New 2 Hydro Questions & General Chatting About Hydroponics

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont think hes feeding too high....i feed much higher right out the cloner myself but then again not everyone can be g gnome !!! Haha
what ec /ppm do you feed your clones at? I run mine round 400ppm Never had any issues. But like you said we all find what works for each farmer. There can only be 1 Ggnome for sure :D

Do you agree t5's or anything less than HID is his better bet?

G gnome

G gnome

what ec /ppm do you feed your clones at? I run mine round 400ppm Never had any issues. But like you said we all find what works for each farmer. There can only be 1 Ggnome for sure :D

My first feeding outta the cloner is 800ppm 500 scale and i go up from there.....not uncommon for me to get close to 2000ppm late in flower

Mh is fine imo as long as its not too intense but i prefer t5

whitebob

whitebob

shit the bed! can you imagine having two of them the world would most likely implode. just under the extra weight of beard..:D

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Hey thanks guys for all the advise.... its really starting to look better. I will post a pic when i get home. On the road running errands.Took awhile for me to respond. I just got back from a birthday weekend in vegas. First time there. It was pretty fun. I'l post a new pic of the canopy when I get home.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

First pic was last week at 1k Mh. All the other pics are what's it looks like right now.
20170903 141516
It's now nerfed to 600w Mh and raised a couple inches. It's ppm is still at 550 on 500 scale or about 1.1 Ec and the ph is at 5.5 with a water temp still at 74f.... Things are starting to green up. =] THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS..... I will keep you posted with pics and questions.... lol...
20170910 220937
20170910 221101
20170910 221218

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Looks like im getting new green growth... yeaaa. =D So now that things are starting to look a lil better and get back on track... My question is when do I up the ppm? Every week? And by how much 100-200 Per week? When can i go back to 1000w Mh?..... Should I wait another week first? For the guys who run recirculated systems. How often do you guys do a tank change? Every 2week? Or 3weeks?

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

dude thats mint, nice job. As far as the clones go, too much light. I use a 65 watt bulb per 9 clones, I've actually never read the ppms in the cloner i use, but its 5 ml per liter of water i believe, and it holds 6 liters, so 30 ml solution per reservoir, loving those bud shots, what strain is that?

Thanks glad someone enjoys my work... The strains in those pix are a Landrace Afghani, Maui Wowie, DopeSauce = [Starfighter X BigBud], Conspiracy pie aka ConPie = [Conspiracy Kush X Cherry Pie]

The Dopesauce and ConPie are strains I made I myself.

whitebob

whitebob

Looks like im getting new green growth... yeaaa. =D So now that things are starting to look a lil better and get back on track... My question is when do I up the ppm? Every week? And by how much 100-200 Per week? When can i go back to 1000w Mh?..... Should I wait another week first? For the guys who run recirculated systems. How often do you guys do a tank change? Every 2week? Or 3weeks?
looking loads better bud. when i ran recirculated aero system i would try change weekly 2 weekly at the most but that was only a 50 lt. system so not much water to deal with... I've not dealt with mh lights before, i veg under fluorescent for 3 weeks or so then put them under 600w hps.. and as far as ec goes i rarely go over 1.4/1.5 throughout the entire cycle peeking mid way into flower when little flowers are properly starting to stack then taper off towards the end... but thats just me!:D

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Bro, i was so freaked out... lol. I thought they were all gonna die for sure. Shit was getting so yellow and fast.... So happy things are turning around.

I have a 100gal res to every 2 4x4 trays. I will be running 8 trays with 4 100gal res. Should I still be making new batches every week? I plan on running 4x4 pattern on every tray. So 16 6"inch cubes per tray. So 32 6" inch hugo cubes per 100 gal tank. Will I need to flush that often? I only have 120 clones need to make another 28. To fill all my trays if I want 16 on each.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Here's what this rooms look like.... this pic is old so no plants yet in pic. And is missing my two 24000btu mini split a.c. units and my Co2 system in The background but, you get the idea.... I will be adding trellis netting 1 week b4 I start flowering.
20170812 155857
20170817 130516
20170818 134553
20170818 134449
20170818 134621

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Thanks glad someone enjoys my work... The strains in those pix are a Landrace Afghani, Maui Wowie, DopeSauce = [Starfighter X BigBud], Conspiracy pie aka ConPie = [Conspiracy Kush X Cherry Pie]

The Dopesauce and ConPie are strains I made I myself.
I bet that dope sauce is hella heavy cola'd just about anything with big bud will increase the yeild. That star fighter is a great strain, what's the terps like with that cross?

whitebob

whitebob

Here's what this rooms look like.... this pic is old so no plants yet in pic. And is missing my two 24000btu mini split a.c. units and my Co2 system in The background but, you get the idea.... I will be adding trellis netting 1 week b4 I start flowering.View attachment 739428 View attachment 739429 View attachment 739430 View attachment 739431 View attachment 739432
sweet looking space bud wish i had that sort of room to play with.. i would say your best changing your res as often as you can "realistically" i found after a week or so it would get harder to keep ph stable. ( this should be slightly easier with your larger tank sizes) keep your nutes cold and for gods sake make sure you do something from the beginning to stop baddies getting hold in your system pythhoff ,hyrdoguard ect.
I eventually stopped recirculating system and now hand water in coco... (due to battling heat and hydro slime, even with a chiller. i grow in a loft ) and getting awesome results.. stick with it it takes time to dial it all in. if your get your room temp and rh super stable it will help the water a lot...and the plants of course..

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I bet that dope sauce is hella heavy cola'd just about anything with big bud will increase the yeild. That star fighter is a great strain, what's the terps like with that cross?
Yeah the clone of Starfighter I got was so pungent in a gassy, pine, n lemony smell. I new I had to cross it with something. Originally the Starfighter does grow big colas but kinda airy. Bit dammmmm prolly 1 of my top pungent strains I ever run. Anyways.... I decided to cross it with some big bud for 2 reasons. 1 the skunky earthy aroma. 2 massive colas..... What I got from it kinda unexpected. I got a really unique berry, lemony, gassy flavor. All that with fat dense nugs =]

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

sweet looking space bud wish i had that sort of room to play with.. i would say your best changing your res as often as you can "realistically" i found after a week or so it would get harder to keep ph stable. ( this should be slightly easier with your larger tank sizes) keep your nutes cold and for gods sake make sure you do something from the beginning to stop baddies getting hold in your system pythhoff ,hyrdoguard ect.
I eventually stopped recirculating system and now hand water in coco... (due to battling heat and hydro slime, even with a chiller. i grow in a loft ) and getting awesome results.. stick with it it takes time to dial it all in. if your get your room temp and rh super stable it will help the water a lot...and the plants of course..

This is currently what I'm using in my veg
20170911 113007
will it be ok to use the stuff you recommend with beneficial microbes and fungi like piranha and tarantula?

This I what I will be adding later in flower minus a bottle of bud igniter for the first week and overdrive for the final weeks.
20170911 112852

whitebob

whitebob

this is the big decision before you start out are you going for live res or sterile res.. i opted for sterile as that is just kinda how it went... personally i feel if there is too much going on in there bacteria wise it can get messy. and I've such good results with just a simple nutrient line up a bit of pk and some cal mag and some canna zym... and every grow is better.. i would personally start simple then add the other stuff later until your room is dialled in. the plants won't benefit from all the extra goodies if the environment isn't spot on..

whitebob

whitebob

I'm using cana coco 2 parts same bottles for flower and veg. and bit of zym. cal mag and pk when needed.

Top Bottom