Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yololive69

Yololive69

A rough guess is somewhere between 15-20% depending on the strain and how well you do it. If you winterize it your yield will go down some but the quality goes up.
Olay, I'm not new to growing, but I am rather new to all of these concentrates and all the different ways to make them.
I used to make hash out of ice water, but I never used solvents such as Isopropyl alcohol, Everclear, butane, and I've even heard someone say they used acetone ( I know better than that-).
I've heard that BHO(butane hash oil) is the most potent, because it removes more cannabinoids than any other method, but you know as well as I, that lots of people say lots of things, and now with the internet, you get overloaded with people telling you to do it this way, no...that's all wrong, do it this way....no, no that guy fid know what he was talking about, do it this way....

incogneato

incogneato

Olay, I'm not new to growing, but I am rather new to all of these concentrates and all the different ways to make them.
I used to make hash out of ice water, but I never used solvents such as Isopropyl alcohol, Everclear, butane, and I've even heard someone say they used acetone ( I know better than that-).
I've heard that BHO(butane hash oil) is the most potent, because it removes more cannabinoids than any other method, but you know as well as I, that lots of people say lots of things, and now with the internet, you get overloaded with people telling you to do it this way, no...that's all wrong, do it this way....no, no that guy fid know what he was talking about, do it this way....
Hahaha, yep that's it in a nutshell. I'm relatively new to both but from what I've seen and done I've gotten around 20% from trim.

Smerb

Smerb

Here is a great source for making the goods.
IMG 8204

Yololive69

Yololive69

A rough guess is somewhere between 15-20% depending on the strain and how well you do it. If you winterize it your yield will go down some but the quality goes up.
Hey man, how's it going? I hope it's all good!
Ahhhh, I have a question......how do you "winterize" your yield?
I may know what you're talking about, but have never heard the term winterize relating to cannabis before.
You'll have to forgive me, I'm not up on all these new terms and slang...

incogneato

incogneato

I can get what the trichs give you pretty much. Thats all
Like asking what your grow is gonna yield right? Lol
I may know what you're talking about, but have never heard the term winterize relating to cannabis before.
After you filter your material you put the liquid back in the freezer overnight and filter it again to remove more fats/lipids. It will reduce your yield but increase the quality. I'm just now getting into it myself but it's pretty cool.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Just a word of warning , iso is highly flammable!
It should only be used outside or in a well ventilated area.

I find the best way to boil off the iso is on a Pyrex dish on top of water on a crock pot / slow cooker

I did my ISO extract indoors but in front of an open window and positioned a fan to blow across the liquid and the fumes went out the window.

yes alcohol is flamable. Know because I do 75% of my cooking on alcohol stoves. I use denatured alcohol.

I am of the opinion that ISO strips cannabinoids better than butane. I had yields up to 24.5%.

Once I had 16.9% on buds too dry to smoke.

THOSE YIELDS was AFTER winterizing to remove chlorophyll, lipids and solids

Everclear is 5% water and doesn't give the yield of ISO

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

After you filter your material you put the liquid back in the freezer overnight and filter it again to remove more fats/lipids. It will reduce your yield but increase the quality. I'm just now getting into it myself but it's pretty cool.

that winterizing makes the vapor smoother than BHO.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

very simple. after you seperate the plant material from the liquid. put the liquid BACK in the freezer at least 6 hours.

the chlorophyll, lipids and solids will collect on the walls and bottom of the jar.

now filter the liquid through coffee filter. you want the ice crystals to stay ice crystals so they get trapped in the filter.

Winterizing gives a much smoother tape than BHO

The aid that taught me winterizing was "QWISO Jar Method by Ethanol King 88

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

it lowers yield but raises the purity by getting rid of the bad parts that irritate throat and lungs.

I have had yields as high as 24.5% on fresh buds and 16.9% in super dry buds.

incogneato

incogneato

it lowers yield but raises the purity by getting rid of the bad parts that irritate throat and lungs.

I have had yields as high as 24.5% on fresh buds and 16.9% in super dry buds.
I agree no doubt. In my short experience with it ice done it with and without and you can really tell the difference between them. I recommend it for sure.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Pretty much....if you sent it to the gaschrome and got 20%.. youll get about that back

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I Wouldn't extract without winterizing yo remove those throat and lung irritants.

I have compromised lungs already thanks to asthma and bout after bout of Bronchitis.

I agree no doubt. In my short experience with it ice done it with and without and you can really tell the difference between them. I recommend it for sure.

Graywolf

Graywolf

When we extract below -50C with a 50/50% mix, wax pickup is low enough that we don't have to winterize, which allows us to hold on to more of the monoterpenes. More monoterpenes don't smooth it out, it makes it more aromatic, flavorful, and harsh to vaporize, because some of the terpenes are expectorants and bronchodilators.

There is also an inline dewaxing technique, by which the LPG/essential oil solution is lowered to below -50C after extraction, so that the non polar waxes precipitate out.

Winterizing a non polar extraction by dissolving it in a polar solvent and dropping the temperature to precipitate out the waxes makes a smoother concentrate to dab, because a good portion of the monoterpenes exited with the alcohol. In fact if you collect that alcohol and smell/taste it, you will see that it is now a gin.

All work and produce a nice product, unique in its own way.

Yololive69

Yololive69

Hahahah i was gonna say

Math is important folks hahaha
I know math is really important, and it wasn't my math, it was my memory-lol!
I believe that there are 4 grades of Isopropyl alcohol-70%-91%-99%,and 100%, which is kind of hard to find, but I found it at Ace/True Value in the paint section.

Yololive69

Yololive69

Pretty much....if you sent it to the gaschrome and got 20%.. youll get about that back
Actually, that so called "soup," after refining on a heating pad set to high for 24 hours, turned into some top shelf, dispensery quality wax-nice and amber( I call it peanut butter blonde), and it's better than some commercial that a bud brought me back from Colorado last week.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I know math is really important, and it wasn't my math, it was my memory-lol!
I believe that there are 4 grades of Isopropyl alcohol-70%-91%-99%,and 100%, which is kind of hard to find, but I found it at Ace/True Value in the paint section.
Hahaha oh shit i think there is some 50 shit too.... i have done ok with that 70 stuff tho

Walmart
Rite aid
Safe way i think its Everywhere but do not buy the new wintergreen crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom