Sport Hunting

• Thread starter geologic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I've only grown 1,set of seeds that I couldnt force to hermy through environment or maturity.........I have male pollen (from a reg male) stored of that run....
To hermy is innate ability in all pot plants , if anyone disagrees it would be a first for me
I believe all pot plants are asexual and can hermy
If not through environment then through chemical

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
To hermy is innate ability in all pot plants , if anyone disagrees it would be a first for me. I believe all pot plants are asexual and can hermy
One of those things I find it hard to make a definite statement about but I tend to agree that is the most practical perspective. Instead of actually trying to breed out intersex genes, I'm trying to breed in stress-resistance or whatever prevents them from showing the intersex traits. Basically trying to avoid having to breed it out by selecting against it already in the initial phase (creating variation from which later is selected to create a strain).

@geologic: you asked if they were recessive, which means they can reappear after disappearing so just wanted to make sure it wasn't specifically the whorled that showed intersex after you eradicated them. First two hermies I've seen in 7 years (though not growing constantly) were my strong whorled so just checking :)

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
you asked if they were recessive, which means they can reappear after disappearing so just wanted to make sure it wasn't specifically the whorled that showed intersex after you eradicated them. First two hermies I've seen in 7 years (though not growing constantly) were my strong whorled so just checking :)
I've had very few hermaphrodites this whole time here;
none of them, ever, were Whorled Phyllotaxy--
or Faciated plants...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I plan on using fem mothers to reg fathers again soon maybe we could start a thread and show our results...
Sounds good,
but you indoor folks can go through many generations before I'll see any results--
a year from now...

Ever after

Ever after

your over feeding thats what why the you are having the crinkled leaves and leaves deformed thats pretty simple to learn about nutrient over dose and what it looks like thats super easy to figure out and plants have like 100 times as much DNA than we do so messing with nutrients and chemicals that the plant eats makes that happen easily and alot easier and happens alot more than a human because they have 100 times as much dna and 100 more ways to mutate you should read a book or something its all there this stuff you learn in like first year of growing bud

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
You beat me to it.
I was gonna ask: "who are you talking to, is this a misplaced post intended for a different thread;
are you basing all that on one or two leaves from last year, Huh, What???"

A hundred times as much DNA;
learn somethin' new every day--
Heh...

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

I gotta say...I just started reading this from the beginning, speeding through it till the end, then, all the sudden, post #246 happens. Still breathing heavy from all the laughing.

Very interesting topic though guys, I love how this site makes me think!

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
A link to this was just posted in the Hawaii thread,
this is a huge crock of shit--
folks need to jump on this quick...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Use Anti-GMO Ordinances to Seize Marijuana Plants:

A Guide for Police Departments

by Andrew Walden

Growing most potent strains of marijuana is now a crime again under newly enacted county ordinances on Kauai and the Big Island. If Maui County follows suit and passes a proposed ordinance modeled on the Kauai law, marijuana growers will be subject to stiff new penalties there as well. The changes are due to the recent enactment of anti-GMO legislation by county councils. In all three anti-GMO bills, "gene doubling" is expressly identified as a form of genetic modification subject to the law. The most potent forms of marijuana are modified by a primitive genetic modification technique which involves soaking the seeds in colchicine—a carcinogenic derivative of crocus bulbs--until the DNA doubles (or even quadruples) which in turn doubles or quadruples the production of THC. This method produces the highest potency marijuana varieties and the seeds commonly sold by online vendors.

In Kauai County, (and potentially Maui County) marijuana growers raising GMO varieties of marijuana are required to register "no later than sixty (60) days following the end of each calendar year" -- March 2, 2014. They must report "a general description of each genetically modified organism, a general description of the geographic location including at minimum the Tax Map Key and ahupua’a where each genetically modified organism is being grown or developed, and dates that each genetically modified organism was initially introduced to the land in question."

Failure to report the site of GMO marijuana grow op(s) will result in "a civil fine of $10,000-$25,000 per day, per violation" and "shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not more than two-thousand dollars ($2,000.00), or imprisoned not more than one (1) year, or both, for each offense. The continuance of any violation after conviction shall be deemed a new criminal offense for each day that the violation or violations continue."

Note that the $10,000 per day fine is a mandatory daily minimum—40 days of violations on one TMK results in a minimum of $400K or a maximum of $1,000,000 in fines—usually enough to justify seizing a grower’s house and land.

The only way marijuana growers can avoid these fines is to register the location and ownership of their grow-ops.

In Hawaii County anti-GMO Bill 113 became effective with Mayor Billy Kenoi’s signature December 5, 2013. Its requirements are different than the law on Kauai and the bill proposed for Maui. For instance "no person shall knowingly engage in the open air cultivation, propagation, development, or testing of genetically engineered crops or plants." This prohibits all outdoor grow-ops including those operating within medical marijuana limits.

Indoor grow-ops on the Big Island will be subject to registration requirements or a $1000 per day fine effective March 5, 2014:

"All persons engaged in any form of cultivation, propagation, development, or indoor testing of genetically engineered crops or plants of any kind shall register annually beginning within ninety days of the effective date of this article, and shall pay an annual registration fee of $100 per location….

"Any person who violates any provision of this article shall be guilty of a violation, and upon conviction thereof, shall be sentenced to a fine of up to $ 1,000 for each separate violation. The person shall be deemed to be guilty of a separate offense for each and every day a violation of this article is committed, continued, or permitted for each location. To the extent permitted by law, the person found in violation of this article shall also be responsible for all costs of investigation and testing, as well as for court costs, including but not limited to witness fees and witness expenses."

For police departments and prosecutors, the challenge will be distinguishing genetically modified marijuana while in the field. Fortunately, there are simple guidelines available such as this one which comes from a respected Canadian mail order seed vendor:

Polyploid Traits (Click trait for image):

Ducksfoot

Four sets of leaves at the nodes

Stretched (doubled) flowers

Dark green leaves

Double bud sites

Heavy feeder

High water consumption

Thick meristem

Pistil discoloration (pink pistils under black light)

Extreme potency

Vigour and extra growth on first generation

VIDEO: Every strain shown in this video is GMO.

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/11319/How-to-Use-Anti-GMO-Ordinances-to-Seize-Marijuana-Plants-A-Guide-for-Police-Departments.aspx

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's sounds like it doesn't have to be anything.....if you don't register....they use this to say you have this and that up to taking everything you have because , not registering

blackmail, entrapment, and capitalistic communism

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
It's sounds like it doesn't have to be anything.....if you don't register....they use this to say you have this and that up to taking everything you have because , not registering
blackmail, entrapment, and capitalistic communism
That is an article in a rag of a newspaper written by a hack "reporter" offering a new way for LE to bust people,
I imagine he studied Nancyreganism in high school;
this is his scientific source--
BillyBud...

===========================================================================

BillyBudd Premium Marijuana Seeds and Elite Clones

Polyploidy

Origins of Pink Kush, OG Kush, Chemdog:

During my research of polyploid cannabis. I have come up with what I believe to be the initial source of this super weed. UBC Professor David Suzuki, doing genetic research (1977), created a polyploid plant (tetraploid) by treating it with colchicine based upon the work of Menzel/Brown and Warmke. This plant was originally a hybrid of Thai (sativa) x Purple Afghani (indica) and was then treated with Colchicine (Autumn Locus bulb). There are certainly other clones that were created by other breeders, especially in Hawaii, but the initial commercial tetraploid was developed in B.C. by the Canadian Government and UBC for Cancer patients. I would estimate that the THC content of polyploids to be well over 30% and maybe up to 40% if grown correctly. Fully grown mother tetraploid plants have been known to sell for $10,000. Clones have been known to sell for $1,000 in the past compared to the standard $5-7 range for diploid clones. Tetraploids are extremely difficult to clone (10-20%) unless special care is taken. The end product is far superior to anything commercially available and even compared to excellent connosseur diploid product due to the doubling of THC.

The resulting F1 hybrid seeds were then grown out and used for cancer patients at UBC. Somebody stole one of the clones that the Canadian Government and David Suzuki had created. It became famous and was then re-created and sold out east as Diesel and as OG Kush on the west coast and as Chemdog in Colorado. These were all colchicine treated plants based upon their work and the popularity of UBC Chemo.

My understanding is that some clones were stolen. This would make more sense. Diploid and Tetraploid crosses produce Triploids that are infertile due to chromosome mismatch. These are known as "Terminator Seeds" (e.g. Diablos Pink Kush) as customers must buy seeds for each crop due to infertility. The resulting generations of seeds will be diploid. Triploids can be treated again, with Colchicine, to create a Hexaploid. This can be then crossed with a tetraploid or diploid to produce tetraploid plants again.

How To Identify Polyploids:
You can identify a polyploid be mere physical appearance and no need to examine the chromosones. Most people have never grown or smoked these real legendary plants. The gangters rap about OG Kush because they had the money to buy this extremely rare connoisseur product. Most product out there is just "wangsta OG".

Polyploid Traits:

Ducksfoot

Four sets of leaves at the nodes

Stretched (doubled) flowers

Dark green leaves

Double bud sites

Heavy feeder

High water consumption

Thick meristem

Pistil discoloration (pink pistils under black light)

Extreme potency

Crooked looking plant providing a Bonsai appearance

Larger stomata

Thicker leaves

If your plant (OG Kush or Chemo or Pink Kush or Chem Dawg or Master Kush) does not have four sets of leaves at the nodes then it is NOT a true polyploid plant and it not the real deal. UBC Chemo is a polypolid and had four leaf internodes. These tetraploid cuttings have different names but are believed to all be the famous polyploids named OG Kush, Pink Kush, Chemdog, Diesel, Master Kush etc. These are really heavy feeders due to the double size buds and double the number of leaves and buds and THC glands. This plant is very strange and has a chemical smell to it. UBC Chemo, for example, has a Haze and Kush taste due to the Thai sativa and Afghani indica influences. Polyploid plants are almost twice as strong as diploid plants due to the doubling of THC molecules. These plants are extremely difficult to clone and grow very slowly due to the doubling of leaves unless fed correctly. Water consumption is extremely high. If it only has two leaves then it is a normal diploid and will not have the same effect as the three molecule THC of a polyploid. Three leaves does not necessarily mean it is polyploid as it could be just whorled phyllotaxis (just created by stress, removing leaves and the subsequent regeneration of leaves is deformed). Four leaves does mean polyploid. Triploids, being sterile, must be treated to create hexaploids. These hexapolid can then be used to create seeds that will be polyploids.

WARNING: Colchicine is a extremely toxic alkaloid and is highly poisonous. Long term contact can result in white blood cell anomolies. You cannot smoke a plant that has been treated, post germination, with Colchicine. You can only consume the grown out product of the seeds. You can smoke product that was treated prior to germination. Selective breeding is not genetically modified cannabis. This is genetically modified pot as it was altered at the chromosonal level. Never treat a plant with Colchicine as it will become toxic and will eventually revert to diploid with further treatment. You are changing the molecular structure dynamically and none of the product can be consumed. The correct way is to treat the seeds.

G-13 The story on this is that it was created by the University of Mississippi under the aegis of the infamous Carlton Turner. Apparently this cannot be true as U of M never did genetic engineering. If you Google G-13 you will find it is made by Suzuki. Well David Suzuki did create a GM Genetically Modified plant - Chemo. What letter is the 13th letter of the alphabet? M. So we have G-13 or GM for genetically modified and made by Suzuki. Sounds like an great code name to me. I strongly suspect that G-13 is just the Chemo clone and yet another name for it. UPDATE May 11, 2014: David Suzuki denies ever having made that plant and an old friend of mine believes that the Chemo actually came from the University of Washington.

I was offered a cutting of the Chemo plant in Ontario back in the mid 1980's. I had been transferred from B.C. when the recession hit. Several other people from B.C. went to Ontario as well in search of work. We brought out seeds, clones and technology with us. There was a guy who ran a Hydroponics store in Toronto that had the Chemo clone for sale. I cannot remember the price but it was FAR too much money. I did not comprehend the value of this plant at that time and thought he was crazy. Now, after having seen it, I understand.

Famous Tetraploids:

UBC Chemo

OG Kush

Master Kush

Pink Kush

Tetraploid marijuana plants have a real dank smell. It is really obvious when you know what you are looking for. I do not recommend growing these plants out as they take far too long to vegetate and require more attention, food and water than normal diploid plants. They could be used in a Sea of Green method but you are really relying on the genetics and not on proper plant development of hormones for optimal THC production. The resulting product is not nearly as good as a full grown plant but it is not bad for the Sea of Green method which normally produces mediocre marijuana at best. If you want to try some triploid Diablos Pink Kush seeds then check out the Seeds

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
GanjaLover

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am loving your yard, geo!

My son is out in the desert with my folks this last month, he's always geeked out on weather, especially anomalies. He told me the other day that they had the remnants of a hurricane blowing through, looks like we're getting the final remnants of that (feels like it, too! totally tropical up here right now).

Top Bottom