Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Is Anyone Using Oco Labs' Superc Co2 Extraction Machine For Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by CannaOilGirl, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find other users of the OCO Labs' SuperC extractor to share ideas, tips, tricks, and whatever else comes up.

I have had my unit for a little more than a month, and I'm loving it. I get a nice oil that goes straight from collection vessel to vape cartridge, after a few trials-ending-with-errors. :) I'm waiting for my lab results, but I've sampled this batch and it is, of all of my runs, "Max Flavor and Max Potency." (If you read the included "Quick Start" guide, that phrase might sound familiar to you. Lol)

Let's connect, if you want to share experiences with other SuperC Users, WOW us with your fantastic extraction run stories, make us laugh at funny happenings, and let us cry with you when you learn what not to do. Tell us about your experience with the unit, ask for help if you need it, and answer questions if you know it. :)

Cheers,
    CannaGirl

2. If you buy me one CannaGirl, then I can help you out here LOL. hahaha I checked those out, they sure do look nice. Just recently got a heat press and have now added rosin to my methods of consumption. Maybe someday..... :cool:

CannaOilGirl and Buzzer777 like this.
  3. I wish I could get everyone this machine. As it is, I lucked into getting one. I'm really happy with it -- working really well and is not too difficult to operate.

Last night, I made some oil that I'd call, "okay." It's a little cloudy, although it does work well -- this is only my fifth extraction, but my best one yet (I've been using trim while I learn, but flower last night). It's really satisfying to extract my medicine myself.

thisirmao, Herbals and RuralFarmer like this.
  4. Herbals

Herbals

How much oil are you producing per oz of flower?

5. I have only run one flower, so I was very conservative in the length of my run -- only 45 minutes for THC. I managed to extract 4.5ml of oil. Once I get the test results back (by the end of the week, I was promised), I'm going to make adjustments to try to improve the amount and the strength.

6. Herbals

Herbals

I have no experience making oil but the super c seems very user friendly just trying to figure out if that $3200 price is worth it. Keep us updated on progress.

7. The test results were delayed because of a holiday. Here's what I got from my first flower run. I will use these results as my first baseline to improve upon.

Screenshot_20180710-175210.jpg

ChiefnJoeBlo, Herbals and dabarino like this.
  8. JWM2

JWM2

That’s a cool chart. Looking forward to successive runs and charts :)

CannaOilGirl likes this.
  9. Herbals

Herbals

Looks good. I think it’s time for me to start saving. I prefer oil cartridges over flower mainly for the convenience

CannaOilGirl likes this.
  10. kamShok

kamShok

Hi CannaOilGirl:

I would love to share my variables and yield that I got from my first run of Super C.

Please share your variables and yield

Can you share the following info:

Start THC %?
    Start Weight?
    Decarbed? if so, for how long and at what temp?
    Temp and pressure that you run the Super C at?

This is my first run variables and yield,

Start Material: 12% THC, 30 grams, decarbed at 240f for 40 mins
    Super C temp set to 65c and pressure at 3000psi
    total run time was 1 hour and did not flip the tube
    yield was almost 1ml

Thanks!

CannaOilGirl likes this.
  11. Hi kamShok,

Thanks for jumping in here. :) I was starting to think I was the only person with one of these units. <snicker>

To learn my device, I purchased several ounces of trim and ran them through with terrible results, but I learned a lot by doing that -- I have so much more to learn. I put my lessons to the test in my first flower run. I wanted to "survey" all of the compounds I knew how to find by getting a little from each range to test.. Consider this my first serious test run.

Here are my log notes, walking through my process for my first serious run:

Untested Sour Diesel -- this usually tests at 20% THC and nearly 0% CBD, but this flower was not tested prior to extraction. I used 26g of flower.

20 minutes @ 45C & Ambient pressure ( Heat bath)
    45 minutes @ 45C & 1400 psi (Terpenes)
    15 minutes @ 45C & 1400 psi (Terpenes - Reverse tube)
    30 minutes @ 52C & 2300 psi (CBN)
    15 minutes @ 52C & 2300 psi (CBN - Reverse tube)
    30 minutes @ 53C & 2500 psi ( CBD )
    15 minutes @ 53C & 2500 psi (CBD - Reverse tube)
    30 minutes @ 55C & 2700 psi ( CBG )
    15 minutes @ 56C & 2700 psi (CBG Reverse tube)
    Place reaction chamber in 220 F oven for 60 minutes
    20 minutes @ 60C & Ambient pressure ( Heat bath)
    45 minutes @ 60C. & 3200 psi ( THC )
    Extract sample for analysis (report above)
    15 minutes @ 60C & 3200 psi ( THC ) -- nice clear oil
    30 minutes @ 60C & 3200 psi ( THC - Reverse tube) -- nice clear oil for 15 minutes, then some chlorophyll... :(

The sample was extracted from 4.5ml of output oil medicine. Then I extracted more, to push the limit, and got 2ml more of useable oil and 0.5mi of chlorophyll-contamination.

What I learned:
    The percentages do matter -- only buy plants with test results.
    I don't need that much of the terpenes, so limit extraction to 15 minutes in each direction next time.
    Pick a strain testing with CBD, or don't bother with those cannabinoid extractions.
    Reduce the cannabinoid extraction time to a number appropriate to the amount tested (don't spend an hour extracting something that is only present at 1%).

I have enough Sour Diesel material for two more runs, so I plan on being more cautious. I'll go only a short time for some terpenes, and then skip to the THC settings for an hour in one direction and then 15 minutes reversed.

When I need more medicine, I'm going to choose a strain with more cannabinoids.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    CannaOilGirl

kamShok likes this.
  12. kamShok

kamShok

20 minutes @ 45C & Ambient pressure ( Heat bath)
    45 minutes @ 45C & 1400 psi (Terpenes)
    15 minutes @ 45C & 1400 psi (Terpenes - Reverse tube)
    30 minutes @ 52C & 2300 psi (CBN)
    15 minutes @ 52C & 2300 psi (CBN - Reverse tube)
    30 minutes @ 53C & 2500 psi ( CBD )
    15 minutes @ 53C & 2500 psi (CBD - Reverse tube)
    30 minutes @ 55C & 2700 psi ( CBG )
    15 minutes @ 56C & 2700 psi (CBG Reverse tube)
    Place reaction chamber in 220 F oven for 60 minutes
    20 minutes @ 60C & Ambient pressure ( Heat bath)
    45 minutes @ 60C. & 3200 psi ( THC )
    Extract sample for analysis (report above)
    15 minutes @ 60C & 3200 psi ( THC ) -- nice clear oil
    30 minutes @ 60C & 3200 psi ( THC - Reverse tube) -- nice clear oil for 15 minutes, then some chlorophyll... :(

The sample was extracted from 4.5ml of output oil medicine. Then I extracted more, to push the limit, and got 2ml more of useable oil and 0.5mi of chlorophyll-contamination.

What I learned:
    The percentages do matter -- only buy plants with test results.
    I don't need that much of the terpenes, so limit extraction to 15 minutes in each direction next time.
    Pick a strain testing with CBD, or don't bother with those cannabinoid extractions.
    Reduce the cannabinoid extraction time to a number appropriate to the amount tested (don't spend an hour extracting something that is only present at 1%).

I have enough Sour Diesel material for two more runs, so I plan on being more cautious. I'll go only a short time for some terpenes, and then skip to the THC settings for an hour in one direction and then 15 minutes reversed.

Hi Cannaoilgirl,

I'm glad to have found this thread. Looking forward to sharing the info from my future extractions! I will prob run 2-3 extractions per month. I will run a second extraction on Wednesday and will share all info.

Sooo, you ran the same material for the above extractions right? you didn't switch out for new material and your total yield was 4.5ml of medicine from 26g of flower and 2ml of useable oil correct? I'm just a little curious.

I will be running an extraction with flower that has very little CBD thus my extractions will be focused on THC and yield. I will share my results on Wednesday.

Kam.

CannaOilGirl likes this.
  13. Hey Kam,

I'm glad you found the thread, too... I was looking for others since May, but finding no one. I finally overcame my fear of posting, and I'm glad I did. :)

I expect to run about 2-3 extractions a month too, but I plan to do a bit more than that at first, as I learn the system. I started with 4 runs of trim, within the first two weeks. Those were learning exercises, and I got very little that was useable. I've been really happy with this first flower run -- I got almost 7ml of oil from my 26g of Sour Diesel, and I learned a lot more about how to make it better for next time.

I'm sorry my results were confusing. I'll summarize everything again, in a clearer way, I hope.
    1. I started with 26g of Sour Diesel.
    2. The extraction went well to 4.5ml of oil.
    3. The 0.5ml sample of oil was extracted for testing.
    4. Then, I worked the machine again, until I started getting chlorophyll.
    5. I did extract another 2ml of oil from the same material, after pausing to remove the sample (not to add any material). I wanted to push the plant to its limit, and I did.
    The useable end result of the 26g was 6.5ml.

I have attached a JPG for comparison of my medicine (left) and a professionally-produced oil (right).

I look forward to reading about your Wednesday extraction.

-COG (lol, CannaOilGirl)

20180623_184703.jpg
  14. First, you might enjoy this short video of my extraction vessel during a run -- I hope link sharing is allowed. If not, I'm sorry.

Also, after I uploaded that last picture, I found a better one. Here it is now. Same as before: Mine on left, with white tip and the pro-version on the right, with the black tip.

20180716_184439.jpg