INDOOR - OUTDOOR: the most efficient cash crop.

• Thread starter Supercharge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captain Canna

Captain Canna

has anyone tried keeping their plants outside in the growth phase with the use of an auxiliary light source?

-cc

grayarea

grayarea

has anyone tried keeping their plants outside in the growth phase with the use of an auxiliary light source?

-cc
supplemental is the word people use for that . auxiliary means something else. i think.

i use 5 watters for that .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

-cc
A la "season extension"? Yes, and there are various methods of achieving that goal. I'm doing it right now. I have a batch of cuts I don't want to flower on me, so they've got a small CFL that comes on at dusk and before dawn. Just enough light to keep them "switched" on vegetative growth phase.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Pretty sure I’ve seen @caregiverken do it somewhere..
Can’t remember if it worked well…don’t think it did.
Maybe he’ll chime in.
Yes I did sup. lights .. ive extended the light period like Sea is doing.
And, I have interrupted the dark period with the lights
Both worked to keep them in veg mode.
Last year, I shut down the interruption lights in mid june...Some of them started to flower:banghead: ...I shoulda left the lights on untill I wanted them to flower

Supercharge

Supercharge

-cc

Yes it would work, the light only has to be bright enough to register the plants photo period.

Would kinda defeat the purpose of keeping your plants out of sight?

If you're growing with stealth in mind, then obviously outdoor lighting is a no go. Not everyone has that issue.

marz

marz

Ive read about a guy who used solar leds as a supp light source apparently. don't know if theres any truth to that.

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Supplementary lighting is a good idea! Could possibly nullify the need for any indoor lights at all and you might be able to achieve the same results as Supercharge mentioned above.

grayarea

grayarea

No. supplemental and auxiliary are not the same thing . you would need 2 sets of light to have auxiliary lighting and the sun doesn't count . supplementary is a more accurate and respectful description of those lights cause it implys what they are used for not what there role in life is LOL .

sup·ple·men·ta·ry
ˌsəpləˈmentərē/
adjective
adjective: supplementary
  1. 1.
    completing or enhancing something.
    "the center's work was to be seen as supplementary to orthodox treatment and not a substitute for it"
    synonyms:additional, supplemental, extra, more, further;More
    add-on, subsidiary, auxiliary, ancillary
    "supplementary income"
    appended, attached, added, extra, accompanying
    "a supplementary index"
noun
noun: supplementary; plural noun: supplementaries
  1. 1.
    a supplementary person or thing.

aux·il·ia·ry
ôgˈzilyərē,-ˈzil(ə)rē/
adjective
adjective: auxiliary
  1. 1.
    providing supplementary or additional help and support.
    "an auxiliary nurse"
    synonyms:additional, supplementary, supplemental, extra, spare, reserve, backup, emergency, fallback, otherMore
    "an auxiliary power source"
    ancillary, assistant, support
    "auxiliary staff"
    • (of equipment) held in reserve.
      "the ship has an auxiliary power source"
    • (of troops) engaged in the service of a nation at war but not part of the regular army, and often of foreign origin.
    • (of a sailing vessel) equipped with a supplementary engine.
noun
noun: auxiliary; plural noun: auxiliaries
a person or thing providing supplementary or additional help and support.
"a nursing auxiliary"
synonyms:assistant, helper, ancillaryMore

Last edited:
grayarea

grayarea

pretty big difference between being something and being what provides that something only when the 1st version of that something isn't available anymore.

Captain Canna

Captain Canna

the sun doesn't count? lol who are you, god? of course the sun counts. how can you use the term supplementary without the sun not counting.

in this circumstance, it means the same thing dude.

do you understand what a synonym is? because if you do, you've summed up exactly why you are wrong with the provision of both those definitions.

argue the semantics all you want, it's of no relevance to the question or topic.

-cc

grayarea

grayarea

No , i just played alot of video games so learned to talk like that when there is a right and a wrong answer .

just cause they are a SYNONYM together lol does not mean they mean the same thing which is what your implying .

you dont use supplemental on cloudy days to make up for the loss of light . that is what auxiliary lights would be for.

also u cant count the sun when its not up . what your trying to do/say is kinda the same thing as calling car headlights auxiliary lights or saying that fog lights are auxiliary lights .

Fog lights imo are a perfect example of supplemental lighting and the way it is used in the garden .

Last edited:
grayarea

grayarea

the sun doesn't count? lol who are you, god? of course the sun counts. how can you use the term supplementary without the sun not counting.

in this circumstance, it means the same thing dude.

do you understand what a synonym is? because if you do, you've summed up exactly why you are wrong with the provision of both those definitions.

argue the semantics all you want, it's of no relevance to the question or topic.

-cc

you basically are talking to yourself when you argue semantics and then say they are not relevant in the next sentence . yes i understand what a synonym list is. i dont find much use for them .

the right answer is not whatever makes everyone happy its making everyone involved be able to understand the point of the conversation .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not unless you're ready to play around with phytochrome manipulation, and that's a WHOLE other ball o' cheese.
Supplementary lighting is a good idea! Could possibly nullify the need for any indoor lights at all and you might be able to achieve the same results as Supercharge mentioned above.
It does. Beyond that, growing during winter months, the other limiter is temperature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom