Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
incogneato

incogneato

Might wanna try less heat longer cook... if you dont like the way that plays.. just put in freezer for now
I only had it on my seedling heat mat with a clip on blowing over it. I thought maybe I needed more heat but then I read diff strains will give diff results so I'm gonna try a few others. Either way it gets me ripped, its my first real dabs lol. I have some starfighter x longbottom leaf trim and some spliffs strawberry buds in the freezer now.

incogneato

incogneato

I'm going to try GTs method with outdoor from last season. It's a bit dark so not sure what to expect. I strained threw a tshirt into these three double coffee filter containers it took 5 minutes to drain away from the weed. I put it in the frig for a few hours to drain threw the coffee filters.I ended up with a pint that's on the 175* griddle now
How was the color of the wash?

WS4U

WS4U

I only had it on my seedling heat mat with a clip on blowing over it. I thought maybe I needed more heat but then I read diff strains will give diff results so I'm gonna try a few others. Either way it gets me ripped, its my first real dabs lol. I have some starfighter x longbottom leaf trim and some spliffs strawberry buds in the freezer now.
Yeah probably needs to cook longer.....was there bubbles in the oil towards end of evaporating?

jipp

jipp

Use the water bath to prevent temps from getting high....did no one read my tutorial i made earlier in the forum?
i did not see it, i got to gt 21 "lets get fucked up" post, and stop reading to get fucked up. im gonna try to make some tomorrow, or the next day. ill read through the whole thread in a while.

incogneato

incogneato

Yeah probably needs to cook longer.....was there bubbles in the oil towards end of evaporating?
There were, I whipped it up every other day til it stopped bubbling. Its definitely done evaporating its just more like rosin in texture. Ive read it could be from the strain itself. We'll see what the other 2 strains come out like I guess

tifosi

tifosi

I'm going to do another run & change my methods up a bit.First i have left the weed out of the jar over night to remove excess moisture. I plan to just pour the alcohol & weed threw a wire strainer & strain this threw 5 stacks of coffee filters. With 5 stacks of filters i will be able to twist the top of the coffee filters shut & milk it down & out in half the time. I'll end up with a few more wet coffee filters but cut the processing time in half. Good or bad idea?

Freshone

Freshone

I freeze the weed and alcohol,after I shake I filter thru two filters and I'm able to squeeze with no issues.5 filters might be a little much,I have filtered twice though when I make a mess squeezing.Some people put the liquid extract back in the freezer for 24 hours and filter again after the wax and lipids separate out,haven't tried that yet,next time.

tifosi

tifosi

The first picture is when i just poured it in the pyrex,a lot of that light colored crud came threw. Next time i wont squeeze the filter & see if I get a bit less of this stuff. the final product had a gnat land in it & a bit of that crud visible. The next run i will strain freeze for 24 hours & hope for a clearer end result

20170907 104548
20170907 143742
Dunge

Dunge

I always make a mess too but squeezing gets you all the goodness so I end up filtering twice.
I'm going to try winterizing(freezing 24 hrs and filtering again)next time too.
But then we need to cold filter via vacuum assist.
I am having trouble with this seemingly simple step.
I need purpose built plumbing to hold a filter and allow for suction.
Any thoughts?

Freshone

Freshone

But then we need to cold filter via vacuum assist.
I am having trouble with this seemingly simple step.
I need purpose built plumbing to hold a filter and allow for suction.
Any thoughts?
Yes,you want a buchner funnel,30 bucks on eBay,I'd buy one but I don't think vacume is necessary,nice but not needed.

WS4U

WS4U

IMG 3597
IMG 3601
U either need 50 micron press screen ,which is what i use, or a coffee filter like the cone one pictured above. Or u need patience. Using more filters will make u wait longer, and dont squish out the filters that shit is supposed to get caught in the filter, its all fats a lipids u dont want to smoke....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom