Vertically Challenged :)

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

Jeez, uh, YEAH. Three days? That's less time than it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop!

LOL I had to google that but as soon as I saw them I knew we had them in the UK.

It's the never ending gobstoppers I miss lost most my kiddie teeth to them ha ha ha :)

Desertboy

Desertboy

Good morning :)

I switched flower yesterday a little later than I wanted but I had a plug and grow timer I forgot I burnt out so had to recover one of my contactors off a friend.

I can see I'm going to need the empty planter as a spacer and 2 lights, also I need a reflector the lamp has been hung bare no reflector which is obviously very inefficient but going grow shop today so that will be sorted before bed time I have them running 9pm-9am. I do have a parabolic but it's far to big to hand sideways on lol I can fit it but if I do I will never get to the plants ha ha ha. I will start watering the plants daily on Monday.

DSC00272

I've left a couple of clones and the mum in grow room for 3 days to genefinder the plants although I do know they are female already as the clone has been grown out twice before although only horizontally. I want to show the results.

I also have a diamond which is total crap and a couple of cool tubes but it's cold in UK now and getting colder so why lose 8% of the light and have to heat the room more lol.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Finally cleaned up the tent and simplified drainage :) a clean tray :)
DSC00276

I cut a 1/3 of a pallet off (Pallet size 120cm*80cm or 4ft*2ft8") after I cut the pallet it was 2ft*4ft. I then I screwed 2 pieces of wood both side of the base of the pallet to raise the tray 8" in total, I've drilled a hole in the tray and it drips through the gap in the pallet into the purple tub which holds 11l's more than enough run off collection. I could have raised the pallet higher for recirculation of course but hand watered compost.

I trimmed the plants to let light into the lower tips which I shall continue to do during the stretch phase. Adding the reflector has significantly increased the light levels I had them too low I think. I want to bush these out during stretch.

DSC00275a

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

DSC00277
Too cold lights off going to add another heater on a relay wiring to the NC contact (This will mean the 2nd heater only comes on lights off) also going to insulate 1 side of the tent with aluminium foil bubble insulation I have spare.

If I don't get at least 20c lights off plants will stretch which would be a disaster, lights on temps are 22c when I add a 2nd hps lamp if they stretch enough to justify I think I will hit 27c which I'm happy with.

I got a pair of special sunglasses for going in the tent they're really good I highly recommend them they make the hps look like daylight ideal for ID potential problems/bugs.

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

This is female seeds blue cheese looking at these leaves I think I have the more sativa pheno (More cheesy) which obviously is not what I want for stretching lol but we shall see what happens. Plus point you can never go wrong with more sativa smoke wise :) Still I shall keep light levels high and try to keep a good lights off temp and trim the plants to keep them evenly lit to hopefully minimise stretch.

Need a big fat indica for this :) that's right just like my friend I'm after the short fat ladies :)

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

This is how I sorted out drainage I empty the washing up bowl every time I water 15 minutes later to let them drip through any run off. The hole in the garland tray is lined up with the missing plank in the pallet so it drains straight through into the washing up bowl.
Drainage

Desertboy

Desertboy

I think maybe another 5 days and the plants will stretch enough to pull them apart and insert an empty pot as a spacer in between in pot to double the grow height I will also have to add a 2nd lamp and reflector at that point.

It's been a little cold lights off but I will solve that tomorrow and I've been removing fan leaves daily to get light to lower sites around day 10 of flower I will stop trimming fans leaves and let the plant go natural from then although I will add netting as support and will offer limited scrogging if needed.

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

Oh damn, the ones I've priced out are double that price! My aerocloner got 'The Slime' and I've never been able to get rid of it. Pool Shock grew me more slime than ever, too.
Which Aerocloner is it? & do you like it better than regular cloning? (Trying to figure out if the machine is worth it)

Desertboy

Desertboy

Hi Junk it's a nutriculture 36 site cloner only available in europe but a friend has the xstream cloner which is very good and I would recommend it if you want to go aero and is available pond side :)

Is it worth it? I'm not sure I could build a clone room cheaper I'm sure but I do like it! I bought it when I first started growing and cloning was much scarier then :)

Desertboy

Desertboy

I find paper cups and coco are excellent for cloning but aerocloners are good if it's cold in the clone room as an aquarium heater keeps the reservoir temps at 20c. Cloning straight into soil/coco would be the better option for my vertical planters as you need a few more days going from aero to planter under hps.

Desertboy

Desertboy

DSC00286
It's definitely time to restack with an empty pot stretch has finally started now the fun part :) but I need to add another light and can't get a reflector until tomorrow :( I want the same type as it's perfect for hanging vertically and lets the heat straight up instead of pumping it towards the plants. Also it will hang in line with this one perfectly.

Top Bottom