Rockwol And Amazing Roots.

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Im posting this because i havent seen anyone else doing it and it is a technique that has really improved my grow.

Any trays that i run i first line with cloning trays for the blocks to sit upon. I do this for two main reasons.

First, i do it for drainage, it helps break the water tension in the cube and they drain around twice as fast as sitting bare on the table.

Secondly, i do it for the ridiculous, fat, white, fur covered root growth.

Rockwol and amazing roots
Rockwol and amazing roots 2
Rockwol and amazing roots 3
Rockwol and amazing roots 4
Rockwol and amazing roots 5
justiceman

justiceman

Woah those are some nice roots man! Great Idea. I wonder If that would work accordingly for smart pots as well.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

oh my Zeus! What are you feeding those little monsters?

xrob415x

xrob415x

Dam bro thats nice. i like the trays you built also. I build my tables too. Do you line them with anything so no mildew grows?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I wanted to go ahead and point out that the plants in the pics are all ready for transplant. This system is not designed to keep plants in for the rest of tier lives. (Though if you want to try it i recommend a coco mat between the plants and the clone trays.)

Its for veg. It grows plants fast and has them ready for transplants as you can see above.

From those pics they can go in soil, coco, rockwol slabs or RDWC with little to no transition.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I'm not quite sure i understand what you're sharing so sorry to be dense. Have you turned over cloning trays in your big trays?

S

Shamrock

Are you going to share how YOU get from a cutting up to this point?

I have tried cloning in blocks and rapid rooters with 0 success. I have almost 100% in an aero cloner and I get really nice roots but your roots put mine to shame lol

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

sure..

This is at about 12 days with nothing but dyna rooting gel and h20...

P

primeform

so you start in smaller cubes then move up to the bigger ones?

would like to say that everything desertsquirrel posts is legit. appreciate your contributions bro.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

so you start in smaller cubes then move up to the bigger ones?

would like to say that everything desertsquirrel posts is legit. appreciate your contributions bro.

Yep. And thanks alot man, i like your work too.

S

Shamrock

Thanks for that. I wasnt trying to be an ass. Just curious and here to learn

So how long do you keep the domes on for? If at all

Those are some badass roots for 12 days

S

Steel Erection

Could I veg that way and then stick them in a table on top of a coco mat?-SE

S

Shamrock

Could I veg that way and then stick them in a table on top of a coco mat?-SE

This is what I would like to do eventually but I cant even get a fn cutting to root in rockwhool.

I did iron work for a minute untill I was offered a job working on cell phone towers. Tower work pays a bit better in my area. I have been doing it for about 5 years now and I love it.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

like i said you can use coco mats. But i have done the side by side and it was the worst way to go.

i recommend slabs... you can see them here...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
DS, are you running drippers ont he rock wool or is that ebb/flow.. Hard to tell from the first pics, thanks..

C

Chilewig

Are you going to share how YOU get from a cutting up to this point?

I have tried cloning in blocks and rapid rooters with 0 success. I have almost 100% in an aero cloner and I get really nice roots but your roots put mine to shame lol
Shamrock, what works for me when rooting in rockwool and Rapid Rooters, Precondition your Rockwool with something like this:

http://www.growsmarthydroponics.com...dftrk=gdfV22646_a_7c984_a_7c3687_a_7cHDROCGAL

Per gallon I also add 1ml Roots Accelerator, 2.5ml Calmg,2.5ml MAd Farmer Nuts and 2.5ml B1

Ph the nutrients to 5.6 and soak the Rockwool for about 30 minutes. Pour off exess Nutrients.

I cut clone off with scissors then razor blade a 45 degree cut on a flat surface.

Set cutting in your clone gel. I cut 6 then plant the 6, not sure if it makes a difference allowing them to sit in the gel a little longer, but it is convienient.

Mist top cover with water on inside. Put on the cover and duct tape around the edge to make a good seal. I also wet a sponge or paper towel and set it on top of the air vents on top of cover. Do not place on concrete floor, the cooler it is, the slower it will root.

After 4 days, I open it, foliar with Dutch Masters 15ml Maxfx and 15ml Folitech Grow and 1ml Calmg.

Retape the cover for 3 more days then open and feed with 30ml Clonex, 2.5ml Calmg, 2.5ml B1, 1ml Roots Accelerator

Put cover back on, but do not retape.

Same process for rapid rooters, but no rockwool preconditioner.

This works 100% of the time, clones never yellow and you don't need to trim off as many leaves. I allow 2 fan leaves on each clone. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom