“Grow with me Mr.g” SE3000 added to the mix.

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Pretty sure that was a song. “You gotta tuck it...before you pluck it”

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Nice to have a few buds forming while growing out photos.
purple lemonade showing some colour.
5 sleeps to Christmas😹

D3210118 DC04 4794 895A B0E48B57F6D7
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
hahaha, thanks for the nomination for POTM @PK1, that pic has an extra hair in it😂
Really am amazed by the cannabis flower itself. Like staring into the cosmos.✨🤩
1C76B476 DCA6 4ECD 91D1 769F84BDA833

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
These autoflowers have been fun to grow for the most part, kinda like the beginning of the fireworks show, hopefully with Tropicana poison in behind for the finale.
dragons brew females to be potted up today.

76EB8B3D 15DA 4127 891F F37FAE2E76A7
PK1

PK1

Supporter
ya, im starting to think it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw a auto between the photoperiods. Just a quicky grow before the motherloads finish. lol! having frequent harvests so that the supply is not short is always a plus 😄

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you going to be flowering the auto under 12/12 when you flip the rest? I've never grown an auto but thought they are meant to flower under 16-18hr days?
Curious how that goes for you. It's the main reason I've never tried growing one but if it works for you.. I just might.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ya. It would probably get bigger and and yield suffers a little going to 12/12 but a zip/plant is fine if that’s what it does.
last autos I grew were 60-125g, But these ones are quite a bit smaller. They started flowering so damn quick they didn’t have a chance to get big😂

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ya. It would probably get bigger and and yield suffers a little going to 12/12 but a zip/plant is fine if that’s what it does.
last autos I grew were 60-125g, But these ones are quite a bit smaller. They started flowering so damn quick they didn’t have a chance to get big😂
U are exactly right - they will grow and finish but will suffer , but I do it , I’m working my way out of the perpetual thing and into a crop now. But that’s what I used them for to fill in space in my perpetual, in my opinion they are harder to grow ? Thoughts G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
U are exactly right - they will grow and finish but will suffer , but I do it , I’m working my way out of the perpetual thing and into a crop now. But that’s what I used them for to fill in space in my perpetual, in my opinion they are harder to grow ? Thoughts G
No question they are harder to grow, inconsistent with feeding requirements from pheno to pheno whithin the same pack. Mine stalled a little at the beginning, and did 2 transplants which affected growth for sure this run.
1 of the them also locked out calcium and will end up stunted.
they will never replace regular seeds. Ever.
but great to fill gaps and fill a jar or 2.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No question they are harder to grow, inconsistent with feeding requirements from pheno to pheno whithin the same pack. Mine stalled a little at the beginning, and did 2 transplants which affected growth for sure this run.
1 of the them also locked out calcium and will end up stunted.
they will never replace regular seeds. Ever.
but great to fill gaps and fill a jar or 2.
That's kinda what I thought. It saddens me that autos are all some people grow thinking it's somehow easier. Like they grow automatically or something lol.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That's kinda what I thought. It saddens me that autos are all some people grow thinking it's somehow easier. Like they grow automatically or something lol.
Hahaha. Agreed, it’s false advertising I think😂. Put the name auto in front and people expect it to grow like a chia pet I guess.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hahaha. Agreed, it’s false advertising I think😂. Put the name auto in front and people expect it to grow like a chia pet I guess.
Exactly. To me when I think of autos I know that somewhere lurking deep within every autoflowers genome, is a genetically lame dud from the far north that could, in any seed rear its ugly head. The genetics are used to surviving in the least optimal climates, just like the difference between an Alaskan conifer Vs an Oregon Conifer..

Some breeders are apparently getting good at increasing the good and minimizing the bad with autos. I might rip a few outdoor this summer just for fun and see what happens. It's pretty much the only outdoor I'd bother with out here.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Exactly. To me when I think of autos I know that somewhere lurking deep within every autoflowers genome, is a genetically lame dud from the far north that could, in any seed rear its ugly head. The genetics are used to surviving in the least optimal climates, just like the difference between an Alaskan conifer Vs an Oregon Conifer..

Some breeders are apparently getting good at increasing the good and minimizing the bad with autos. I might rip a few outdoor this summer just for fun and see what happens. It's pretty much the only outdoor I'd bother with out here.
We have one going right now that is surprising me. It's building a bigger than soda can bud. No idea how it tastes yet....

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
We have one going right now that is surprising me. It's building a bigger than soda can bud. No idea how it tastes yet....
For sure🤙 Autos can stack up sometimes,
It’s still a bit of a crapshoot but a good addition to the growroom.
a great choice for an outdoor grow,
this batch was starting to flower by day 20 after seed drop which was a bit rediculous. But will give quick turnover I guess.

Top Bottom