Vertically Challenged :)

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

Been a while so I thought it was time to set a proper vertical up and stop fucking about :)

Stage 1 grow mum (This stage is complete)

Stage 2 take clones (where we are at today)
Vertically challenged

Stage 3 pot up (next week hopefully I think ~xmas day)

Stage 4 flower for 9 weeks

Stage 5 dry

Stage 6 never buy weed again :)

I'm growing 36 plants out in a vertically-challenged's doubler grow system vertically although I have not decided exactly how yet, I might do a full circle with 1 600w or a wall with 2 600w.

This is the system with chillies in I got it for a bargain price :)

Vertically challenged 2
Vertically challenged 3

I'm planning on moving from aerocloner to small pots ~0.3l for 1 week under a 125w cfl then potting into the system and vegging for 1-2 weeks before flower and growing organically in compost hand watered. I would grow hydro with drippers and recirc but I find it leaves a nasty taste.

Not sure if I go full circle for max yield or make a wall and use 2 lights instead, to go full circle I will need a new tent and lots of clearing up to fit it in lol.

Hope you enjoy the ride

Thanks

Desertboy

Desertboy

Desertboy

The most annoying thing with verticals is making clones once you get into the groove it's easy but the first time is painful lol.

After eating a reaper I can honestly say I will never do that again lol.

Desertboy

Desertboy

UK weather has gone cold and my clone room dropped from 25c to 10c overnight :( Still 9 clones have showed so far and I've whacked a bigger heater in with the prop so fingers crossed only 2-3 more days. Decided to go with 18 plants for now with a 400w :) and gift off the excess plants to friends have leant a mate 6 pots which he's going to build a micro 250w grow with.

Hopefully by boxing day everything I need will be potted up I'm hoping to go flower no later than the 6th January, think I will grow in soil and organic nutes but maybe do coco.

Was going to use a 600w but last night when I tried to strike it up no action got to ID if it's lamp or knackered ballast so 400w it is.

My local grow shop closed last Friday till the 4th bastards.

Desertboy

Desertboy

The first 9 are under hps now I will veg for 3-4 days then I will pot them into the vertical pots, another 6 are showing roots I will wait till I get another 9 rooted then pot up the same as these. The first wall will go in a few days before the 2nd one, I want to harden them off before they go into the verticals so we can use the 400w straight away, now need to make decision HPS or MH I do have both lamps to hand.

Having 2 walls staggered will give me more idea on perfecting veg time the key to doing well in something like what I have is getting the veg time spot on and this will be different strain to strain lol. Defo the key to good results will be growing clones of the same plant in 1 wall mixing different plants in walls would be less than optimal I'm sure. I'm pretty certain to get 2g/w in a circle you will need to grow the same strain several times to perfect the technique.

Yes we do need to clean the tent out lol, the bigger plant is the mum, the cloner is refilled as I have several friends I'm supplying clones to so they can run this system as well in different forms, one is going full circle, 1 making a wall and 1 is building a microgrow with a 250w hps and 6 planters.

The decision to go organic with soil was easy I ran out of coco, perlite, vermiculite and fytocell. Buying compost today is going to be uber fun :) I can already imagine the looks.

And yes my heated prop overheated so I cut the plug off and use it as a tray only now

DSC00267

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bummer about the propagation tray, those things ain't cheap.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Bummer about the propagation tray, those things ain't cheap.

I had the heated prop ages ages they are only $15 from B&Q you can get them all year long their cheap and cheerful I have a much better heated prop but I never use it I find the aero cloner is the best way to clone for me at this time of year because the cold temps if you heat the water with aquarium heater gives better results but growing in medium it takes time to them pot them up that cloning in jiffys eliminates.

Jiffys would be best solution for this system regardless of medium used.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh damn, the ones I've priced out are double that price! My aerocloner got 'The Slime' and I've never been able to get rid of it. Pool Shock grew me more slime than ever, too.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I keep light levels very low where I clone I only use 2 11w CFL lamps which is probably why I haven't seen slime in the aeroprop but I do have long cloning times 14-18 days where as when I did use a 250w hps originally I was seeing roots at day 7 and well rooted by day 11/12. I do find you never get any yellowing at lower light levels and obviously it's cheaper to to run.

I have a separate box I clone in and run the sprayers 24/7 I only use the aerocloner in cold weather if I clone over summer I normally use a glass of water on the windowsill with 90-95% success rate.

My heated prop thermostat failed and it over heated itself which is maybe why it was $15 lol you get what you pay for.

I also have one of these props but I never us it was >$120 but is actually crap never got anything to clone in it yet.

4116041205L

I will try it again for starting seeds only for veggies, the propagators that come with it are very poor quality but it takes standard sized props so easy to replace.

Desertboy

Desertboy

DSC00268
Finally first set of 9 are potted up

and I have a 2nd set of 9 to pot up this evening, going to veg them for only 5 days just enough to kick some roots down and start actively growing then go flower. It will take 2 days for the plants to reorientate themselves properly and start rooting.
DSC00269

One of the clones I pulled out by accident you can see in the bottom right but I only need 9 from these.

Growing in generic garden centre compost with a little fytocell mixed in with the compost ~20% will be hand feeding organically.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Nice! I do have an urge to vacuum your tent, though... :o

Lol after stretch is over and the plants are into flower I will reorganise everything. The planters will end up in the final positions at that point the trays will be removed and the tent floor will be cleaned before we refit the pots in special drain pots which collect the run off and direct it into a single container we can empty after each watering. Being organically fed the run off will be poured into the strawberry patch in the garden :) For the first week I will water every other day then I will water daily afterwards it doesn't take long to root out these pots although large multi oz plants can be grown per pot depending on how you want to run it a lot depends on the strain and every strain is different every time you grow something new is like growing your first plant all over again lol and the real yields will come with dialling in a strain. Sometimes strains are just not going to work but I think 90% of strains out commercially available will be grow in this fine with tweaking.

I want this simplified so pour water in top of planter wait 10 minutes empty drain seems something I can handle daily lol.

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

Got 15 potted up will take another day I think I will go flower on the 8th so 5 day veg for the first 9, 3 day veg for the 2nd 6 and 2 day veg for the last 3.

The first 9 were a little unhealthy as they stayed too long in there original pots are were hungry so I think they could do with 5 days to recover and start actively growing that's what I'm looking for is active growth on all the plants then it's time to go flower.

The little plant will be an experiment on what size should I put the plants into flower at.

If they all looked like the bottom row I would just go flower today after 1 day veg.

DSC00270

keiksweat

keiksweat

Got 15 potted up will take another day I think I will go flower on the 8th so 5 day veg for the first 9, 3 day veg for the 2nd 6 and 2 day veg for the last 3.

The first 9 were a little unhealthy as they stayed too long in there original pots are were hungry so I think they could do with 5 days to recover and start actively growing that's what I'm looking for is active growth on all the plants then it's time to go flower.

The little plant will be an experiment on what size should I put the plants into flower at.

If they all looked like the bottom row I would just go flower today after 1 day veg.

View attachment 560784
Subbed,looking well pal.keep up the good work..

Desertboy

Desertboy

The original 9 are showing signs of healthy green growth so I will go flower this evening gotta love 3 day veg times :)

Top Bottom