10' x 10' MPB room build

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks guys.
That AC should be able to freeze my nips off.
I am totally feeling the dimmable ballasts. Awesome for so many reasons.
Although, after talking to the boys at the hydro shop, they are suggesting that I get the Sun System Galaxy's for my 1k's. Still dimmable, but apparently they don't go bad as often as the Lumatek.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Excellent choice on the AC unit TF. :pimp:

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Wicked build my man! Looks like your gunna have full control over your environment and rock some beasties in there.

Kudos!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Excellent choice on the AC unit TF. :pimp:
Thanks man.
I heard a lot of good stuff bout the Friedrich units, and found this unit for a steal. It is 18 seer, and was only $1500. Well, more like 18 something with line set and shipping. But I am sure it will kick ass.:rauch08:

Thanks Hellmutt. More to come for sure.

G

GWAP

Really nice start, can't wait to see the ladies! Tagging along for sure :stonedsmilie:

G

GWAP

Nice build man, can't wait to see the ladies. Tagging along for sure :stonedsmilie:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, been busy with working on the room. Here is the box that I built for my light tube cooling fan. It muffles, and connects all 4 light tube ducts together into the fan. I used some pillow batting (dacron) from a fabric store, and some wire mesh screen from home de pot to hold the fluff in the right areas. I built it on the ground, took it apart, then had to rebuild it up in the rafters to fit it up there. Pain in the ass, but worth it. Ended up using 3 big bags of the stuffing in there.
More to come,
-TF:evilgrin0013:

IMG 1299
IMG 1302
IMG 1305
IMG 1306
IMG 1311
IMG 1312
IMG 1308
L

Loudblunts

Thanks,
Thanks,
:D

Stay tuned for more action to come.:rauch08:

so nice had to say it twice eh? hehe

--------

nice addition on the light box TF! i've come to realize your laying low means yer tinkering and such hehe :passingjoint:

E

easypleasie

MDF is heavy shit! Can't believe you put that thing in the attic lol. What is that a 7th order band pass? lol

Remember bro, that air will take the path of least resistance...maybe try keeping the tube lengths the same to help with even air flow through all the tubes.

You could probably modify it a little to add an air filter so you can keep the tubes clean of dust. I kept mine simple and made it out of a cardboard box...18x18 filter slides into the box through a slit in the side. Makes filter changes quick and easy.

Keep it up bro, you'll be mpb'ing before long :)

S

socalsinner

MPB Land

Thanks man, glad to have you aboard.
The mini split that I ordered is a 24,000 BTU Friedrich. I wanted to make sure that sucker cools like a mofo in there. Summers can get hot here, so I want to bring it like an iceberg.

JR,
thanks for the R-tech tip. Are you talking about the sheets that are just the styrofoam, with no foil layer? I got some of the 2" thick with the foil layer to go under the subfloor. For the walls, I already bought green wall sheets. Considering I had to rent a truck to get those here, I am gonna roll with that this time. Although I have looked at that styrofoam stuff before, and it looks sweet. You could go over existing walls in any grow, and use it for partition walls as well. I know that I have seen similar here before.
On top of the green wall will go the Reflectix insulation. Both for light reflection & insulation as well.
As far as the linoleum, I have already invested in an industrial grade floor treatment, that I was talking about a few pages ago. The idea at this point is to make the whole floor of the room like an extra large shower pan. 150 gallons worth of accidental MPB spillage in there, no problem!
As to the floor structure, it is 2x6, 16 on center, with lots of block bracing, and 3/4" ply. It is damn solid with a couple of people working on top of it.
Thanks again for all the input.
-TF:evilgrin0013:

When I get my MPB design finished for my T shirt im shipping you one too lol Nice setup

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

MDF is heavy shit! Can't believe you put that thing in the attic lol. What is that a 7th order band pass? lol

Remember bro, that air will take the path of least resistance...maybe try keeping the tube lengths the same to help with even air flow through all the tubes.

You could probably modify it a little to add an air filter so you can keep the tubes clean of dust. I kept mine simple and made it out of a cardboard box...18x18 filter slides into the box through a slit in the side. Makes filter changes quick and easy.

Keep it up bro, you'll be mpb'ing before long :)

Thanks easy,
7th order band pass! I have built those before. You are friggin hilarious!
I plan on filters that mount at the inlets on the underside of the floor. Similar to the filter setup that is in my current box. The 6" ducts will be all the same length to equalize back pressure. I will get there one step at a time.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice muffler box, TF. Nothin like the satisfaction of makin your own. :cool0010:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

so nice had to say it twice eh? hehe

--------

nice addition on the light box TF! i've come to realize your laying low means yer tinkering and such hehe :passingjoint:

thanks man. Had to respond double time!
Yep, been busy with the project. More BIG updates real soon....

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks socal,
I'll take an XL shirt.

Midnight son,
thanks. After all, isn't making it yourself what drives us to be on this great site to begin with?
Awesome :rauch08:

E

easypleasie

I had a similar raised floor idea for scrubbing air. Raised floor with can-fans pulling air from below and pointing straight up at bulbs. Front side of the floor would have custom made charcoal filters so air in the room is constantly getting cleaned and at the same time it's cooling bare bulbs and providing air circulation. :) I might try to set it up that way after a few runs.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Easy,
Interesting idea. You talking a non sealed room then?

Alright you guys, been super busy with work, but I wanted to post some quick pics of the progress.
Then, back to more work.

IMG 1318
IMG 1327
IMG 1332
IMG 1334
IMG 1335
IMG 1343
IMG 1346
IMG 1348
E

easypleasie

Loving the build work, bro. Everything is looking nice and clean. I expect big things from you!

The scrubbing idea was for a sealed room but you can make it work if you're exhausting. You're basically making a crawl space under the plants like your room, but the air is shared and not separated like yours. All the air pulling through has to go through the filters. I think it could work out great but I won't know till I give it a try. It may not be worth the hassle having to deal with messy carbon. Sometimes you gotta get fancy when you have limited space :)

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
TF, You have been real busy! Your room is looking awsome bro. :rasta:

Latest posts

Top Bottom