New 2 Hydro Questions & General Chatting About Hydroponics

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah I don't think it's under watered..... the whole tray floods up about 3-4 inches. If you look in the picture you can kinda see that the tray is moist....
But yeah ok I will pull her out and place on the side some where.
Check the main stem where it goes in the cube.. Make sure you dont have no stem rot going on.
Its got to be something in the roots..
U said gnats but are you sure its not root aphids?
I think they are prob a worse situation than the gnats.
That tea will help with the larva.
You should prob run hrdrogaurd in the res from now on..

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I've been running hydrogaurd for about 3 weeks now and plan to keep using it. I don't see any stem rot but the roots are getting dark on that 1 tray. I mixed hydrogaurd in with every tank change and I've been using turantula, voodoo juice, pirahna, and b52. Other than that, just grow, micro and bloom from advance... You would think that would be enough bennies.... smh.... how long should I run the tea mixture when I get it? The ogbiowar stuff? I get it monday...Run for a couple days, dump and mix a fresh tank of chems? Or do I just brew the tea and add in my stuff for the week with it?

I'm pretty sure it's fungus gnats. I had the root aphids b4 long long time ago. They are long gone now.. years ago.... 1 of the worst things to run into....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've been running hydrogaurd for about 3 weeks now and plan to keep using it. I don't see any stem rot but the roots are getting dark on that 1 tray. I mixed hydrogaurd in with every tank change and I've been using turantula, voodoo juice, pirahna, and b52. Other than that, just grow, micro and bloom from advance... You would think that would be enough bennies.... smh.... how long should I run the tea mixture when I get it? The ogbiowar stuff? I get it monday...Run for a couple days, dump and mix a fresh tank of chems? Or do I just brew the tea and add in my stuff for the week with it?

I'm pretty sure it's fungus gnats. I had the root aphids b4 long long time ago. They are long gone now.. years ago.... 1 of the worst things to run into....
I would brew the tea and feed it directly to the plants.
or you doing dtw or recirc?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Simple flood and drain
flood and draining rockwool huh?
I also run a little flood and drain 3x3 table..
Besides my UC...
I wouldnt use the tea in the res.
If you can feed out side the table then i would hand feed each, let it drain down.
Suck res dry, clean, and make a new res.
with hydrogaurd..
is this first time flood and drain in rockwool?

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Yeah, first time flood and drain.

So should i just run the tea by itself a couple days then flush. And return to my regular schedule half a week later?

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah, first time flood and drain.

So should u just run the tea by itself a couple days then flush. And return to my regular schedule half a week later?
No dont recirculate it.. Just top feed a cup to each cube and let it drain down. The microbes will stay in the cube for the most part.
drain the res, clean, refill, and resume normal feed.
Every Sun repeat..
Well i feed the tea on Sunday, when i change the res.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I wont bullshit you, Rockwool is the most difficult to use, imo,
What was you using before rockwool?
cause i can tell you been growing for awhile..
I think I read it before but my memory sucks..

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Ok, so my plan now is to hand water the tea mixure on each cube till run off... Let all the run off collect I the res. Once that's done dump the res, Clean it, and mix week3 flower?... does that sound about right?.. what ppm do you keep your flower week 3 at? I'm at about 650-700ppm on 500 scale right now.

I dont get the ogbiowar stuff till monday. Thats also week3 day1. So just mix week3 after i hand water the tea on all the cubes right?
flood and draining rockwool huh?
I also run a little flood and drain 3x3 table..
Besides my UC...
I wouldnt use the tea in the res.
If you can feed out side the table then i would hand feed each, let it drain down.
Suck res dry, clean, and make a new res.
with hydrogaurd..
is this first time flood and drain in rockwool?

No dont recirculate it.. Just top feed a cup to each cube and let it drain down. The microbes will stay in the cube for the most part.
drain the res, clean, refill, and resume normal feed.
Every Sun repeat..
Well i feed the tea on Sunday, when i change the res.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I've been using soil my whole life, never had a problem. Started to try to get to automation and went rockwool. Yeah kinda pain in the ass to ph 8trays worth or rockwool before I can even use it. Thought it was gonna be easier than soil. I went 1 tray coco flood and drain. I seem to really like that so far. Seems nice out of the 8 trays I have going on.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok, so my plan now is to hand water the tea mixure on each cube till run off... Let all the run off collect I the res. Once that's done dump the res, Clean it, and mix week3 flower?... does that sound about right?.. what ppm do you keep your flower week 3 at? I'm at about 650-700ppm on 500 scale right now.

I dont get the ogbiowar stuff till monday. Thats also week3 day1. So just mix week3 after i hand water the tea on all the cubes right?
Ye thats exactly how to do it.. And yes mix week 3 after hand water tea..
I dont know rockwool very well but 650 ppm sounds perfect to me.
I didnt really pay much attention to what the other plants looked like tho earlier..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've been using soil my whole life, never had a problem. Started to try to get to automation and went rockwool. Yeah kinda pain in the ass to ph 8trays worth or rockwool before I can even use it. Thought it was gonna be easier than soil. I went 1 tray coco flood and drain. I seem to really like that so far. Seems nice out of the 8 trays I have going on.
I recommend you dump all the rockwool after this run and run coco in all the tables!
Thats what my boys over on my thread are all about..
they drain to waste which is great and all,
but i like flood and drain..
What size are your pots for the coco table?

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

This is the coco flood and drain. 24pots on a 4x4tray in 3 gal pots. Was gonna go 5x5 rows of pots but need 1 space for the flood and drain so 24 on this tray. All the stuff under the net will be trimmed this sunday. I let them stretch for 2 weeks in flower. THen I trim the stuff that would turn into larf.
these are what the rockwool look like... Not bad.. ...

minus the 1 dead 1out of 16 rockwool in this tray that is sharing a res with the coco tray.

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

The rest of the trays look just like other rockwool ones. Not bad... but yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna go all coco next run.

I think I should just pull that dead 1 n toss it... toss her b4 she fucks up something else In the room.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 751112 View attachment 751113 This is the coco flood and drain. 24pots on a 4x4tray in 3 gal pots. Was gonna go 5x5 rows of pots but need 1 space for the flood and drain so 24 on this tray. All the stuff under the net will be trimmed this sunday. I let them stretch for 2 weeks in flower. THen I trim the stuff that would turn into larf.View attachment 751114these are what the rockwool look like... Not bad.. ...

View attachment 751115 minus the 1 dead 1out of 16 rockwool in this tray that is sharing a res with the coco tray.
your right the rockwool doesnt look bad..

If it was me, I would drop to 1/2 gal pots of straight coco and flood 5x a day. Fill the table with as many pots as you can.. Use clones and SOG..

U got a nice setup. Your good grower..
U would kill it in coco/with small pots!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The rest of the trays look just like other rockwool ones. Not bad... but yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna go all coco next run.

I think I should just pull that dead 1 n toss it... toss her b4 she fucks up something else In the room.
I would brother! You got way too much to worry about that one.. Tear that cube apart and se what you can see around the root crown if you do tho...

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Good idea. Il take pics too so i can show wtf happend to her.

Hey thanks again for all you your help bro....I remember when I first started and you guys was helping me when they were just clones n all yellow. They look a hell of alot better now then where I was when I first started asking questions.

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Good idea. Il take pics too so i can show wtf happend to her.

Hey thanks again for all you your help bro....I remember when I first started and you guys was helping me when they were just clones n all yellow. They look a hell of alot better now then where I i was when I first started asking questions.
hell ya! You did better than I though on your first run..me and you prob make millions if I was 20 yrs younger lol

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I recommend you dump all the rockwool after this run and run coco in all the tables!
Thats what my boys over on my thread are all about..
they drain to waste which is great and all,
but i like flood and drain..
What size are your pots for the coco table?

your right the rockwool doesnt look bad..

If it was me, I would drop to 1/2 gal pots of straight coco and flood 5x a day. Fill the table with as many pots as you can.. Use clones and SOG..

U got a nice setup. Your good grower..
U would kill it in coco/with small pots!

I'm and ok grower. You da real pro, lol thanks for all the help. And yeah I have thought about doing a sog run. With like 64 to a tray. I would only have to veg 2 weeks to fill up the area and can flip em even faster.

Top Bottom