New 2 Hydro Questions & General Chatting About Hydroponics

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Looks like im getting new green growth... yeaaa. =D So now that things are starting to look a lil better and get back on track... My question is when do I up the ppm? Every week? And by how much 100-200 Per week? When can i go back to 1000w Mh?..... Should I wait another week first? For the guys who run recirculated systems. How often do you guys do a tank change? Every 2week? Or 3weeks?
imo you right where you need to be. Let them go this week with that ec..let the plants get a foot hold since they had a rough start. You night as well consider this week 1 now.
As for how much and how fast you ramp it up will depend on how they are looking at the end of week 1. Are you using a pump in your rez to keep them mixed and aerated?
Are you using a chiller on your res? Hydrogaurd?
Thanks glad someone enjoys my work... The strains in those pix are a Landrace Afghani, Maui Wowie, DopeSauce = [Starfighter X BigBud], Conspiracy pie aka ConPie = [Conspiracy Kush X Cherry Pie]
The Dopesauce and ConPie are strains I made I myself.
Damn I would like a cut of that DopeSauce!
Room looks good brother!
Im glad to see they are turning around!

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Yeah this seems to be what im finding online. I kinda wanted all the extra live microbes and fungi and it seems like stuff like h2o2 is bad and will kill all my goodies...... i over sized my a.c. 48,000 Btu for the room so I can pretty much get it what ever temp I would like. I also have a large dehuey that's oversized so I can pretty much set what ever temp and rh I want and it will be all good. I have plenty of oscillating fans too so I can move air and co2 around. I think i can pretty much just set it and forget it for dialing in room conditions. 1 thing I will need is a chiller for res if things get to hot.... what is the danger zone for res temps? And ideal zone to be in?

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

this is the big decision before you start out are you going for live res or sterile res.. i opted for sterile as that is just kinda how it went... personally i feel if there is too much going on in there bacteria wise it can get messy. and I've such good results with just a simple nutrient line up a bit of pk and some cal mag and some canna zym... and every grow is better.. i would personally start simple then add the other stuff later until your room is dialled in. the plants won't benefit from all the extra goodies if the environment isn't spot on..

imo you right where you need to be. Let them go this week with that ec..let the plants get a foot hold since they had a rough start. You night as well consider this week 1 now.
As for how much and how fast you ramp it up will depend on how they are looking at the end of week 1. Are you using a pump in your rez to keep them mixed and aerated?
Are you using a chiller on your res? Hydrogaurd?

Damn I would like a cut of that DopeSauce!
Room looks good brother!
Im glad to see they are turning around!

Thanks bro. So happy to see it green again. I thought I was gonna have to make new clones. I don't have a pump to circulate the tank but I do have a large airstone aerating things. Do I still need the pump to keep things mixed well? If so, do I just leave that pump on 24 7? Or get that on a timer as well?

No chiller yet but plan to 1 or 4 will see depending how temps in res get.

What is hydro gaurd? And will it be ok to use with the beneficial microbes and fungi I have In my tanks?

So should today/ Monday be my week1 day 1?

I don't have the cut any more but still have the batch of beans it came from... for all your kind words and help i dont mind sharing my gentics with you bro. If youre ever in Washington I have some beans for you =D
All I ask in return is you share the cut around and not change the name. I would like the credit for my R&D... lol

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yeah this seems to be what im finding online. I kinda wanted all the extra live microbes and fungi and it seems like stuff like h2o2 is bad and will kill all my goodies...... i over sized my a.c. 48,000 Btu for the room so I can pretty much get it what ever temp I would like. I also have a large dehuey that's oversized so I can pretty much set what ever temp and rh I want and it will be all good. I have plenty of oscillating fans too so I can move air and co2 around. I think i can pretty much just set it and forget it for dialing in room conditions. 1 thing I will need is a chiller for res if things get to hot.... what is the danger zone for res temps? And ideal zone to be in?
I try to keep my water temps 70 or under, but in my rdwc i keep it at 67, that way it has from 65 to 69 which is right where i want to be. You can tell that your room is in good order!
Thanks bro. So happy to see it green again. I thought I was gonna have to make new clones. I don't have a pump to circulate the tank but I do have a large air-stone aerating things. Do I still need the pump to keep things mixed well? If so, do I just leave that pump on 24 7? Or get that on a timer as well?

No chiller yet but plan to 1 or 4 will see depending how temps in res get.

What is hydro gaurd? And will it be ok to use with the beneficial microbes and fungi I have In my tanks?

So should today/ Monday be my week1 day 1?

I don't have the cut any more but still have the batch of beans it came from... for all tour kind words and help i dont mind sharing my gentics with you bro. If youre ever in Washington I have some beans for you =D
All I ask in return is you share the cut around and not change the name. I would like the credit for my R&D... lol
I dont like using a air stone because it can mess with the PH.
I use a small fountain pump that i bought for like 15 at wallyworld and I run it 24/7.
But some ppl put it on a timer like 15 mins on every 3 or 4 hrs..
Yes hydrogaurd is live bacteria and will work excellent with the bennies that you have!
Ya I would count this day 1. just to keep it simple!
I doubt I will ever make it to Washington,
but I deff appreciate that!
Maybe one day tho or something..
And lastly I feel the same way as you about the naming!
You can have the genetics as long as the name remains
so I get credit for it :)

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

So things are starting to look good now. But I still have some questions.... From what I'm reading online. It seems optimal res temp should be 68-70f. I also read some where online that it doesn't really apply much to flood and drain system since I push out old and pull in new air when I flood and drain. My res temps average is 72-74f. Is a chiller really needed for my flood and drain setup?... And if so, can someone point me in the direction of a good system to run 4x 100gallon tanks? Or do I have to buy 1 for every res? 4 chillers? Thanks...

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So things are starting to look good now. But I still have some questions.... From what I'm reading online. It seems optimal res temp should be 68-70f. I also read some where online that it doesn't really apply much to flood and drain system since I push out old and pull in new air when I flood and drain. My res temps average is 72-74f. Is a chiller really needed for my flood and drain setup?... And if so, can some point me in the direction of a good system to run 4x 100gallon tanks? Or do I have to buy 1 for every res? 4 chillers? Thanks...
I wouldnt worry about a chiller in flood and drain...
Imo....

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I wouldnt worry about a chiller in flood and drain...
Imo....

Cool thanks bro. I was just wondering because I was reading up about a vpd chart and it was saying I wanna stay around 80-85 room temp and around 70-75 humidity for optimal growth. I'm trying to stay In the higher temps because I'm running co2 at 1200-1500 thru out the hour. And that's what temps every1 who's running co2 seems to be at.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I can get my temps lower in mid 70s .... like 70-78 all day but it runs my minisplit too much and drops the humidity to low like 40-50rh. I wanna keep it at 60-75rh for veg. It seems like 80-85f will eat up the co2 more but, my res temp will get higher.... So you think flood and drain don't matter too much like it would in a dwc?

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Cool thanks bro. I was just wondering because I was reading up about a vpd chart and it was saying I wanna stay around 80-85 room temp and around 70-75 humidity for optimal growth. I'm trying to stay In the higher temps because I'm running co2 at 1200-1500 thru out the hour. And that's what temps every1 who's running co2 seems to be at.
I run 84 temps and 65 to 70 % rh in veg with 1200 ppm c02

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I can get my temps lower in mid 70s .... like 70-78 all day but it runs my minisplit too much and drops the humidity to low like 40-50. I wanna keep it at 60-75 for veg. It seems like 80-85f will eat up the co2 more but, my res temp will get higher.... So you think flood and drain don't matter too much like it would in a dwc?
I dont see it being a issue.
No dwc or my UC system it MATTERS.
But not really for f+d..

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I run 84 temps and 65 to 70 % rh in veg with 1200 ppm c02

Awesome. You think its safe for my plants at there age to bump the temp up? Like 82-84f?

For all the guys who been posting and helping. If you are ever in the seattle area. Hmu. I'l give y'all a free 1/8 of some fire for all the help... much love guys, I just wanna thank evry1 =]

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Awesome. Your think its safe for my plants at there age to bump the temp up? Like 82-84f?

For all the guys who been posting and helping. If you are ever in the seattle area. Hmu. I'l give y'all a free 1/8 of some fire for all the help... much love guys, I just wanna thank evry1 =]
Ya no problem...
I always like to make changes gradually...
Sometimes plants can get a lil shock when making radical changes yo temps and rh..

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

So things are moving along fine. im about to enter my second week of flower now and I'm starting to notice alot of fungus gnats flying around. Wtf... what can I do to kill them B4 it gets worst? I herd adding h202 or azamax will help.... After week 2 i stop using voodoo juice, pirahna , and turantula wich are the benificial bacteria and enzemes... is this when i should start using the h202? Because that will kill all my benificial bacteria?
20171016 003407

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Should i wait to finish my second week with all the beenys? Then add h202 to sterilize the roots? And add azamax to slow down their growth (fungus gnats) ? It's all rockwool 6 inch cubes sitting bare on the trays with roots exploding out the bottom of the blocks.... or should i start treating it now. And forget about all the voodoo juice, pirahna, and turantula this week in the res?

All the trays look good and healthy white roots exploding out the bottom of the 6 inch Hugo rockwool cubes on the bare tray. Except for 1 tray. Roots there start looking dark. I'm thinking pythium or fungus gnats larvae doing damage. Should I use azamax and h202 right now? If so... how much should I add per gallon ?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I can get my temps lower in mid 70s .... like 70-78 all day but it runs my minisplit too much and drops the humidity to low like 40-50rh. I wanna keep it at 60-75rh for veg. It seems like 80-85f will eat up the co2 more but, my res temp will get higher.... So you think flood and drain don't matter too much like it would in a dwc?
May I interject here. I'm not sure I agree that rez doesnt need a chiller in ebb n flo unless of course your rez is setup in the groom. Keep in mind that eventually no matter where you start with your rez temps if its in the groom it will reach whatever the room ambient temps are. So if your room gets to 85 your rez will soon be around that temp as well. Most hydro dudes run from 68-70 deg F I do know some that dont run a chiller in hydro and have no issues tho. The school of thought with lower rez temps is cooler water can hold on to more DO (dissolved O2) than warmer water .........When I choose hydro for my grow style I chill my rez. In my opinion one can never have to much DO to the rootzone. Hope this helps some.

But as with all growing we all have styles,skillz and opinions on how best to grow and really at the end of the day its all about what you find works best for you and your application and genetics. peace

Top Bottom