If you really want to grow True Organic Marijauna

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Any one hear want to admit they taste shit in their weed .... Be honest anyone here taste alfalfa or Mexican bat guano or shit even molasses... Let me be the first , I am real careful with Alfafa a few of my phenos don't break it down I mean I think the plant transports it and uses it but I don't think it metabolizes or turns it completely into something different cuz I taste it in the end product in some phenos.... Same goes for chicken shit for some phenos, and last but not least fish shit I f'n guarantee some of my phenos have red lobster or soy sauce taste and I love me some flavorful bud so don't think I mean str8 gross flavor I'm talking about hints of these dry amendments being tasted or sometimes smelt in the burn....
I sure hope not! All my beds are very well amended with alfalfa. Never noted a flavor from molasses or any of the other products I use. I have had an odd... beef flavor from some strains grown indoors when I was using chemical salts. A friend called it beef stroganoff. NOT what I was after!
There is heat involved with black strap molasses?
If my grandfather were still alive I could ask him (he ran the family's sugar plantation for many decades), but I think it's a combination chemical/heating (which technically is a chemical process) process and then another heating comes with bottling/canning. I think, I don't know for sure.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Technically everything is a chemical. Chemicals are used in extractions, and then there are 'chemical' processes like foam fractionation that are simply air being passed through a long column.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I did a great job of finishing that thought up there, didn't I? LMAO!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ty Sky high so have you read anything about bacteria in black strap or better yet I wonder if some bacteria survives the boiling

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Think: jam & preserves. Those are very sweet, have lots of bacteria food. If bacteria survived the canning process it would then proceed to kill us. Molasses (what we use) is only packaged for people to eat, so it must undergo processes to ensure that won't happen.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Think: jam & preserves. Those are very sweet, have lots of bacteria food. If bacteria survived the canning process it would then proceed to kill us. Molasses (what we use) is only packaged for people to eat, so it must undergo processes to ensure that won't happen.

What about the Black Strap is that Heated to ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't understand your question, oscar.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I don't understand your question, oscar.

When they make the Black Strap that they sell in Hydro store, is it also heated to kill everything in it or is there still bacteria left in the Molasses, just wondering I usr Black Strap in all of my ACT Teas with Caps bennies .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know much about anything sold in a hydroponic shop, but I'm fairly certain that heat is part of the sugar crystallization/extraction process from which we also get various byproducts. If you're ever in Puerto Rico or other sugar-producing area with a factory you should see tall 'smoking' stacks, I don't think it's smoke coming out of them, always looked like steam to me. Haven't seen one in operation since I was a little kid, though, but it was white and looked just like clouds. I just know that anything sold for human consumption that is canned and contains anything that's bacteria food either must be heated to a minimum temperature, or acidified to a particular pH, or it cannot be sold for human consumption.

ttystikk

ttystikk

What about the Black Strap is that Heated to ?

If it comes in a glass jar with a sealing lid, that's a pretty good indication that the product was canned via a hot process to pasteurize it. Usually this temp is below boiling (if only just), but hot enough to kill bacteria.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

thats the best photo he could find to use for the cover lol??

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
If it comes in a glass jar with a sealing lid, that's a pretty good indication that the product was canned via a hot process to pasteurize it. Usually this temp is below boiling (if only just), but hot enough to kill bacteria.

It comes in 5 gallon buckets, Oh well its seems to work good in Teas..:)
Black Strap

spacebomb

spacebomb

People should give This ladys Wise words a listen to. Sorry sea, im NOT BLOWING SMOKE UP ANYONES ARSE, BUT SHE KNOWS HER STUFF. IM ASTOUNDED BY HER KNOWLEDGE :-). HEY SEA CAN U HELP ME WITH A BLOOM AND A SEPERATE VEG TEA PLEASE? .IM ORGANIC DONT FORGET:-). IM .FINDING IT REAL HARD TO FIND ALFALFA :( JUST SOMMET SIMPLE :-) PLEASE. THANKS EITHERWAY SEA:-) :-)

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
People should give This ladys Wise words a listen to. Sorry sea, im NOT BLOWING SMOKE UP ANYONES ARSE, BUT SHE KNOWS HER STUFF. IM ASTOUNDED BY HER KNOWLEDGE :). HEY SEA CAN U HELP ME WITH A BLOOM AND A SEPERATE VEG TEA PLEASE? .IM ORGANIC DONT FORGET:). IM .FINDING IT REAL HARD TO FIND ALFALFA :( JUST SOMMET SIMPLE :) PLEASE. THANKS EITHERWAY SEA:) :)

You should be able to find it at local farm stores or grain elevator..;)

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

People should give This ladys Wise words a listen to. Sorry sea, im NOT BLOWING SMOKE UP ANYONES ARSE, BUT SHE KNOWS HER STUFF. IM ASTOUNDED BY HER KNOWLEDGE :-). HEY SEA CAN U HELP ME WITH A BLOOM AND A SEPERATE VEG TEA PLEASE? .IM ORGANIC DONT FORGET:-). IM .FINDING IT REAL HARD TO FIND ALFALFA :( JUST SOMMET SIMPLE :-) PLEASE. THANKS EITHERWAY SEA:-) :-)
Garden centers, dr earths makes one as well. Growmore and epsoma probaly have afalfa meal as well

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I LOVE the Dr. Earth products, SUPER-easy and simple to use, and a good price point, too.

Spacebonb (I think you said it was supposed to be spacebomb, musta typoed?), I don't use separate teas, and I rarely use recipes. I should probably learn more about biodynamics, except I'll get dizzy making all those vortexes.

How about we start with what you CAN find? I'm also beginning to wonder, you mentioned somewhere else that cannabis is illegal in your whole country, which hints that you're not in the U.S. or even North America. So, it may be easier to start with what you can find locally, and then we go from there.

Top Bottom