Learning How To Think Different

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Day 15 since she went into the towel. Looking pretty good. She's still got a slight lean going on lol. Oh well she should strengthen up. Gonna bump the food up to about .4-.5EC tomorrow.

IMG 8641
IMG 8642
IMG 8643

justiceman

justiceman

Day 16

I found an interesting development. It looks like the outer skin on the base of the stalk opened itself up. I have not seen any problems yet nor have I run into this before. Hopefuly it's minor and does't cause her much stress.

IMG 8704

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 16

I found an interesting development. It looks like the outer skin on the base of the stalk opened itself up. I have not seen any problems yet nor have I run into this before. Hopefuly it's minor and does't cause her much stress.

View attachment 674705

That happens to every plant as it transitions from seedling into it's teens.

It happens from the cotyledons down.

I think it's a temporary skin/membrane as a seedling to protect it yet let roots through if it is buried.

once it matures and develops it's own skin for its trunk.
That outer skin breaks off. Revealing the youngsters true stem/trunk.

justiceman

justiceman

I think it's a temporary skin/membrane as a seedling to protect it yet let roots through if it is buried.

Interesting. I must have not noticed before on other seedlings, but at the same time I've never paid as much attention to just a single seedling. Thanks for dropping that knowledge.

incogneato

incogneato

Next seed you pop keep an eye on that area. One day it will split and you can peel it off like skin.
I was gonna say, I know I'm new but I've noticed "molting" on all of my plants so far

justiceman

justiceman

I've been paying more attention this time. You were spot on. I noticed the progression today.
IMG 8753

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

lol,,, the next 10 days ought to tell us a lot about this lil one... to top or not to top... million dollar question... She looks good! Growth is pretty decent. Im watching. I say day 26 you have to decide weather to go for it or not :)

justiceman

justiceman

lol,,, the next 10 days ought to tell us a lot about this lil one... to top or not to top... million dollar question... She looks good! Growth is pretty decent. Im watching. I say day 26 you have to decide weather to go for it or not :)
Whoa.... To think I was complaining about the time but now it's only 7 days until that EPIC decision which I had already forgot about. I'm scared. :sweating: What if I don't top her and she ends up turning out to be massive like your auto even in this little #1 pot. I won't put nothing past em after seeing the carnage. Your auto is legendary. It's like the plant of 2017. The auto that forgot itself. It makes its own rules.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Whoa.... To think I was complaining about the time but now it's only 7 days until that EPIC decision which I had already forgot about. I'm scared. :sweating: What if I don't top her and she ends up turning out to be massive like your auto even in this little #1 pot. I won't put nothing past em after seeing the carnage. Your auto is legendary. It's like the plant of 2017. The auto that forgot itself. It makes its own rules.
lol,,, if only i would of known! I would of topped and grew her under 2 600's for a pound :)

But yep the day is coming.... :)

justiceman

justiceman

lol,,, if only i would of known! I would of topped and grew her under 2 600's for a pound :)

But yep the day is coming.... :)
If someone told me to top an auto and throw it under 2 600's I'd call em crazy but your auto has broken ALL the rules lmao.

--------------------------

Day 21

Currently slightly above .5EC at 270ppm. She's doing very well. Soon she'll get .6-.7EC:D. Never seen a dry day her whole life!

It's cool to see how different lighting can affect the way your plants look. These were all taken minutes or less apart.
IMG 8827
IMG 8828
IMG 8829

Some new side branches are starting to come in!
IMG 8826

Top Bottom