If you really want to grow True Organic Marijauna

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
germinator

germinator

( EYE Blue Metal Halide ) is the bulb that he says is his favorite start to finish bulb. I have thought about trying the Blues for Veg but never thought to use them from Veg-Bud...o_O
I use a eye blue 400 plus a eye hps 600 side by side in my flower room. Also I think they make starter pots out of cow pies. My 2c

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
and dont forget a tablespoon of bennies!!!:troll:

You know it Bro, I use lots of tablespoons of Bennies in my Teas everyweek, I do the Caps Teas water them in by hand, takes extra time but well worth it.
Caps Bennies are worth every penny !!.....:cool:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I use a eye blue 400 plus a eye hps 600 side by side in my flower room. Also I think they make starter pots out of cow pies. My 2c

You use the Blues start to finish ? Have you seen better results using the Blues Vs HPS in Flower ?

organicozarks

organicozarks

This book is half truths, and voodoo magic. "The Rev" isn't into science all that much. Some of the things he does are based in science, but then he pops out with some "subcool" shit, and fucks it all up.

Veganics is a catchy term to sell products. Veganics by definition can not be vegan. Microbes are alive, and they are what makes compost. Also arthropods, micro-arthropods make compost, and their shit is part of your compost. So maybe you can leave the worms out, but the rest will be there.So no veganics is vegan if you use compost, or worm castings.

Calling this book the way to truly grow organic is a joke at best.

Keep doing your spiked layers people, and the rest of us will grow with science.

7thson

I for one, em not endorsing this book. I don't do layers either.If you look at all the ingredients he puts in his mix,you would think it's hotter then the desert in summer.I for one don't use his mix.

This is what I'm using,
Kis nutrient pack,
15 gal of spaghnum peat (premier), 10 gal of rice hulls and 5 gal compost or EWC. I might make it all equal parts at a rate of 1/3 each.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The KIS folks were involved in the Ingham book. Good people.
hope this not a dumb?, can animal manure be used to top dress coco n what kind of animal?
Not a dumb question at all! Worm castings are the safest manure to use, in all scenarios. Guanos can certainly be used indoors or out, but care must be taken not to use so much that they crust/cake up, because this can lead to mold or fungus and I've seen someone's HUGE GIGANTO outdoors tree be taken out by some sort of infection that came after they topdressed but didn't thoroughly mix it in and allowed caking that went all the way to the main stalk. Sad thing to see. Other manures may be too hot, horse, rabbit, chicken, so should be used judiciously.
A compost tea begins with compost--which needn't even come into contact with worms at all. It's any biomass that has been broken down by natural processes. Bacteria, fungi, or any other decomposer works perfectly well for this.

There is bacteria in/on everything. No exceptions.

Even soap has bacteria on it (had to do an experiment in school where we use a sterile q-tip on random surfaces to see if they have bacteria).

Bacteria is floating through the air all over the place, you're breathing it in right now. If you just add molasses to water, this is the bacteria that will grow (along with anything that was inhabiting the molasses).
I'm not so sure that bottled molasses should have bacteria in it. It should be packaged using a heated process that's similar to canning, so if there's bacteria in it, we're possibly looking at botulism or some other form of food poisoning. Canned foods should be the exception here, and I really think molasses qualifies. I will double-check with my personal food experts, though!

Most folks I know personally who are doing ACTs are using worm castings, not compost, and their goal is to get mycorrhizal fungi and other soil microbes cultured in their teas. However, I don't see that as where the debate with regard to TLO starts. I see it starting with the exclusion of animal products. Ok. What are all these microbes, then? They ain't plants. What are you getting when you make a compost or worm casting tea? A diversity of microbes that could include ciliates, protozoa, bacteria, fungi, amoeba (not so many of those). This isn't to say that compost can't be used, it just seems to be used far less commonly from what I've observed.

And, NONE of this should be taken to discourage someone from trying any method of organic cultivation they like, that's the point I'd really like to emphasize. :)
This book is half truths, and voodoo magic. "The Rev" isn't into science all that much. Some of the things he does are based in science, but then he pops out with some "subcool" shit, and fucks it all up.

Veganics is a catchy term to sell products. Veganics by definition can not be vegan. Microbes are alive, and they are what makes compost. Also arthropods, micro-arthropods make compost, and their shit is part of your compost. So maybe you can leave the worms out, but the rest will be there.So no veganics is vegan if you use compost, or worm castings.

Calling this book the way to truly grow organic is a joke at best.

Keep doing your spiked layers people, and the rest of us will grow with science.
This actually reminds me about a question I've wanted to ask for the people doing no-till in pots and how that equates, or doesn't, to doing exactly that--spikes and layers. Does it? Or is there a turnover or something bringing what's laid down on the surface into the rest of the soil below?

I still think that if this book gets people to at least try growing organically, that's a good thing.

organicozarks

organicozarks

As far as no til goes it is the opposite of spikes as the spiked layer in no til would be on the surface, and the "lighter" soil is on the bottom. In Rev's, and subcool's "Science Free" growing the spikes are the lower part of the pot. Now there are variations of this, but a plant can only take what a plant can take so adding a hot layer does not force a plant to consume more food. Only the plant can control that. Not you. Unless you circumvent the entire process, and go with chemical fertilizers. Other than that the rhizosphere wants what the rhizosphere wants.

More microbes=more nutrient cycling=more available nutes to the plant, but again you can lead a horse to water, BUT.......

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
As far as no til goes it is the opposite of spikes as the spiked layer in no til would be on the surface, and the "lighter" soil is on the bottom. In Rev's, and subcool's "Science Free" growing the spikes are the lower part of the pot. Now there are variations of this, but a plant can only take what a plant can take so adding a hot layer does not force a plant to consume more food. Only the plant can control that. Not you. Unless you circumvent the entire process, and go with chemical fertilizers. Other than that the rhizosphere wants what the rhizosphere wants.

More microbes=more nutrient cycling=more available nutes to the plant, but again you can lead a horse to water, BUT.......

true true true!!! PLus the soil holds all that shit anyway and releases it in to the soil solution (water) as the plant requires it via ion exchange right? For example, you could have 60ppm P in the soil, but only 5ppm will be available to the plant in solution. This is why over fertilizing makes no sense.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks for sharing this oscar. I have not read this book.

I am a bit put-off about the authors recipe for tea that involves guano and oyster shell. According to my research, guano and oyster shell do better as soil amendments. In addition, oyster shell takes so long to break down in the soil, I add it to help my next crop, not the current one. If anyone has information contradicting that, I would like to hear it.

I have found this as my go to guide for organic growing.
http://teamingwithmicrobes.com/home/

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Any one hear want to admit they taste shit in their weed .... Be honest anyone here taste alfalfa or Mexican bat guano or shit even molasses... Let me be the first , I am real careful with Alfafa a few of my phenos don't break it down I mean I think the plant transports it and uses it but I don't think it metabolizes or turns it completely into something different cuz I taste it in the end product in some phenos.... Same goes for chicken shit for some phenos, and last but not least fish shit I f'n guarantee some of my phenos have red lobster or soy sauce taste and I love me some flavorful bud so don't think I mean str8 gross flavor I'm talking about hints of these dry amendments being tasted or sometimes smelt in the burn....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

This is why if I have to use some of these dominant dry amendments its only in early Veg!

germinator

germinator

You use the Blues start to finish ? Have you seen better results using the Blues Vs HPS in Flower ?
Dont know....Never flowered any other way.....eye 400 mh 600 eye hps..love the results... ...did my buddies mh 1000/1000 hps....what could be bad about a fuller light spectrum while flowering.

squiggly

squiggly

I'm not so sure that bottled molasses should have bacteria in it. It should be packaged using a heated process that's similar to canning, so if there's bacteria in it, we're possibly looking at botulism or some other form of food poisoning. Canned foods should be the exception here, and I really think molasses qualifies. I will double-check with my personal food experts, though!

True that, but as soon as you open the dang thing (assuming you don't use it all in one go)--all of a sudden you've got a bunch of bacteria going in there.

Top Bottom