INDOOR - OUTDOOR: the most efficient cash crop.

• Thread starter Supercharge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Supercharge

Supercharge

For those who want a decent cash crop but have limited indoor space or worried about a large power bill, the indoor-outdoor growing method wins, hands down. IMO its the best guerrilla growing method there is. You don’t need to be living out in the sticks to do this, can be in your back yard, roof top, courtyard or balcony. The technique is very simple and has been written about many times. For people new to it I’ll only recap as there are many others on this site with far greater expertise than mine. And will describe my set up.

Indoor-outdoor is combining the 18hr growth period of indoor systems and sunlight for the flowering periods. You only really want to do this with indica or indica/sativa crosses but I have had limited success with pure sativas.

Essentially the technique exploits cannabis’s annual reproductive cycle. Growing the plants under 18hrs and then putting them in the sun will immediately turn them. Actually, they won’t turn as quickly if you do this during the summer but your crop will be more bumper. In either case, this ensures a steady supply of weed all year round. Because it gets quite cold where I live during the winter the plants finish in just 6 weeks outside and the yield is about half to that of summer, which can take them as long as 9.5 weeks to finish.

I grow AK-47 crossed with an unknown but particularly heavy indica, a strain I have known and loved for many years now. 2-3 plants go out every week and they are small somewhat gangly looking youths about 18” tall with 4-6 main branches. I tip very early on just after the cuttings have got started.

Grow room is a simple 10’x10’ 2 400mhs and grown in coco on a drip feed run to waste system - about as basic as you can get. At any one time I have somewhere between 15 - 30 plants in grow depending on the season and other factors, and varying numbers of new and rooted cuttings. They whole system is on perfect rotation; harvest two from outside then take two new cuttings - although I usually take a few and select the best rooted one to go into the pots. Because I always have plants in grow, I never have a shortage of cutting material.

Once the cuttings have roots busting out of their cubes these baby plants get put directly under the 400. And the older generation get moved out from the center, the oldest generation and biggest plants get moved out to the edge, thus creating a “bowl” of leaf and making most use of the limited light available. I rotate the outer large plants 180 degrees every few days so ensure even growth.

Putting the girls outside.

You can imaging growing 25 or so plants under 2 tiny 400mhs does not produce the chunky aggressive growth of a plant in hydro under a 600hps but this is all about efficiency and you will be surprised how much the power of the sun will make those twiggy teens transform into bushy bitches of bud. My current system takes advantage of living on a large property but I have done this when living in the suburbs with nice results by planting out into a bricked off courtyard.

I have several large 10gallon water saver pots have trays build into the bottom of them to collect runoff placed strategically around the property in large clumps of tall grass. The pots are easily 5 times the size of what the plant actually needs and this does two things 1) I only have to water every few days 2) I only have to change potting mix - actually it’s a delectable homemade compost blend - every few cycles. Coco plants go straight into this rich organic mix and they don’t mind the change at all, in fact they thrive. I then water with 1/4 strength flower hydro nutes, and add PK at week 4-5.

Results.

Winter 3-4 ounces per plant. Summer 6-8 ounces x 2-3 plants, every week. Do the math. The 4 - 6 branches of the plants are tied down and open with wire hooked on to the rim of the pot (do this slowly over several days otherwise you’ll snap them and cost yourself an ounce per branch in the process) so they absorb maximum sunlight and stay out of sight. They are short stocky shrubs by nature anyway and never get more than 3’ in diameter. Minimal work, electricity use and risk of getting done over by unfriendly neighbors. The cons are rain and mold, caterpillars and always having stuff drying on the rack in my house. I could automate the feed system from my water tank at the house but of course should one plant ever be discovered the lines would lead to the rest, so I carry water in by hand and this keeps me fit lol.

MoodySass

MoodySass

Grateful for the in-depth description. i’m totally new to this method and now really want to try it. Thanks a ton for that
:cat: :cat: :cat:

grayarea

grayarea

east coast west coast is a more efficent way to measure profits and roi.

grayarea

grayarea

both. mom is from east coast dad is from west coast , they moved from canada to cali b4 they had me .

spirtovik

spirtovik

wow, that is some serious yield off 2 400s. when you put it like that i’m seriously questioning why i’m just doing hydro

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
return of income. ilearned it from ncga.
I guess it means the same thing as return on investment... You know NC? Now, there's a cat who knows how to work the numbers.

grayarea

grayarea

I guess it means the same thing as return on investment... You know NC? Now, there's a cat who knows how to work the numbers.

he is part of the reason i got into trouble for money laundering . heheh lol :wtf: cooler to put weed money in weed money stack/industry then into a cash only 1 and pretend you dont grow.

if ur income is enough or more then enough for you or your family to live comfortably off of investments are pointless. most of the time. people who use investments like they are their jobs :banghead: cause a lot of problems in my life . if you spend all of your income on things for yourself instead of always on the pursuit of more money people usually treat u nicer as long as you dont block them from having access to the same paycheck that you are receiving .

Supercharge

Supercharge

No little green fuckers that get into the center of the buds and chomp out the centers. Courtesy of a little white flutterby. Tried sprays, doesn’t work, don't want to use heavy shit, just have to check inside buds every few days and nab the fuckers before they get big and do too much damage. Otherwise you smoke a nug full of caterpillar crap.

Top Bottom