10' x 10' MPB room build

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Taedon83

Taedon83

Hey TF,
I just bought some reflectix and insulfoam for my room they look like great products. Wanted to as you a few Qs

Did you use a spray adhesive and tape for your reflectix?
What kind of tape?

I was thinking of using some hard pipe tape as its metallic.. or getting some white sheathing tape. (What I thought was tuct tape is tuck tape and mainly sold in canada. in US its called sheathing tape) Bought a tube of liquid nails panel caulking for my 1.5 inch insulfoam for ceiling.
Theroom.PNG

This is temp and my next spot I hope to do something just like what your doing. I really like this MPB raised floor thing you got going. Excellent personal + lab setup

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Taedon,
Thanks for the props!
Vapor barrier, nope. If I had thought of it I might have.
Never heard of kerdi orange membrane before.

I put up all of the reflectix in the flowering room with contact cement shot out of a hvlp gun. For other miscellaneous stuff, I used 3m high strength 90 spray glue.
As far as the tape, it is aluminum tape used for hvac work.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
TF, we're anxiously awaiting some plants!

Were you considering thinset and kerdi orange membrane to waterproof your floors?

i may have mentioned kerdi early on, i almost did a room with it . . . but the price was prohibitive for a grow room. i absolutely LOVE that stuff for shower rooms. the solution that i've moved towards is linoleum (vinyl) sheeting, 12' wide. wide enough to bring it up the baseboards on a room like this so that it's like one big shower pan. check out how ben has it in his grows.

Papa

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Just laggin a bit on the updates.
Here's some new stuff, kiddies....

Been working on trying to get the veg room finalized. I will be needing it first you know.

Hung the 600 for the veg table, and a 2' 4 bulb T5 for the clones.

IMG 1595

Laid out some plumbing for the chillers, filtered water, and drainage for rez changes.

IMG 1596

Air intake for the room with filter, and a little base molding to trim it out.

IMG 1597

Utility sink seemed like a must. Sink runs both regular and filtered water! Hydro logic tall boy filter system for the room, with flow meter installed. Also there is a inline TDS tester in there that I have yet to get set up yet.

IMG 1598

Rack for some chillers. 1/10 hp for me ma, and a 1/4 hp for the veggin. Some more hard pipe.

IMG 1599

IMG 1600

Cloner and veg tray on stands. Plumbing for chillers, feed, and dump well under way.

IMG 1601

Mom tray tucked in the corner. More plumbing.

IMG 1602

Hanna meter for ma as well.

IMG 1603

Shot of the 2 vortex fans, lights, and fan intake muffler.

IMG 1604

Check out the DIY I did on the fan muffler here:

That's it for this update. I may be medicated and slow, but I will get this thing pumping soon.

-TF :evilgrin0013:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

TF, we're anxiously awaiting some plants!

i may have mentioned kerdi early on, i almost did a room with it . . . but the price was prohibitive for a grow room. i absolutely LOVE that stuff for shower rooms. the solution that i've moved towards is linoleum (vinyl) sheeting, 12' wide. wide enough to bring it up the baseboards on a room like this so that it's like one big shower pan. check out how ben has it in his grows.

Papa

Nice. I am itching to get the plants going as well, but I also am being funny about not having everything 100% operational first. I don't want to compromise anything with my first mpb run, not to mention the room's first run.
The linoleum sounds like the stuff. Is it a pro only type of install for good results?
That Ben sure does set a mean standard.:rauch08:

Thanks GWAP, gotta get back to work now.

-TF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Quite possibly one of the cleanest home garden builds I've seen... As usual, excellent work TF! Let's get this party started... :flower

Papa

Papa

Supporter
holy shit TF! your room is wicked!

the vinyl floor is a diy solution, seems to satisfy all the needs. it essentially does the same thing as a shower pan, it'll contain any flood, wears well, and seems to be the cheapest solution for rooms where flood containment is an issue. aesthetically, it wouldn't do for your room.

and your talking bout others setting standards? your room is a dream!

Papa

S

Socachi

Damn TF you are one crafty mofo, you're design and construction skills are off the hook. And that diy muffler, wow. I've gotta agree witth Shady this is one of the cleanest diy I've seen.
I've gotta go thru this over and over.

Bring on the girls??:cool0010::cool0010:

F

FreshSteppin

I really do appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this but damn homie get some plants growing. I'm going to be harvesting before you even get plants in your bloom room.

aleYarok

aleYarok

sooooooo fresh and so clean, fucking love your rooms, top notch work bro
u are going to rock that room

HG23

HG23

Damn TF, I like that plumbing and sink. Very clean. Do you think you might run into lumen shock problems in the main room with only a 6er in the veg room?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks guys. Don't worry, all I think of is working on the project. It will be done soon. With any luck, I am going to try to be ready to hit up PNC either next weekend or the following to get some cuts. Hope they have something tasty. I have a feeling that they will...

HG,
don't know yet about the lumen shock, although I think that it will be fine. All my ballasts are digi, so I have great control over dimming them to start them off with.

-TF

mikeross

mikeross

This is probably the cleanest work I have ever seen. So much attention to detail. I am really looking forward to see it up and running.

Taedon83

Taedon83

Ok bro, weekends over. I need my updated pic fix of the dopest growroom build on the net. =P Any idea of what strain you'll be running? Or whether you go for cuttings or seed?

-Taedon

Taedon83

Taedon83

oh your going to the PNC NM.. Any idea what type of strain your looking for?

C

Cloud9

wow. great build out.

makes me want to build something permanent.

cant wait for the grow

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
damn bro that looks like some NASA shit right there!

S

Socachi

Hey TF any more picks of the build. Would like to see everything in place

F

FreshSteppin

AND THE VOTE FOR SLOWEST PROGRESSION OF THE DOPEST THREAD GOES TO........

trichome fan......

dude whats going on.

Top Bottom