Spectrum King Leds - Anybod Using These?

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Djloud

I already broke down the best case scenario for an SK in post 229.

If you want to see it from SK themselves, it's even worse. 88Tsp/101Tj is not good.

Two wattages shown...44(page5)1 and 453(page15) so I will do them both...they have 91% drivers
441 x 1.09=404w from the leds
453 x 1.09=415w from the leds

Page 10 shows the radiant watts(light energy emitted) at operating temp of 121w

121÷404= 29.95% efficient
121÷415=29.1% efficient

Take off the lens and at best is
121 x 1.06=128...÷404=31%
128÷415=30%
Where did number 441 come from

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@tags420
I am wondering if you could help me with this question.....what is the optimal footprint of a single 3590....so when building a light bar there is a base calculation for placement of each COB....
I understand the thermal output and the necessity for a certain surface area for heat dispersion for each to run optimal....what would the maximum space between each cob be for maximum light spread per bar without creating hot spots or dim areas

Thank you in advance
I was trying to be nice that's why I said 35% lol.

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Djloud

Power W 441.6

@REALSTYLES
???

D

Djloud

for the hps and apache side by side...yes, 12 dream clones from the same mom. vegged 4 weeks under the same light source. Final spaces were 4x4 with extra room to flop a tad.

As for DIY vs apache...I don't need to do a perfect side by side and make my garden take a yield hit by sectioning off the garden(yes...I do care about yield...get over it). The DIY covers more because of the physical size. But does also throw more light overall. But I also put more plants under it. Yield was about the same, specially considering the plant count difference(diy=9 apache=6 plants). about a 50g difference. Nothing that couldn't have gone the other way on a different run or an actual side by side.

View attachment 526143

All comes down to the the light output. I would rather know what that is before I buy anything, so I don't have to hope...I can go in knowing pretty much exactly what it's capable of. LED, HPS, CMH...I don't really care where or what makes the light...I just want as much light as possible(within ideal thresholds). But improvements have been made to the DIY since just the last few runs, CXB upgrade(~15% increase in output), reflectors, driver efficiency increase...the gap is getting bigger. I have moved to COB's for a reason, output being the number one...cost second.
Excuse me for being a newb but when you say pulling 1.5 for every light what does that mean? Like ounces or kilos?
Pounds

D

Djloud

SK and 3590's are very similar and will do the same thing......what I mean by dial in....feeding schedules need to be changed because of the high photons....an hps at best only runs to 40% where as the high end LED's ie SK, 3590 cob,there are a few companys that build COB lights that are badass, run up to 60% effecient which is way more photons per watt of energy consumption.....dial in per light recipe....I have seen to many people killin it with dense nugs.....usually not huge colas but dense all the way down from what I have witnesed.....@km1 i sense your passive agressive tone.....noone is questioning your grow experience or grow quality......
the more photons your plant recieves ....your nutrients have to compensate for higher nutrient conversion.....and from what I have seen you have to run ambient at a higher temp say 80-85.....just my limited knowledge
Yes higher temps and 1300 ppm co2

D

Djloud

If you want to learn...then open your eyes, learn, and research.

SK gives you 400w...so show me where it cost you over 1000$ for a 400w cob panel build???

Now the real story for the actual listeners who want 2 times a SK for less than the SK in the first place...
12 cxb @43=516
3 hlg 240-1750 = 210
3 heatsink= 210
holders=25
fan=30
fan supply=5
Thermal pad= 5
Mics(screws, wire, wago's)2= 25
total of $1026...for literally more than 2 SK's worth of light.
And many of that can be found for less than I listed...all on the safe/expensive side of the estimate. Sinks are the only thing that might add up some additional shipping charges(~45$ for 3 sinks) so still under 1100 worst case scenario.
AGAIN...THIS IS TO BUILD A LIGHT THAT IS 2X AS POWERFUL(800w), as an SK. and being 25-35% more efficient too...so even 2 sk's isn't enough to compete.

Yep, PLC. They been in production, not a new light. 3070 and 3590 is why I showed a range for the cxb builds for each chip respectively. 3070's are still far more efficient than anything in the market. Only a 3-8% increase per watt that tested to go 3590. And per current is basically moot because of the slight voltage difference making different wattages per current, and in the end get the same output per current. With just a 5-10w difference in total pull based on build size. Cost of all components associated with the 3070 are cheaper than 3590, saving even more on the build throughout for many people.
I dont know why u waisted ur time typing all that i could care less. My sk grow is going great end of story. I let the plants tell me how good the light is

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

I dont know why u waisted ur time typing all that i could care less. My sk grow is going great end of story. I let the plants tell me how good the light is
Yeah careless lol fuck what Cree says although they make the diodes for SK hahahaha. You sir are very bright and Cree doesn't understand.

IMG 20160117 155434

IMG 20160118 143135

tags420

tags420

@tags420
I am wondering if you could help me with this question.....what is the optimal footprint of a single 3590....so when building a light bar there is a base calculation for placement of each COB....
I understand the thermal output and the necessity for a certain surface area for heat dispersion for each to run optimal....what would the maximum space between each cob be for maximum light spread per bar without creating hot spots or dim areas

Thank you in advance
It all depends on drive current/power. The height needed will be reflected in that too so it is all something that you need to test. As well as the interaction at different levels with different optics...in different configuration.
I have shown some 1400ma footprints in my RIU thread as well as robincnn has a thread with a few different cobs at 12 and 18".
As well as what you define as "covering" and area. My intensity thresholds might be different than others.

9-18" diameter driven 50w-90w is a rough start.

So when hard evidence facts are put in front of your face, you go the..."no, you're a..." response. Very mature man.

I have put all the facts in front of you and never once questioned what you are doing with what you have. Only shown what is better because you asked and I hate to see BS that you were attempting to spew. You now know there is better and why you are building one now, or plan to. Your welcome. Keep acting like your mind is not blown. Can't wait to hear you rave about "your light" after you build it.
How many fucks do I give what you do?...ABSOLUTELY ZERO!!!!

D

Djloud

It all depends on drive current/power. The height needed will be reflected in that too so it is all something that you need to test. As well as the interaction at different levels with different optics...in different configuration.
I have shown some 1400ma footprints in my RIU thread as well as robincnn has a thread with a few different cobs at 12 and 18".
As well as what you define as "covering" and area. My intensity thresholds might be different than others.

So when hard evidence facts are put in front of your face, you go the..."no, you're a..." response. Very mature man.

I have put all the facts in front of you and never once questioned what you are doing with what you have. Only shown what is better because you asked and I hate to see BS that you were attempting to spew. You now know there is better and why you are building one now, or plan to. Your welcome. Keep acting like your mind is not blown. Can't wait to hear you rave about "your light" after you build it.
Im sick of people taking me the wrong way. Im just showing my great results. And i probly will have better when i build a light because it will be me that built it. U dont know me man and to suggest im lieing about anything is lame.

tags420

tags420

Im sick of people taking me the wrong way. Im just showing my great results. And i probly will have better when i build a light because it will be me that built it. U dont know me man and to suggest im lieing about anything is lame.
Show me where I said you lied?...and where I said you were doing something the wrong way?

All I have done is show a better option...cause you asked....and never once did I say that you need to use it. Only that it is better and available.
If the fact that something is out there better and you're not using it implies that you should be...that is your own issue to deal with in your head. But that is not what I said or told you to do.

All the major companies I listed in the first general responses are all ahead of SK too and why they were put as options before DIY. You started this by quoting a year old post. So carry on with whatever the fuck you want to do...whicih wil be what we showed you here then will claim as "your own idea".
Just know when someone says there is better....there is.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

There is no way an sk is only 35% efficient. I have a light meter and it puts out a ton of light.
85lm per watt is very low
I get double that with little effort I also own a par meter and have the correction codes

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

Results dont lie. I figured i would show a pic with the sk in it

That's some pretty yellow light. Looks like the SK is being used as supplemental. As far as COBs go, people are getting much more efficiency out of them than regular 3 and 5 watt diodes. Plus not everyone has an extra 4 feet of vertical space to hang an SK, whereas COB lights tend to be pretty low profile.

iceman3000

iceman3000

ok now im well over a yr and a half into led's will say sk400 are not worth the money flat out! just got done with a 1200w (6) bar build for less then the cost of 2 sk 400 and pick up 2 plc cx 300 for great price will be running 2 plc cx300 over a 3x6 tray and 3 bars of diy over 4x4 tray and bet i hit the same # but can tell you its way ezer to just pay the extra few bucks and get the cx300 if they pull with in the same range of 1.5 gpw as the diy

D

Djloud

And if u don't give a fuck about what I'm doing then why do u keep posting nonsense. U got this bullshit started now I'm gonna be the bigger man and end it. Peace out to u and have a good and prosperous life.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Not trying to stir the pot but dude, you should smoke and just chill.Nobody was attacking you, they were only stating facts.

D

Djloud

Not trying to stir the pot but dude, you should smoke and just chill.Nobody was attacking you, they were only stating facts.
I think i might have had him mixed up with another post that was talkin shit about my pics and calling me a lier. If im wrong i apologise. Im not a hot head.

Top Bottom