Taxes. Someone Claimed My Kids

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I just did my taxes and found out someone claimed my kids on their return.
My only guess is their mother. She has not been around for about 2 years now. I have full custody and all documentation proving that I have custody from the courts.
IRS line is to busy. Tells me to call back tomorrow.
I'm a single dad. Unemployed. No Fucking money . No government assistance. I was seriously counting on this money to get me and my kids by for the time being.
I'm so distraught over this I don't even know where to begin.
My 3 kids are 6, 5 and 20 months. I can't even buy Fucking clothes for them right now.
Can someone please advise me on how to handle this?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Bend over and take it in the ass, the long arm of the law is fucking you. In order to win this it will involve court cases and lawyers. Sucks, and your kids mother sounds like a real piece of work. Hope I am wrong and I wish you the best.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Keep calling ...yeah it's a nightmare. Your wife is getting that child tax credit not sure what the irs can do at this point. Everytime I think about having kids or getting married I see things like this and just watched gone girl yesterday I think they are warning signs from a higher power.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Tax advice on a pot website???
Bend over and take it in the ass, the long arm of the law is fucking you. In order to win this it will involve court cases and lawyers. Sucks, and your kids mother sounds like a real piece of work. Hope I am wrong and I wish you the best.
You are wrong

My only guess is their mother. She has not been around for about 2 years now. I have full custody and all documentation proving that I have custody from the courts.
I'm a single dad. Unemployed. No Fucking money . No government assistance. I was seriously counting on this money to get me and my kids by for the time being.
My 3 kids are 6, 5 and 20 months. I can't even buy Fucking clothes for them right now.
The identity theft department anwsers their calls on hold fairly quick. The tax debt department also answers fairly quick also. The Irs will not guide you but if you ask the right questions they will help especially if it is opposing identity theft and or tax debt.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You never know. I have met some people on here where you would not expect their occupation to be.

I got off the phone with the IRS Fraud Hot line. Unfortunately they can't help with shit like the OP said.
The last was very kind. Told me I need to file by paper now and send it in to the irs. If found that I am the one who is allowed to file the SS numbers I will get paid.
This can take a few months.

I have to think positive. I am lucky to have 3 healthy children that I get to see everyday. Hug, play, talk, and love. Something my kids mother will never get from them.
I really don't see how my kids mom is not in jail. She is on probation for violating a restraining order. Never shows up for court.
Got caught when she was arrested for shoplifting. Had had a warrant ever since on probation. Gets 20 days when she was found. Gets put into a rehab center. Leaves and has a warrant currently. While on probation and warrant status. Files fraudulent taxes for kids she has not seen in a few years.
After all this. Around Christmas her probation officer is trying to get me to let her see the kids. Tells me she is doing really well in treatment. I laughed my ass off. Told the probation officer no way in hell is that possibly going to happen. Her being sober or seeing the kids.

urbanfog

urbanfog

you are on the right track. I too have full custody and a loser ex wife, she tried the same thing one year. Had to send a copy of custody paper, school docs showing kids were with me etc and they refunded me within a month or so, then went after her for the fraud. It sucks man, keep your head up and keep doing like your doing. After 10+ years with full custody and a beautiful girl its worth it in the long run. Shit, her mother bitches about having to pay a cple hundred a month for child support which only started in june of 2014. I didnt even go back after the rears child support fo over 10 years...........Ex wives suck, but without them we would have our kids :D

ZONER

ZONER

Go to family court and let them know what she had done .... If in fact it was her. If it was get her served to appear ... If she doesn't ask the court to hold her in contempt and get the County Sheriff to bring her in. Let her tell the judge he/she can hold her in contempt for up to 90 days in some stated till she complies with turning those monies over to you since you already have an order giving you full custody.
I know you don't want to hear this because its a time consuming option ... There is one other option you could go to the local prosecutor and try filing criminal charges.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It sucks but you will prevail and she will have IRS crawling up her ass for the money and interest and fines,she probably doesnt care but they are nasty bastards when provoked.
Zoner,family court wont touch this stuff,they will defer to IRS.

FiveAM

FiveAM

I read something about wait times on the phone with the IRS this year could be long as fuck. Set a day aside, and then another. Phone calls could be long. Have the phone charger near by. Hope I helped a little. Respect.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I used to do taxes for years till it got so overwhelming for me, all you have to do is file a paper return thru the mail..... it takes longer but they will see what happened and go after the person who file wrongly with a vengeance!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

[QUOTEhttps://cdncache-a.invalid.com/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png="Smokey503ski, post: 1407877, member: 14566"]You never know. I have met some people on here where you would not expect their occupation to be.
[/QUOTE]

I can attest to the same. Several of the homies have surprised me with their occupation. Me on the other hand, I have worked with plants in one way or another my whole life. Ganja brings all walks of life together. I love it!

I really don't see how my kids mom is not in jail.

It seems that this is always the case. My niece's mother is a fucking deadbeat druggy that doesn't give two fucks about her seeds. I don't get how people can put anything before their children. Pure scum. People like her always seem to get a slap on the wrist and a fuckload of government assistance. Meanwhile poor potheads like us are treated like murderers and rapists. It fucking kills me. Good luck with your situation brother. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Been in that situation every year brother. I had court orders to claim every year, and she use to claim also. There is a special IRS form you must fill out every year that states you have the right to claim the children for that year, and has to be signed by your ex. Then mailed in along with your tax forms. You should have something in writing from the courts stating you have the right to claim your children every year. If you do, you still need that special form. I forget the name of it. And it has to be mailed in every year with your tax forms. You can put multiple years on the form also, but make copies of it, so you can use them for future years. And if she is in arrearages on her support to you. The IRS should garnish her refund, and pay you, your support due. You need that form brother, and a lawyer unfortunately! Shit sucks man.. You need to get her ass in front of the judge.. Best DP

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm really sorry you're going through this. It's happened to us, and frankly, I'm not really sure that there's much of anything you can do outside of pushing the issue with the IRS and the family court. I would expect that to take a while. Since you have kids, is there no safety net program with the state for you?
It sucks but you will prevail and she will have IRS crawling up her ass for the money and interest and fines,she probably doesnt care but they are nasty bastards when provoked.
Zoner,family court wont touch this stuff,they will defer to IRS.
Oh, fuck YEAH they are. If you owe enough money, they'll show up with guns an' ever'thang.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Fuck the IRS,

Here are some thought provoking questions, anyone know when the irs contract is up with the feds and who will take over and/or will they also be a for profit agency privately owned by a family.

Top Bottom