If you really want to grow True Organic Marijauna

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I bought this book from Amazon a few weeks ago; let me say that it has a road map for growing Marijuana the TLO way or True Living Organics way. I have read the whole book & found it to pretty much be straight forward on everything from making your own TLO soils to feeding TLO Tea’s. I first read about this book in Skunk Magazine, the author is the Rev he’s a writer for that mag & seems to know his shit when it comes to grow Organic Marijuana. As a lot of you know on this board I’m growing right now with Heavy 16 + Aptus + Caps teas, so caps teas & my soil mix I use is as close to organic as I get right now but later when I can build a larger facility I plan to use this book and try a few runs of True TLO. I read a lot of people trying to find info on growing organic and thought this book might help some you guys/gals on the Farm.
If you really want to grow true organic marijauna
If you really want to grow true organic marijauna 2

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Honestly, I personally feel it's a bit gimmicky, but if it gets more people growing organically then that's the goal in my world, so it's all good. I also don't feel one must stay married to this whole 'veganics' thing because it's got little basis in fact, is more like.. PETA for plants to me.

I'm glad you're gonna try or retry the organic route. :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I don't know about veganic or pETA this book talks about using bat guanos bonemeal and blood meal ... What part is PETA or veganic? Any whoo I agree about the gimmicky my main disappointment was in the beginning of the book he says its advanced and should have basics covered before reading and I did then read the book and learned new stuff on one page only the do not use list for keeping bennies alive other than that the rev covered in skunk magazine rev also stated how different he is about money making so my expectations were high for this book and I was overall a lil disappointed in the book... Hopefully next Rev book isn't mostly published in Skunk...reminds me of double dipping or regurgitated info... I think I've learned more from rev in Skunk subscription then TLo book... Just two sense based on opening of book... As far as being a beginner Gardner this book is not too advanced at all in my opinion.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The concept of veganics is much like PETA's arguments against keeping pets in my mind, the arguments that people who practice this have sounded much like arguments for being vegan (I can't eat anything with a face! Oh, really? Ever have tuna collar?). Extending the concept and practices of veganics to, for example, raising dogs, is... ridiculous, again, personal opinion. The Total Living Organics thing is a marriage of concepts, and again, for me, as long as someone is willing to try organic, whether or not they do 'veganics,' a goal is achieved, so the other stuff is really just quibbling over concepts. But hey, isn't that one of the things stoners like to do?

Now, if someone's gonna do veganics because it's basically free (depending on how it's practiced) then that makes sense to me. But, ruling out animal-based products makes zero sense in my head, it makes as much sense as declaring that humans are not natural or part of the natural sequence of things, because hey look! here we are.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

My TLO tea only thing I do different after reading book is brewing all liquid ingredients (other than molasses) first for a day then dry amendments (plus molasses)

datDANK

datDANK

veganics uses no animal products only 100% plant derived products. this book uses animal products.... I wonder how big the difference is?? I'd like to see a side by side of 1 strain.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Exactly! Worm castings *are* animal products, but the I don't know anyone whose ACT/AACT doesn't have at least a bit of worm castings. Other poops, too, right? Guanos, horse and other manures, all of it, IIRC. What harm comes the animal when we use its poo, really? What about the microbes we're 'harnessing' to 'work' for us?

But, if it's about making fermented plant juices, teas made with same, stuff that you find around you aplenty, for money and whatever-saving, then that makes sense to me and it doesn't disallow for the other stuff like using worm castings, etc.

Nice tea, but when do you add the molasses? I always leave a little dab for me. ;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

After reading the book I add molasses a day before use wether it's a two day or three day brew... And I don't use blood meal or boNe meal or feather meal or anything like that if I were to try it it would be brewed then filtered;^)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can make a tea using almost anything. But a good compost tea begins with worm castings. Otherwise, it's some other kind of tea (kelp tea, alfalfa tea, whatever-kind-of-plant-you're-using tea). There should be no bacteria in molasses, either, but it does feed primarily bacteria. We're after more than just bacteria, though, right?

I generally don't make teas with any kind of animal poop, but I do make worm casting teas that are quite effective, and I use the animal manure as top dressings or amendments.

The question for me begins with the goal and reasoning behind it. If the goal is to be/become organic, then again, I personally don't care how you arrive there. In other words, I think it should be OK to use animal poop.

drbombay

drbombay

oddly kyle kushman considers earth worms' casting as ok in his veganics. the complaint i have heard echoed for animal wastes is more about heavy metal chelates and drug/feed residues. not sure i myself have an opinion; i have noticed i am picky as to whose chicken and horse i compost. it all is recycling and really the microbes do most of the work. 2cents

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I hear ya what's funny is many people just don't know what's in there feed or can't separate medicine a and other treatments out of the manure

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Like chicken poop I got resources for that but I don't want all the de wormer and corona and other chemicals used for treatments and his feed is all gmo and I'm sure it's all full of pesticide and insectide god knows what else

K

kushsmoker30

You can make a tea using almost anything. But a good compost tea begins with worm castings. Otherwise, it's some other kind of tea (kelp tea, alfalfa tea, whatever-kind-of-plant-you're-using tea). There should be no bacteria in molasses, either, but it does feed primarily bacteria. We're after more than just bacteria, though, right?

I generally don't make teas with any kind of animal poop, but I do make worm casting teas that are quite effective, and I use the animal manure as top dressings or amendments.

The question for me begins with the goal and reasoning behind it. If the goal is to be/become organic, then again, I personally don't care how you arrive there. In other words, I think it should be OK to use animal poop.

hope this not a dumb?, can animal manure be used to top dress coco n what kind of animal?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I bought this book from Amazon a few weeks ago; let me say that it has a road map for growing Marijuana the TLO way or True Living Organics way. I have read the whole book & found it to pretty much be straight forward on everything from making your own TLO soils to feeding TLO Tea’s. I first read about this book in Skunk Magazine, the author is the Rev he’s a writer for that mag & seems to know his shit when it comes to grow Organic Marijuana. As a lot of you know on this board I’m growing right now with Heavy 16 + Aptus + Caps teas, so caps teas & my soil mix I use is as close to organic as I get right now but later when I can build a larger facility I plan to use this book and try a few runs of True TLO. I read a lot of people trying to find info on growing organic and thought this book might help some you guys/gals on the Farm.View attachment 307501View attachment 307502

and dont forget a tablespoon of bennies!!!:troll:

squiggly

squiggly

You can make a tea using almost anything. But a good compost tea begins with worm castings.

A compost tea begins with compost--which needn't even come into contact with worms at all. It's any biomass that has been broken down by natural processes. Bacteria, fungi, or any other decomposer works perfectly well for this.

There should be no bacteria in molasses, either, but it does feed primarily bacteria.

There is bacteria in/on everything. No exceptions.

Even soap has bacteria on it (had to do an experiment in school where we use a sterile q-tip on random surfaces to see if they have bacteria).

Bacteria is floating through the air all over the place, you're breathing it in right now. If you just add molasses to water, this is the bacteria that will grow (along with anything that was inhabiting the molasses).

PhMe

PhMe

In the book, Rev stated that he uses the MH bulb to flower instead of HPS. rev said he gets better result from using MH bulb during 12/12.

any insights on this?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
In the book, Rev stated that he uses the MH bulb to flower instead of HPS. rev said he gets better result from using MH bulb during 12/12.

any insights on this?

( EYE Blue Metal Halide ) is the bulb that he says is his favorite start to finish bulb. I have thought about trying the Blues for Veg but never thought to use them from Veg-Bud...o_O

Top Bottom