Stop The Bro Science Behind Molasses And Other Organic Stuff

• Thread starter Hpo777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

ah if you put coco in the woods, what is the impact? how it is changing the local conditions?. I never saw a coconut tree growing in a forest before....what happens to forest soils when they get top dressed with cocomedia?

What's the impact? Absolutely nothing. At all. 12 gallons of coco coir is irrelevant.

You can even come up here in your Prius and give it a look if you're concerned

Ecompost

Ecompost

eco im gonna try something ,not sure if it works ,but wont know if not trying,i gonna make about a cup of rice and cover it with paper towel and sit it in with my potato plants and sweet potato,see if i can get some imo out there what you think
Root veg have lots of minerals typically, they also grow in fairly shitty soil from a nutrient perspective, so we use them as plants in the end of rotations. they typically have lots of useful PSB, SRB, KSB and Siderophores of various types which you might collect

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Root veg have lots of minerals typically, they also grow in fairly shitty soil from a nutrient perspective, so we use them as plants in the end of rotations. they typically have lots of useful PSB, SRB, KSB and Siderophores of various types which you might collect
ya i was gonna collect from both potato species,compost pile,and that one mushroom ive found,im still leery about sticking my hand in that opening at bottom of tree,,hahahah supose to get in 50's next week be a good time,if there one in there it will be slow moving hahah,live in the country,lmao,im really interested in all this,kinda cool in my mind,havent cause family stuff,almost lost mother in law twice this week and there doing surgery on her as i write,,so been slow moving

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

well my potato and sweet potato arent going to make cause of weather,so ive decided when i harvest them im gonna make fpj from them,should get enough to start a feed with it and see if i like the results,my LAB tried to explode on me,hahah lids to tight,i added more brown sugar to calm it down,lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I am not concerned chap, its your country. But the honest answer is you have no idea what its doing, but you hope nothing
this is the distraction we talk of this morning bro like a duck back slide right off,for shits and giggles,but back to organics kamino can be used as a foilar at anytime right,im getting a cal mag issue and been fighting it with it,,i got egg shells i can make calcium and phosphate from,but yellowing bettween veins tells me mag too if you dig

Ecompost

Ecompost

ya i was gonna collect from both potato species,compost pile,and that one mushroom ive found,im still leery about sticking my hand in that opening at bottom of tree,,hahahah supose to get in 50's next week be a good time,if there one in there it will be slow moving hahah,live in the country,lmao,im really interested in all this,kinda cool in my mind,havent cause family stuff,almost lost mother in law twice this week and there doing surgery on her as i write,,so been slow moving
check out the prickly pear pad cactus, water saving tip I posted on GG's outdoor super soil thread.Perfect for country boys like you in the high heat. if you cant get horse shit, collect some of the deer shit bro, this will be perfect too

Ecompost

Ecompost

this is the distraction we talk of this morning bro like a duck back slide right off,for shits and giggles,but back to organics kamino can be used as a foilar at anytime right,im getting a cal mag issue and been fighting it with it,,i got egg shells i can make calcium and phosphate from,but yellowing bettween veins tells me mag too if you dig
yes you can foliar KAMINO to boost Mg levels but be careful you havent got so much Ca its bullying your Mg out, do you have any kelp? if you mix the two you will be sure to hit your Ca and Mg, or add some woodash top dress or even a leaf mold compost, you might also use Nano breathe which is calmag and iron plus CO2.
KAMINO is chelates mate, Amino Acid Chelates, so it should work fast to corect the issue, but bear in mind, if you already have lots of ca, you may get issues with other cations. Calcium is bubba sparks, where Mg is more slim shady, they both rap but one is a shit load heavier so if its a tug of war, or fight to take the last spot on the clay, Bubba might squash the other one if you feel me :)

refer to this mate http://soilanalyst.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/APAL-PLANT-NUTRIENT-INTERACTIONS-July-08.pdf

Ecompost

Ecompost

It's doing about as much to the woods as a wet fart does to the ozone.
facts on flatus production in normal healthy humans to understand what a wet fart is. I am big on details mate.
Total daily volume ranged from 476 to 1491 ml (median 705 ml). Women and men (both n = 5) expelled equivalent amounts. The median daily flatus hydrogen volume was 361 ml/24 h (range 42-1060) and the carbon dioxide volume 68 ml/24 h (range 25-116), three volunteers produced methane (3, 26, and 120 ml/24 h), and the remaining unidentified gas (presumably nitrogen) or gases contributed a median 213 ml/24 h (range 61-476). Larger volumes of flatus were produced after meals than at other times. Flatus produced at a faster rate tended to contain more fermentation gases. Flatus was produced during the sleeping period, but the rate was significantly lower than the daytime rate (median 16 and 34 ml/h respectively). Ingestion of a 'fibre free' diet (Fortisip) for 48 hours significantly reduced the total volume collected in 24 hours (median 214 ml/24 h), reduced the carbon dioxide volume (median 6 ml/24 h), and practically eradicated hydrogen production. The volume of unidentified gas was not significantly affected (median 207 ml/24 h). Thus fermentation gases make the highest contribution to normal flatus volume. A 'fibre free' diet eliminates these without changing residual gas release of around 200 ml/24 h.
http://gut.bmj.com/content/32/6/665.long

Hpo777

Hpo777

Hey @Ecompost, where does marijuana sit in terms of a succession level? It grows near Afghanistan and is a "weed" but still benefits from mycoryzal? Would this make it post or pre myco? Just trying to get an idea so I can adjust my soil according. Example is like trying to grow kale in a fungal dominate soil...itd be poop compared to a pre mycorrhizal dominate soil. Just wondering where cannabis sits along the succession line.

Farmer P

Farmer P

facts on flatus production in normal healthy humans to understand what a wet fart is. I am big on details mate.
Total daily volume ranged from 476 to 1491 ml (median 705 ml). Women and men (both n = 5) expelled equivalent amounts. The median daily flatus hydrogen volume was 361 ml/24 h (range 42-1060) and the carbon dioxide volume 68 ml/24 h (range 25-116), three volunteers produced methane (3, 26, and 120 ml/24 h), and the remaining unidentified gas (presumably nitrogen) or gases contributed a median 213 ml/24 h (range 61-476). Larger volumes of flatus were produced after meals than at other times. Flatus produced at a faster rate tended to contain more fermentation gases. Flatus was produced during the sleeping period, but the rate was significantly lower than the daytime rate (median 16 and 34 ml/h respectively). Ingestion of a 'fibre free' diet (Fortisip) for 48 hours significantly reduced the total volume collected in 24 hours (median 214 ml/24 h), reduced the carbon dioxide volume (median 6 ml/24 h), and practically eradicated hydrogen production. The volume of unidentified gas was not significantly affected (median 207 ml/24 h). Thus fermentation gases make the highest contribution to normal flatus volume. A 'fibre free' diet eliminates these without changing residual gas release of around 200 ml/24 h.
LOL.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

check out the prickly pear pad cactus, water saving tip I posted on GG's outdoor super soil thread.Perfect for country boys like you in the high heat. if you cant get horse shit, collect some of the deer shit bro, this will be perfect too
got plenty of deer shit,they sleep on the place,i just happen to have a stable down the road a bit for horse shit,cant ever find the guy outside though,one thing for sure dont just walk up to a door here,better luck at life if your invited hahahah,,but since i been here i noticed that thursday and sunday is when every one comes to ride there horses,,that suggestion has been on the plate since i got here,just cant find the owner out,,i would love about 3 truckloads of the stuff and let it compost over winter,,they all use pine shavings for beding so it will need to cook ,i sure dont wont ecoli splashing on my plants lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hahahahahah damn

brazel

brazel

Hey brother, good to see you about. The peer reviewed science behind teas be it aerated or not is very limited and I would agree with you that we need to be able to identify what it is we are really brewing.

There are many claims as to the efficacy and miracles of AACT but very little science/studies to back up the claims.

Here is a great article covering AACT's aka compost tea. Good read and explains some of the difficulties of doing the research to document just what the benefits are using tea's. We are still a long way away fromhaving definitive answer behind the science and benefits of using teas.

As well there are also some dangers in the misuse and using teas that we have no idea what pathogens we may be brewing. Heres the article. Enjoy..........

Compost tea: Examining the science behind the claims

Linda Chalker-Scott, Ph.D. Extension Horticulturist and Associate Professor, Puyallup Research and Extension Center, Washington State University

Here is the link for the paper. https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/compost-tea-4.pdf

Here is another link concerning the perceived efficacy of using teas as a pesticide. You know we have all seen the claims...........
https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/compost-tea.pdf

And a link concerning using teas as a disease suppressor
https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/compost-tea-2.pdf

I read those and the problem lies in the commercial industry and growers.
They use inadequate ingredients or sale complete bullshit. You need really good compost preferably compost that you made and a microscope. You got to use it immediately, that's why I don't understand how grow stores sell it brewed.

I'm stoked to see reports from universities and not high times.
There is some misinformation in those papers thou. If you have, and are using a microscope, brewing at home... then you're good to go

The KIS brewers are extremely easy to set up and use, very easy to clean, and make great teas by extracting all the species of bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and nematodes present in the compost into the tea. Using the right resources, the KIS brewer can get fantastic fungal biomass growing in their tea maker. Using the KIS starter foods and compost, we have never seen the KIS brewer have a problem maintaining aeration. Even if “poor compost” has been used, where E.coli and other pathogens were in high numbers, these problem organisms have been dropped to less than detectable levels by the proper use of this machine.”

~Dr. Elaine Ingham, Soil Microbiologist

From the instant I got my KIS brewer, I knew it was going to be fun. The instructions were so simple that I set it up in about three minutes and turned it on before I went to bed. I used the tea in our greenhouse the very next morning (14 hours later instead of 12, but that was only because I slept in!). It was a fine looking brew with a great smell, good feel, and excellent color. I was quite sure my plants would appreciate it and I couldn’t wait until the snow melted and I could get our and use the KIS-made compost tea on our gardens and lawns.

Am I pleased with my KIS? Just try and take it away from me.

Thanks for this important machine. It will change the world. I know it has changed the way we garden here in Alaska.”

~Jeff Lowenfels

I use a brixx meter

brazel

brazel

What's the impact? Absolutely nothing. At all. 12 gallons of coco coir is irrelevant.

This is complete shit! How could you grow a plant and enjoy medicating with that plant and then turn around and shit on other plants!? Absolutely nothing. At all. Really!? I mean seriously... no one is forcing you to do anything, you decide the way of life you want to live!
With that luxury I find it very sad, you choose to be ignorant! Do better, be better, kindness matters.

Your mentality adds up with all the other people that share the same mentality.

Now we have thousands of people... oh 12 gallons don't matter. Well guess what, it does! You peeing on the ground matters! Not walking on the trail matters! All the shit in your coco matters!

How can you accept a gift from nature and shit on it at the same time.

Do better!

Top Bottom