Stop The Bro Science Behind Molasses And Other Organic Stuff

• Thread starter Hpo777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Northern lights from nirvana. Cost a whopping $2.
Indica! And that's why I'm not I cannabis whisper. The leaf structure does look on the sativa side though.

Haven't puffed on that in years many many years the very first strain I grew was Romulan X cotton candy I ordered it from Marc Emery seeds Direct in the Cannabis Culture magazine.

brazel

brazel

Screenshot 20171028 184207

Ecompost

Ecompost

how is the harvest coming along brother,i aint getting squat done on this side of world,lmao
so far we have 106kg of Walnuts from 3 trees and there is still about 33% left to take. I am super happy about this as we didnt get any last year since we cut the trees to control the growth. We had 4018kg Almonds shelled and dried.
My plan to increase the ripening of the Valencia Late oranges seem to be working OK. We lost some stock in the testing process through an increased rate of sugar uptake after heavy rainfall, causing about 5% of the fruit to split at the navel. This is a tweak in timing rather than anything we need to do with the treatments. its a Calcium timing issue which needs to be corrected in May in the cycle of growth so we allow for faster skin development and so reducing the stress point in the navel in case we get any more late summer heavy rain/ storms.
We just installed some new sensors to help collect data on the local conditions and this will help me work the irrigation rates closer to the ideal. Plus it will shut off the system based on updates from local weather stations, so hoping this will counter the excess water in the system since we didnt get the irrigation right this year. hands up, we fucked it up, but then we didnt have the granularity in the timer. it was a legacy system here when I arrived and we are slowly changing it out, but this can only be done out of capital generated locally, so its poco poco mate.

hope everything is good your side and say hi to mama and the kids

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hey @Ecompost, where does marijuana sit in terms of a succession level? It grows near Afghanistan and is a "weed" but still benefits from mycoryzal? Would this make it post or pre myco? Just trying to get an idea so I can adjust my soil according. Example is like trying to grow kale in a fungal dominate soil...itd be poop compared to a pre mycorrhizal dominate soil. Just wondering where cannabis sits along the succession line.
I would argue its a dominant grassland crop, so i use a base soil that is 0.8:1 - 1.5. :-) B:F

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hey @Ecompost, where does marijuana sit in terms of a succession level? It grows near Afghanistan and is a "weed" but still benefits from mycoryzal? Would this make it post or pre myco? Just trying to get an idea so I can adjust my soil according. Example is like trying to grow kale in a fungal dominate soil...itd be poop compared to a pre mycorrhizal dominate soil. Just wondering where cannabis sits along the succession line.
The specialized biology of primers in relation to different MJ is something we need to research more I think mate :-)
perhaps the status of indica, versus sativa would be adequately described based on the subtle biological primers that may be shared, or not between the two? otherwise for me its all just MJ and location which makes it grow differently, which means there is no such thing as indica and sativa right. For example, I can take two clones from one mum, and grow them in the same media, but change the RH% and temps etc and i get two plants that look so different no one would say they are related until we do a DNA test.
I have never been out to see what wild microbes exist on the root structures of wild mountain weed in Afghanistan and i doubt strain hunters ever bothered to look during hunts for seeds.
I think once we truly understand the sum total communities of microbes reference MJ, where ever it grows, we might be able to make the plant we buy which might be more normally grown in anion positive soils in say Hawaii, or found growing in flatland bowls in say Thailand, or up the side of a mountain in Pakistan, resemble the natural form. May be its really dependent on specialized microbes founded in localized environments, and so the actual quality and character can never be mimicked indoors or in another location, but we might just get close enough to suit us. :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

to add, if we have a human baby, during its formation and growth in the womb, countless protein cascades are initiating multiple design instructions which manifest in the organic form that resembles us at the end of the chain. However, there are many points at which errors in the code of life can occur. More often than not, these errors do not cause us to blue screen during formation as a fetus, but they often result in all manner of disability. some temporary some life long. Ultimately, what i am saying is, we can suffer many instances of code failure before life is terminated or not possible. So it must also be possible that our plants can form relationships with microbes that might be less than perfect, but still result in life to the best of its ability. Is this the MJ we want, or is it what we get via a lack of perfect conditions? Do any of us even know the difference? I am not sure i do :-)
yes I am very stoned :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

got plenty of deer shit,they sleep on the place,i just happen to have a stable down the road a bit for horse shit,cant ever find the guy outside though,one thing for sure dont just walk up to a door here,better luck at life if your invited hahahah,,but since i been here i noticed that thursday and sunday is when every one comes to ride there horses,,that suggestion has been on the plate since i got here,just cant find the owner out,,i would love about 3 truckloads of the stuff and let it compost over winter,,they all use pine shavings for beding so it will need to cook ,i sure dont wont ecoli splashing on my plants lmao
no do ask before he shoots you buddy. if you have been smoking too much White blaze, he might see your slow walk as the gait of a zombie and who knows what shit might occur then

Ecompost

Ecompost

soybeans are a legume. They literally fix their own nitrogen from the air.

Corn is a grain. It's also a dynamic accumulator so if you put the 2 side by side they would feed one another.

Corn is also closely related to grass. Grain ya know?
true that, but in order to use the Nitrogen fixed by a legume, one must have sufficient P and Ca in the system to kick start any cover. Critically Ca levels and the presence of related bacteria, say Frankia et al, since it is this that is used to kick start Nodule formation of those legume types, and so bridge the N to the clays where it might then be beneficial to other companion plants in real time, rather than having to wait for the material to decay before its live for use.
Nodule forming legumes, use the same bacterial Ca oscillations during symbiosis as Mycorrhizae.
The addition of grasses and grains is a encouraging the presence of this root fungus family, and the combination of decomposition would over time boost N, P and Ca fertility and help future microbe interactions, while a living companion community with a working soil system would enable a 30%+ reduction in N levels over the course of what is an annual crop cycle.
We are typically removing the bulk of the bio mass with regards our target crop and so we should always measure the potential of our system so ensure we have adequate reserves of Carbon and N and mitigate natural declines via fertility management practice.

What is the consequence of extended use of legumes in fixed soil system? What does everyone think about large colonies of Frankia to replace N inputs??

Ecompost

Ecompost

The father of NPK, later on in life said he made a grave mistake.
Read his words in the link below

http://www.doctorsbeyondmedicine.com/listing/science-has-a-lesson-to-learn
the father of synthetic manures said.....he didnt deride NPK, merely the synthetic forms of it and his mistake of seeing soil as a shelf for his chemistry set.
Its less about NPK all of this. I keep trying to say, its CHNOPS not NPK, and its microbes and feed back loops that determine if we have the right soil for the right plant at the right time. if we grow X plant over and over and over, what does this mean. Ok so now what does it mean one day to the next, how does soil change as our plants grow, how does this impact the biology, what can we do to maintain ideal conditions at the interface in a simple to follow way which allows food freedoms for anyone who wants to have a go, and feed the world in light of the simple facts, most food crops suffer a drop in harvest when switched to true organics, which will drive up the prices of food and make access to it even harder for many, who shops at organic food markets nowadays, do they even take food stamps?? Forget about dismissing others and work on providing solutions to the real problems we have and make any solution accessible to the many, either by sharing or by caring or by doing for the greater good if this is your thing. We all know whats wrong in our hearts, but if we have energy to spend then we might use it to see if we can overcome the real issues people have growing consistent and quality bud.
banging on about one method being the best is worthless. Finding solutions to the problems we all face is the best way to use energy in this space. Anyone that ever followed a dude whose name was "Liebig", is a fucking twerp anyway in my mind, but I am organic, always have been. Added I am not a dope, i acknowledge the shortfalls in organics and these are real, not fabricated to keep you buying man made manures i dont sell. Its the reason behind me, why I set up BOX to try to find answers to this missing% food or meds without harming tomorrow's outcomes.

brazel

brazel

true that, but in order to use the Nitrogen fixed by a legume, one must have sufficient P and Ca in the system to kick start any cover. Critically Ca levels and the presence of related bacteria, say Frankia et al, since it is this that is used to kick start Nodule formation of those legume types, and so bridge the N to the clays where it might then be beneficial to other companion plants in real time, rather than having to wait for the material to decay before its live for use.
Nodule forming legumes, use the same bacterial Ca oscillations during symbiosis as Mycorrhizae.
The addition of grasses and grains is a encouraging the presence of this root fungus family, and the combination of decomposition would over time boost N, P and Ca fertility and help future microbe interactions, while a living companion community with a working soil system would enable a 30%+ reduction in N levels over the course of what is an annual crop cycle.
We are typically removing the bulk of the bio mass with regards our target crop and so we should always measure the potential of our system so ensure we have adequate reserves of Carbon and N and mitigate natural declines via fertility management practice.

What is the consequence of extended use of legumes in fixed soil system? What does everyone think about large colonies of Frankia to replace N inputs??
I have some white cover growing. Pink nodules! I ordered some blumats.
You're not stuck in traffic, you're the traffic!
Sourdough toast with decarboxylated coconut oil super silver haze inside:)

brazel

brazel

the father of synthetic manures said.....he didnt deride NPK, merely the synthetic forms of it and his mistake of seeing soil as a shelf for his chemistry set.
Its less about NPK all of this. I keep trying to say, its CHNOPS not NPK, and its microbes and feed back loops that determine if we have the right soil for the right plant at the right time. if we grow X plant over and over and over, what does this mean. Ok so now what does it mean one day to the next, how does soil change as our plants grow, how does this impact the biology, what can we do to maintain ideal conditions at the interface in a simple to follow way which allows food freedoms for anyone who wants to have a go, and feed the world in light of the simple facts, most food crops suffer a drop in harvest when switched to true organics, which will drive up the prices of food and make access to it even harder for many, who shops at organic food markets nowadays, do they even take food stamps?? Forget about dismissing others and work on providing solutions to the real problems we have and make any solution accessible to the many, either by sharing or by caring or by doing for the greater good if this is your thing. We all know whats wrong in our hearts, but if we have energy to spend then we might use it to see if we can overcome the real issues people have growing consistent and quality bud.
banging on about one method being the best is worthless. Finding solutions to the problems we all face is the best way to use energy in this space. Anyone that ever followed a dude whose name was "Liebig", is a fucking twerp anyway in my mind, but I am organic, always have been. Added I am not a dope, i acknowledge the shortfalls in organics and these are real, not fabricated to keep you buying man made manures i dont sell. Its the reason behind me, why I set up BOX to try to find answers to this missing% food or meds without harming tomorrow's outcomes.
I thought he discovered nitrogen was vital in plants?
I posted the article cuz I thought it was rad, the guy who is responsible for synthetic fertilizers eventually went back to Organics!
The same plant over and over and over we would deplete what that plant uses from the soil. That's why I believe in permaculture and planting multiple cultivators together instead of having acre after acre after acre after acre of the same thing. You do companion planting this tree will produce this food and it also adds to the soil what the next tree over needs that produces something different.

There's plenty of no-till permaculture Farms that have been going over 10 years.

If you think true organic food is expensive, what do you think about that $1.50 peach from the grocery store that taste like sour water and barely has any nutrients in it!
To me that's expensive, 1.50 for what, to be able to produce a turd?
My 2.50 peach taste amazing, orgasmic! Plus it's nutrient dense.

It's like the guy who buys the bottle of juice for $2.50 over the other jar of 100% juice for $9 but when you read the back of the $2.50 bottle of juice, it's only 10% juice so to get the hundred percent juice that I bought for $9 you would have to buy 10 of those bottles so now you're at 25 bucks and my $9 of 1% juice is still healthier cuz the other one is filled with all kinds of shit it's got like sucrose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup.... what the shit man this is supposed to be juice
same thing with syrup for your pancakes maple syrup for 10 bucks or that caramel-colored corn syrup is 2 bucks.

I shop at the farmers market, just about every Wednesday and Saturday I'm there. Build good relationships with the vendors, and they have a table for people who have small crops to sell.

I do stewardships at least once a month sometimes more. I go to various events building Trails, bicycle trails, cleaning up areas where people go shooting, I volunteer teaching classes, kayaking, camping Basics, how to change a flat tire on a bicycle... etc

I don't believe that banging on about 1 style being the best as worthless. It absolutely is the best. But I don't go on about saying it's the best I say there's better options.

If I give a lecture to 500 people and one person makes a change and that's a win man. The other 499 people I'm not mad at them, they can do whatever they want to do. I'm cool with whatever style anybody wants to grow in or whatever they want to do. But I will suggest other aspects I will talk about why one is better than another

One of the biggest problems we face is our food being inadequate. Eating habits are pathetic.

I understand what you're doing you would like to make box replace synthetic and have a proper real organic bottle nutrient that's readily available and doesn't cost a lot. I like that and I think that's rad but we all have different paths.

Lie big that shits funny

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so far we have 106kg of Walnuts from 3 trees and there is still about 33% left to take. I am super happy about this as we didnt get any last year since we cut the trees to control the growth. We had 4018kg Almonds shelled and dried.
My plan to increase the ripening of the Valencia Late oranges seem to be working OK. We lost some stock in the testing process through an increased rate of sugar uptake after heavy rainfall, causing about 5% of the fruit to split at the navel. This is a tweak in timing rather than anything we need to do with the treatments. its a Calcium timing issue which needs to be corrected in May in the cycle of growth so we allow for faster skin development and so reducing the stress point in the navel in case we get any more late summer heavy rain/ storms.
We just installed some new sensors to help collect data on the local conditions and this will help me work the irrigation rates closer to the ideal. Plus it will shut off the system based on updates from local weather stations, so hoping this will counter the excess water in the system since we didnt get the irrigation right this year. hands up, we fucked it up, but then we didnt have the granularity in the timer. it was a legacy system here when I arrived and we are slowly changing it out, but this can only be done out of capital generated locally, so its poco poco mate.

hope everything is good your side and say hi to mama and the kids
will do bro,,didnt you say you were gonna have to go to a difrent watering method ,due to all the chemical giant loving fools around you,even so that harvest sounds great ,get something back for the work,,i did same shit with my garden this past year,shit splitting,lost some prize melons because of it,never thought you could over water melons,but you can when triple digits hit,lmao,i cant wait to here you tell me you got the orange orchid bringing in the bucks,i know you are ready,you got this so next harvest im thinking you will be telling me that,lol,farming is hard ass work,but always brings a smile at days end

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I would argue its a dominant grassland crop, so i use a base soil that is 0.8:1 - 1.5. :) B:F
i agree hemp was just a wild weed till someone figured out you could make clothes and ropes from the stalks,,if im thinking right,usally not,but in my quest to find difrent sources to make some of these knf formulas and my quest to find wild lettuce for me and mama pain ,i will go out on a limb and say mariquana was discovered the same way,by folk forging for foods to eat in the wild,ate some them buds and ohhh all mighty what we got here,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

to add, if we have a human baby, during its formation and growth in the womb, countless protein cascades are initiating multiple design instructions which manifest in the organic form that resembles us at the end of the chain. However, there are many points at which errors in the code of life can occur. More often than not, these errors do not cause us to blue screen during formation as a fetus, but they often result in all manner of disability. some temporary some life long. Ultimately, what i am saying is, we can suffer many instances of code failure before life is terminated or not possible. So it must also be possible that our plants can form relationships with microbes that might be less than perfect, but still result in life to the best of its ability. Is this the MJ we want, or is it what we get via a lack of perfect conditions? Do any of us even know the difference? I am not sure i do :)
yes I am very stoned :)
hahahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no do ask before he shoots you buddy. if you have been smoking too much White blaze, he might see your slow walk as the gait of a zombie and who knows what shit might occur then
haahah right i do have that gait,,he has a stable and riding range,im sure he would drop at the chance of me cleaning a few stalls,lmao

Top Bottom