Learning How To Think Different

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Sometimes the store around me changes coco which kinda sucks. In the Flower tent I am using Atami Bcuzz coco as that is all they had at the time. It's working well. It was $19 for 50l. Before I had that I used a hydrated block of Botanicare brick coco. Good stuff and way cheaper than pre fluffed coco, but it's more work. Most of the known brands are good. The only brand I would not recommend is Roots Organics Coco Palms. The batch I got was terribly high in salt content.

Indeed fruits are the end game brotha. I think you are talking about the rootbound solo cup girls? Like incogneato said I'm doing it on purpose to keep them small. They are my Bonsai moms/Experimental plants. I don't really have a purpose for them per say. I just want to see how far I can take it until they run into nutrient problems but so far they are healthy.
img_8354-jpg.670029

I completely agree that one needs a higher volume of soil to roots when growing for the exact reasons you stated, but I'm growing in coco with straight hydro nutrients(veg+bloom 1 part powder). In my experience I've been able to grow the same size plants in almost half the amount of coco compared to soil because of the control I have over nutrition. The plants in my flower tent are only in 2gallon fabric pots except the DeadHead is in a coco hempy for kicks.

Here's that DeadHead OG seedling before I transplanted her into a half gal container:D. Not bad for a solo cup but it's gotta be coco haha.

View attachment 670478
View attachment 670483

My last harvested gals were rootbound too long in 1.5 gallon pots.
Fed only water they used up the soil nutes. Then all leaves yellowed and started falling off. Budsites stopped growing in. And stems turned purple and yellow and weak.

Once another chamber opened up I transplanted and started feeding nutes. They recovered and kept growing upwards. To successfully be flowered out all the way into decent gals.

Have fun with your experiment.
That solo cup gal is big considering pot size.

justiceman

justiceman

My last harvested gals were rootbound too long in 1.5 gallon pots.
Fed only water they used up the soil nutes. Then all leaves yellowed and started falling off. Budsites stopped growing in. And stems turned purple and yellow and weak.

Once another chamber opened up I transplanted and started feeding nutes. They recovered and kept growing upwards. To successfully be flowered out all the way into decent gals.

Have fun with your experiment.
That solo cup gal is big considering pot size.
Hell ya man. I love the different nuances of soil vs coco. I've experienced those sympotoms in my past soil grows too you know whats up. I love making soil mixes for outside mostly now though.

This Think Different grow is in a #1 of 100% coco but I think it's slightly smaller than a gallon. Should be an interesting show.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sometimes the store around me changes coco which kinda sucks. In the Flower tent I am using Atami Bcuzz coco as that is all they had at the time. It's working well. It was $19 for 50l. Before I had that I used a hydrated block of Botanicare brick coco. Good stuff and way cheaper than pre fluffed coco, but it's more work. Most of the known brands are good. The only brand I would not recommend is Roots Organics Coco Palms. The batch I got was terribly high in salt content.

Indeed fruits are the end game brotha. I think you are talking about the rootbound solo cup girls? Like incogneato said I'm doing it on purpose to keep them small. They are my Bonsai moms/Experimental plants. I don't really have a purpose for them per say. I just want to see how far I can take it until they run into nutrient problems but so far they are healthy.
img_8354-jpg.670029

I completely agree that one needs a higher volume of soil to roots when growing for the exact reasons you stated, but I'm growing in coco with straight hydro nutrients(veg+bloom 1 part powder). In my experience I've been able to grow the same size plants in almost half the amount of coco compared to soil because of the control I have over nutrition. The plants in my flower tent are only in 2gallon fabric pots except the DeadHead is in a coco hempy for kicks.

Here's that DeadHead OG seedling before I transplanted her into a half gal container:D. Not bad for a solo cup but it's gotta be coco haha.

View attachment 670478
View attachment 670483
He Gucci grew them just to show them off! Earl the Pearl

justiceman

justiceman

Small update. It's been 7 days since I dropped her in that moist paper towel. Still getting light drizzles of .2EC. Not much else to report yet. She's happy. I may up the EC pretty soon here. Hopefully she'll be ready to harvest by the end of the week.:love1:
Day 7

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Hahaha yes to all of those indeed. I'll keep that advice in mind about topping. I've read it's best to avoid it but I can totally see it working well with a fast growing hydro plant. I still need to peruse through your thread some more. Since I'm limited on hieght I'm either gonna do that or maybe some LST.

Yup just like event said 18/6, 24/0 or 24 if you really want to but I hear 24 is mostly a waste of power. I'm going with 18/6 since that's how I veg anyway.
Are you keeping your autos on 18-6 the entire time justice?

Latest posts

Top Bottom