IMG 1358
IMG 1359
IMG 1361
IMG 1365
Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Your almost there TF! I really look forward to seein you rockin this room out. NICE WORK BRO!! :icon_stick man::icon_stick man::icon_stick man::party0033:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Big thanks everybody!

Last progress of the long weekend. Door is fully trimmed out and base boards are in. Almost ready for floor coating. Got 2 holes to go, and then to glue in the tubing risers. Does it look like a big shower pan yet?

Extra Extra Big Thanks to my old pal the Ladies Man.
:party0023:
Without your help this last 2 weeks, I would be still gluing popsicle sticks together.

IMG 1368
IMG 1367
IMG 1366
IMG 1371
HG23

HG23

Sweet! This is coming along very nicely. Thanks for taking all the pics, I learned a little bit about construction from them. Can you explain a little more about how the electrical is set up, how the service comes into the room, what are all the "outlets" by the door, etc.? It would be appreciated. Can't wait to see the next step.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Sweet! This is coming along very nicely. Thanks for taking all the pics, I learned a little bit about construction from them. Can you explain a little more about how the electrical is set up, how the service comes into the room, what are all the "outlets" by the door, etc.? It would be appreciated. Can't wait to see the next step.

Thanks HG,
On the electrical on that wall, the top right big box is the outlet box for my four 1k ballasts. Below that is a box for wiring 2 220v timers for the ballasts. The big box on the bottom of that row is all of my water items. The middle row top box is another timer for 12 hr 110v accessories. The box below that is the time controlled outlets. On the left at the top, a cfl room light switch (12 hr powered for safety). Next down is a box that allows me to patch power from my atmospheric controller into four selected outlets inside the room. The bottom box is the power for my controller. As far as how a "service comes into the room", I am lucky enough that the main breaker panel is already in one of my walls of the room to start with. The service was there before I started.

Hope that splains a little.

Also, thanks to Beez, socal, and Loudblunts. More to come...

IMG 1291
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Weekly update:
All floor penetrations are complete with risers.
Project shower pan in full effect.
Every square inch sanded, vacuumed, and Xylene cleaned.
Oh my friggin god, the Xylene almost was enough to knock me out, even with a respirator. :sleepy
Got the lighting fan exhaust hooked up to outside, so I can vent the fumes out for now.
Can't wait to see how bad the Durabak floor coating will stink.
I'm rollin it on tomorrow. Wish me luck.
-TF:evilgrin0013:

IMG 1376
D

Donkdbz

Looking real nice. Hopefully your not like me. I design, build do a run, not happy. Breakdown and rebuild. The raised floor is so so so so so so nice. Makes it real easy to move stuff if needed.

G

GBOOST

Lookin good TC, Luckily although I'm just like Donk, build, run, destruct and rebuild, your half doing a pre run for me, as I said earlier mine is raised floor as well. Your doin a bang up job, I don't suppose your a chippy or similar by trade lol??

Ozzie

T

t7rln

Thanks for sharing....giving me some great ideas for my space. Do you have a breakdown of cost for the build?

t7

M

mrdizzle

the clear ones are for the lights right, but what are the row of 3 smaller pipes cut into the floor for?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks, you guys.
I usually keep a setup for a while (if it works well), and this will be by far the most deluxe that I have built, so I hope I don't get bored of it too soon.

Gboost, I'm not sure what you mean by a chippy, but what it means in CA, I am definitely not one of those guys.

I am just generally handy, and have worked on my own remodel stuff before.

t7rln, too soon to tell the overall cost, but I would say somewhere in the range of $10K.

Mr Dizzle, sir. I am honored for the visit.
The clear tubes are for the lights (6" acrylic is the right OD for the 6" ducting). The 3" ABS are what I like to call pass throughs. On one side of the Homey D's bin you have a single over flow. The other side you have another overflow, the main feed in, top feed in, and air line. The pipes will all cap off with those rubber quick caps for air seal. In the case of the drains, the ABS pipes hang just a little lower, and are staggered in length for drainage, so the 3" drain system mounts to the underside. The drains are 1.5" PVC, and will sit down into the 3" drains a couple of inches above the 90" elbow, for the waterfall effect. :evilgrin0013:

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
TF, that room is off the hook bro. Very custom and unique set-up! Your'e gonna be rockin those ladies out on that dance floor! :clapping

E

easypleasie

lol bro, you're putting a lot of work into this build. The attention to detail will no doubt pay off for ya.

G

GBOOST

lol bro, you're putting a lot of work into this build. The attention to detail will no doubt pay off for ya.

Couldn't have said it any better EP. Anyone who puts this much work and details in the room, is gonna kill it with their grow. And a "chippy" here in Australia means a builder, sorry mate:)

Ozzie

Latest posts

Top Bottom