$1000 Tent Budget

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Listen, I'm not trying to get optimal yield. Just quick turn around. Doesn't make sense to use seperate lights for veg tent and lose the ability to flower them in that space if need be. Especially when im going straight LED which can do both. Regarding custom made stuff I'm not even going to get into. I've seen good results with a single crappy LED. I'm sure for $600, I can get a good set of lights for both veg and flower. Maybe 3 or even 4 Mars reflector 96s. Just looking for max efficiency with $600.
T5 with 6500k is what I'm running veg. Low heat, good output ,dirt cheap. I have a 600 led and my $70 8 bulb by 2 ft t5 blows it away in veg. I put the led back in the box. So impressed by the t5s work over led that I bought red bulbs for bloom too. I am going to run every other bulb blue red blue red and put 4 of the $25 45w led panels on side walls. If t5 isn't good enough till add my 600 led over canopy. Prepping to flip switch real soon.
If you want a quick turnaround that would be a three light rotation.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Listen, I'm not trying to get optimal yield. Just quick turn around. Doesn't make sense to use seperate lights for veg tent and lose the ability to flower them in that space if need be. Especially when im going straight LED which can do both. Regarding custom made stuff I'm not even going to get into. I've seen good results with a single crappy LED. I'm sure for $600, I can get a good set of lights for both veg and flower. Maybe 3 or even 4 Mars reflector 96s. Just looking for max efficiency with $600.
Im gonna throw my world farm famous line on you...
Son your heading into turn 3 like Dale Earnhart..... :(

If you got 3k to spend on your grow, and you buy a crappy led, we will boot you from the farm!
LMAO... ,, well we really wont, but still...
let me have your ear for a sec...
clear your mind...
I use to hate when i would think about things for hrs/days and come on here and post what I had decided to do,,,,,
to be shot down as thats not a good idea..
Mater fact some of the hardest things was admitting i was prob wrong with my thinking...

With that said, i hope to make this quick as I got to get to bed,, bills wait for no man!

My first question, is why 3 tents?
Are we trying to pull weight/less time between runs?
Are ius one your tent, one your old ladys, and one your moms lol?
Why 3 4x4's?
You need to answer certain questions as
how much you need per month?
1/2/3/4/ #'s a month?
And is the room that the tent in temp controlled(ac)
sealed bedroom with Ac in window?
See here is me...
I say,, ok i want 2 # a month
So that means rockwool clones in a 4x4 flood table in veg with a 315 cmh in a 4x4 tent.
Then a 4x8 tent with (3) 600 watt hps in vented hoods... (rdwc for me)(but you could run coco/promix/dwc)

IN A SEALED ROOM WITH A 8000 BTU WINDOW AC
And c02
and a dehuey

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If you got 3k to spend on your grow, and you buy a crappy led, we will boot you from the farm!
clear your mind...
I use to hate when i would think about things for hrs/days and come on here and post what I had decided to do,,,,,
Mater fact some of the hardest things was admitting i was prob wrong with my thinking...

With that said, i hope to make this quick as I got to get to bed,, bills wait for no man!

Why 3 4x4's?
1/2/3/4/ #'s a month?
See here is me...
So that means rockwool clones in a 4x4 flood table in veg with a 315 cmh in a 4x4 tent.
Then a 4x8 tent with (3) 600 watt hps in vented hoods... (rdwc for me)(but you could run coco/promix/dwc)

And c02
and a dehuey
oh and good led's to cover 4x8 right will cost you a grand by themselves!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

clear your mind...

Why 3 4x4's?
1/2/3/4/ #'s a month?
See here is me...

And c02
and a dehuey
I love it when you use that line.:D

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0429
T5 with 6500k is what I'm running veg. Low heat, good output ,dirt cheap. I have a 600 led and my $70 8 bulb by 2 ft t5 blows it away in veg. I put the led back in the box. So impressed by the t5s work over led that I bought red bulbs for bloom too. I am going to run every other bulb blue red blue red and put 4 of the $25 45w led panels on side walls. If t5 isn't good enough till add my 600 led over canopy. Prepping to flip switch real soon.
Just to back my own quote. Not to say anyone else is wrong. This is $80 worth of light and $50 worth of fan with $3 5 gal buckets. 3 plants in a 4x4 less than $100 in dirt and nutes.

Monster762

Monster762

Oh I never tried hydro or coco or nothing but soil. I have coco liners in my 5 gal buckets to slow the half inch drain holes if that counts though. I've been looking at this bucket setup it's supposed to be hydro with pump n all. It's less than $50 which makes me little skeptical though. I though hydro was expensive setup

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Oh I never tried hydro or coco or nothing but soil. I have coco liners in my 5 gal buckets to slow the half inch drain holes if that counts though. I've been looking at this bucket setup it's supposed to be hydro with pump n all. It's less than $50 which makes me little skeptical though. I though hydro was expensive setup
It is... but you can get a single bucket dwc with air pump for about 50... you could build one a lot cheaper.. but you also need ph meter and a ppm meter, ph up, ph down, and nutrients for hydro.. you can spend another 100 prob there!

Monster762

Monster762

It is... but you can get a single bucket dwc with air pump for about 50... you could build one a lot cheaper.. but you also need ph meter and a ppm meter, ph up, ph down, and nutrients for hydro.. you can spend another 100 prob there!
thats probably what I was looking at. All my nutrients now are technically hydro I just water with them in soil. And have strips for ph and ph up n down too. Those buckets are legit though? I might try 1 in my next run n see how it goes.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

thats probably what I was looking at. All my nutrients now are technically hydro I just water with them in soil. And have strips for ph and ph up n down too. Those buckets are legit though? I might try 1 in my next run n see how it goes.
ya really u just need a 5 gal bucket , a 6" net pot bucket lid, small air pump, and air stone...
Oh and some hydroton(rock)
u really need a ph meter,, cheap one for like 20, and same with ph meter...
and hydrogaurd with your nutrients!

P

PassTheJ

A. 3 tents because that's what my space allows, also allows 3 light rotation method, also provides more variable options on use and flexibility.

B. Yield needs to be 1 pound or over every 35-45 days following 3 light rotation.

3 Marshydro 600s = 800 watts FROM THE WALL = 4x4 tent = 16 sqf = 1.5 sqM = 50 watts P/sqf of full spectrum light.. That's more then enough to grow 4 Grade A Indica hybrid plants.

Top Bottom