Small Brown Spots Post Transplant

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Do I think I figured it out and I'm so stupid for this but it just didn't come to mind with everything else.

HUMIDITY!!!!

Humidity used to be in the high 40's which is low but I hoped close enough. Then for some reason of which I can't figure out the humidity dropped to 10%. The problem is it could be lower but that's as low as mine goes, not that 10% isn't bad enough.

Independent of nutrient level a plant can't grow in that kind of environment. Everything I've read explains that this "could" cause every symptom I have. I've already got a bunch more root growth since getting it up and that was in the 30's. I just got a whole house humidifier and it's up to 55% in 2hrs.

What level should it be at 60 -70 veg 50 for flower?

Was I an idiot for missing this large piece of the puzzle, YES! Truth is though I had no idea who important it was until I noticed it and looked it up.

Let the roast begin.

The screwed up leaves won't recover right? I have to pay attention to new growth?

I have my nutes down to 1.2 EC.

S

Shawnery

My roots didn't react the way I wanted but the top of the plant put out an extra set of leaves and a node on each branch over night and they've never done that in the past month. The great thing is the color is bright and lively instead of dark and unhealthy. Still got some old uglies on there but they will fall off over time. Lastly every New growth is completely green with no signs of red in the stems of veins of leaves.

The roots still haven't grown any long roots but it's only been 24hrs. I am finally getting lots of new short roots that appear to finally growing hairs, a month later.

So here's how everything is now.

New exhaust fan, 800cfm instead of 400cfm, on for much much shorter periods of time. I believe this to be one of the reasons my humidity dropped so much. With the old fan it was on all the time so the humidity couldnt build up.

New cool mist humidifier for very large space. Is now keeping my humidity at a constant 55% instead of 10% or less.

Water temps finally down to 66 degrees so no worries about root rot or who knows what else it does.

EC down to 1.4 from 3.0 and it was at 1.2 till I added some calmag. I had removed so much nutrient solution with RO water I felt it needed it.

Room temps range from 75 to 80 during the day to 65 at the lowest at night.

I also have my lights much closer now at about 18 inches with no signs of tip burning and heat stress.

Do you think adding h202 to the humidifier will be enough to stop the spread of mold in the humidifier and in the room? This was the one negative I read about using cool mist humidifiers but the room is already at the limit for heat so a warm humidifier just wouldn't work.

Can't think of anything else. I didn't want to come back to here until I felt I had something worth while to add.

One last thing. There's basically nothing that was suggested that I didn't change to the suggestion of you all. The only two things that I decided to not do or do less was, take photo of roots or lack of and dropping the EC as far as suggested. But EVERY other one was carried out.

The assumption that because I continue to debate a subject and the advice given means that I do not heed said advice could be NO further from the truth. Sometimes people just don't fit the mold we would like them to or the one thst would make things easier but that's only a bad thing if we try to force them into that corner.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!

Wisher619

Wisher619

My roots didn't react the way I wanted but the top of the plant put out an extra set of leaves and a node on each branch over night and they've never done that in the past month. The great thing is the color is bright and lively instead of dark and unhealthy. Still got some old uglies on there but they will fall off over time. Lastly every New growth is completely green with no signs of red in the stems of veins of leaves.

The roots still haven't grown any long roots but it's only been 24hrs. I am finally getting lots of new short roots that appear to finally growing hairs, a month later.

So here's how everything is now.

New exhaust fan, 800cfm instead of 400cfm, on for much much shorter periods of time. I believe this to be one of the reasons my humidity dropped so much. With the old fan it was on all the time so the humidity couldnt build up.

New cool mist humidifier for very large space. Is now keeping my humidity at a constant 55% instead of 10% or less.

Water temps finally down to 66 degrees so no worries about root rot or who knows what else it does.

EC down to 1.4 from 3.0 and it was at 1.2 till I added some calmag. I had removed so much nutrient solution with RO water I felt it needed it.

Room temps range from 75 to 80 during the day to 65 at the lowest at night.

I also have my lights much closer now at about 18 inches with no signs of tip burning and heat stress.

Do you think adding h202 to the humidifier will be enough to stop the spread of mold in the humidifier and in the room? This was the one negative I read about using cool mist humidifiers but the room is already at the limit for heat so a warm humidifier just wouldn't work.

Can't think of anything else. I didn't want to come back to here until I felt I had something worth while to add.

One last thing. There's basically nothing that was suggested that I didn't change to the suggestion of you all. The only two things that I decided to not do or do less was, take photo of roots or lack of and dropping the EC as far as suggested. But EVERY other one was carried out.

The assumption that because I continue to debate a subject and the advice given means that I do not heed said advice could be NO further from the truth. Sometimes people just don't fit the mold we would like them to or the one thst would make things easier but that's only a bad thing if we try to force them into that corner.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!
you are talking people fitting into a mold
but I thought we have been talking about plants the whole time
and since a person dosnt want to do what the plant wants well, that is where the problem stems.
just mt 2 pennies worth

Wisher619

Wisher619

If you can't say something nice why waste mine and your time?

Seriously!
your wasting time brother.
Pretty self centered dont you think.This isnt about you

It's about your poor plants.
We were all collectively telling you what the plants want but you made it about you, " your decisions"
not what is best for the plant, what is best for what you "think" in your mind.
Not trying to say anything negative, quite the contrary. This is called positive critism
and I dont really care if it is needed or asked for
this is a public forum
and I am speaking my opinion

bicky studs

bicky studs

If you can't say something nice why waste mine and your time?

Seriously!
IMG 2457

happy valentines:p

S

Shawnery

I had nutrient lockout and lost 3 plants.

I ended up switching out solution to just ph' d water for a day. Then I slowly added calmag to 150ppm .5 scale. Then slowly added GH micro, grow, bloom but with the Lucas formula feeding chart. Only using micro/bloom at 6ml/9ml per gallon at 450ppm .5 scale. The solution is now at 1EC and the roots in all but one have finally started growing for real. Still nursing one back and not sure if I'll save her but trying.

I've also been foliar feeding Fox Farm Boomerang formula at 100ppm .5 scale once a day. The one plant still deciding to live or not is reacting very well to the Boomerang formula. 2 days after starting the leaves started slowly picking up at the top. Still a long way to go on that one though.

I could have given up, bought new clones and saved a bunch of money on a month of electricity but I honestly believe it was worth it. I've learned so much from this experience that I don't think I would take it back if I could.

Currently my room is as perfect as it can get.

Solution is 2"-3" under the bottom of the net
1EC-500ppm
75-80 day temp
70-75 night temp
60-65 day humidity
60-65 night humidity
65-70 day water temp, mostly 68 though
65-70 night water temp, mostly 68 though

Hydrometer for humidifier
Thermostat for exhaust fan
Heater on night timer
Water heater on night timer