot cleaner using it. I emailed them to double check. One thing about being an effective bug spray is total horseshit.

Medimary do a search, read, call or email them yourself. All of these questions can be solved with one simple email instead of asking me to prove it to you.
:doh

M

MediMary

I did email them, they have not responded...

Included email bellow

"I would like more detailed information on the product and how it
interacts with microbes, both good and bad.
There seems to be lots of conflicting information about your product,
and even those who swear by it, are not really sure of its effect on
beneficial microbes in a hydroponic reservoir.
On sites that sell sm90 it is advertised as ""Effective treatment for
root disease from ascomycetes pathogens including fusarium, pythium,
rhizoctonia, phytopthera, sclerotinia, etc.""

Can you better explain the mode of action, and how SM-90 is an
effective treatment for root diseases, does it destroy non beneficial
microbes?

If SM-90 does effect microbial life, does SM-90 kill beneficial
microbes and non beneficial microbes together?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom