“Grow with me Mr.g” SE3000 added to the mix.

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
it's funny how averse we become to putting up nets too early after scrog'ing a time or three. it's like everyone's thought process is to wait as long as possible before putting the net in, hoping to avoid a complete pain in the ass for as long as possible haha
This rings true lol. I like to get my net up first week of stretch, gives me the best chance of getting away with a single layer. I hate working with that shit.

I love what the net can do, just dislike being the stupid fish stuck in it trying to weave or defoliate.👍

Hahaha, I'm gonna post up a video of how I get into my canopy for maintenance next week.
I'll remove the front piece of irrigation pipe, move the benches aside a little then crawl under the canopy. Then I'll reach up and cut the netting enough so that I can squeeze through it and stand up in the middle of the room where I can reach everything. When I'm done I go back down through the hole, and patch the netting up using green tie wire.

But I also don't really use the net for weaving or Scroggin, usually try to fill the room with enough side branching that I don't need to scrog. The net is simply to keep the buds from falling over. Otherwise, the plant structure is left natural. No real bending, tucking or tying.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
This rings true lol. I like to get my net up first week of stretch, gives me the best chance of getting away with a single layer. I hate working with that shit.

Hahaha, I'm gonna post up a video of how I get into my canopy for maintenance next week.
I'll remove the front piece of irrigation pipe, move the benches aside a little then crawl under the canopy. Then I'll reach up and cut the netting enough so that I can squeeze through it and stand up in the middle of the room where I can reach everything. When I'm done I go back down through the hole, and patch the netting up using green tie wire.

But I also don't really use the net for weaving or Scroggin, usually try to fill the room with enough side branching that I don't need to scrog. The net is simply to keep the buds from falling over. Otherwise, the plant structure is left natural. No real bending, tucking or tying.
Hahahaha. Handled like a true east coaster. 🪨😂
Ya. That’s my plan for the net this run. Support net put in early stretch.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hahahaha. Handled like a true east coaster. 🪨😂
Ya. That’s my plan for the net this run. Support net put in early stretch.
see, y'all always come with your foresight. i waited for things to be easy and now have two screens one of which is likely not gonna get used much because i waited till the ass end of stretch to put em in since i needed to be able to pull the plants out again for defoliation.

Reactions: PK1
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
see, y'all always come with your foresight. i waited for things to be easy and now have two screens one of which is likely not gonna get used much because i waited till the ass end of stretch to put em in since i needed to be able to pull the plants out again for defoliation.
Ah yess, my plants don't come to me, I go to them lol.
Honestly if you saw the small size of the header house in my shed, you'd understand. I can hardly turn around in there let alone take full grown plants out of the growroom.

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ah yess, my plants don't come to me, I go to them lol.
Honestly if you saw the small size of the header house in my shed, you'd understand. I can hardly turn around in there let alone take fill grown plants out of the growroom.
yeah, i have the opposite problem given i'm in a 4x4 tent. i can't get in there with all the equipment and full grown plants to do a damn thing so they gotta come out for anything significant.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
yeah, i have the opposite problem given i'm in a 4x4 tent. i can't get in there with all the equipment and full grown plants to do a damn thing so they gotta come out for anything significant.
I can relate to that 🤔

PK1

PK1

Supporter

awesome, cuz ive been scratching my head trying to figure how do you get back there or even get the branches properly between the scrooge net

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You don’t really need to tie them down to LST. You can give the stems a finger roll massage to bring them down, if your willing to get hands on, and do daily

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ya. It does spring back up quick sometimes, gotta keep at it, Like I said, Pretty hands on, too much for me, that’s why I tie or stake them. But it does work good, creates thick strong stems.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You don’t really need to tie them down to LST. You can give the stems a finger roll massage to bring them down, if your willing to get hands on, and do daily

Like how I do.. lol though not daily, I pinch and bend once in 2 spots and that's usually enough to keep them down. Eventually forms a big knuckle at the bend.

Feels wrong. Again. Most of what I do in the grow now does. But it works. And if you want them to stay down when you put them down, you really gotta pre-squish that stem with your fingers and really flop it over.

20211215 184534

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Like how I do.. lol though not daily, I pinch and bend once in 2 spots and that's usually enough to keep them down. Eventually forms a big knuckle at the bend.

Feels wrong. Again. Most of what I do in the grow now does. But it works. And if you want them to stay down when you put them down, you really gotta pre-squish that stem with your fingers and really flop it over.

View attachment 1197368
isn't that supercropping?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
isn't that supercropping?
Exactly. Same thing in my mind. Bending the plants over. I guess LST doesn't really kink the stem like SC, but meh... to me, it's just making the plants bend over. Kinking a stem doesn't hurt the plant if you really massage the stem well enough beforehand.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Exactly. Same thing in my mind. Bending the plants over. I guess LST doesn't really kink the stem like SC, but meh... to me, it's just making the plants bend over. Kinking a stem doesn't hurt the plant if you really massage the stem well enough beforehand.
i find massaging it from the beginning of the development of the branch really help steering the branch the area you want. When they get harder it's more difficult as i tend to break them and then I tie it back to the stem. maybe a pink sterile bandage and call it a day. lol

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Mr.GreenthumbOG so one of the seeds didn't sprout in the rockwool, hoping for promix to do the job. im hoping it can sprout so i can take some clones and throw her back in tent for flower.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Question of the day, are you a tucker or a plucker?😂.
guess I’m both, but when their young, I try to tuck the leaves instead of removing,
06F98292 B9BD 4BF4 9740 55E108B4288B

purple lemonade stacking up some flowers at 1 month old.
D16C87EE 8BCB 4912 8390 D65C51147B2E

Top Bottom