1000w light's

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

No worries bro,I have ran multiple 1000's off of GLASS fuses!
The 15's should be OK but I would pick up some spare fuses
Try to put it on a 20 if possible,also you might want to consider mapping out which fuses run which outlets.It will take some time but would be good info to have.

JAWS

JAWS

WAAYNE thanks again for the solid advice, its all set up so i guess im gonna hit the switch and see what happens....hope the it works fine, if not i hope the worst in just a blown fuse and not a burnt house...
ASCARED.

waayne

waayne

JAWS you're gonna love that 1000 watter.Those old school GLASS breakers are proven, kinda funky but you should be OK!
I have burned out a bunch of them overloading them but never had any fires from overloading them.
Not a bad idea to have a fire extinguiser on hand.:passingjoint:

JAWS

JAWS

WAAYNE:bong2:
again solid advice and im gonna take to hart, and im just gonna wait untill my women gets home then i'll go in the basement and pull fuses untill the one i want gos out,then i will know for sure if its 15 or 20....i'll be back later to let you know how it went...
THANKS dude:bong2:

F

fuzzy

label rooms

Hey Jaws,you might want to go ahead and turn everything on in the house and as you pull them 1 at a time,mark what rooms or A/c or whatever goes out at that time.It makes it a lot easier on ya for future ref.peace,fuzzy

F

fuzzy

Yep,good thinking Lost.Besides that,it sounds like you almost need all your electrical updated.Some new 12/2 wg all through out and new breakers.just a couple pennies for thought, peace,fuzzy

JAWS

JAWS

fuzzy and lost:friday:
thanks guys for the advice well recived here for sure...

ya fuzzy thats a plan i will be useing here in about 1hour..

lost that would be great aswell but im no elect and no nothing about putting in a new breaker box..
thanks guys:nod:nod

JAWS

JAWS

HELL YAAA:friday::friday:
ok so i found out that the amp for the part of the house was a 20amp's ,the light fired right up and verry bright so bright still seeing some spots on my comp screen right now...
thanks guys:friday::friday:

F

fuzzy

Well Done

Nice job J!Now time to put her to work.I havent moved up to the 1000s,Yet.Im running a 6 and two 4s in a tent.Ill be moving up myself,hopefully soon.Well Done,peace,fuzzy

JAWS

JAWS

hey FUZZY:nod:nod
thanks bro i was a bit worried but its all good now, just need to get the 400 out and get the 1000w in and get the new filter in place...

ran two 400w for years and finaly thought what the hell just do and see how it works..
thank again:friday:

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
HELL YAAA:friday::friday:
ok so i found out that the amp for the part of the house was a 20amp's ,the light fired right up and verry bright so bright still seeing some spots on my comp screen right now...
thanks guys:friday::friday:

Hey JAWS, what kind of bulb did you end up buying?

I'm also in the process of switching 600w's for 1000's as well as adding AC to the growroom :party

JAWS

JAWS

hey BC.
i went with the $30-00 up-grade bulb which is a 1000w enhanced spectrum super HPS hortilux, it seems like its twice the size of a 400w bulb just huge..
peace bro.

I

iahsound

Hey JAWS! its been about 10 years now that i bustin 1000wee"s and i promise you that anything less takes longer and doe's not produce as much. I'm not sayin that 4's and 6's are'nt good but when you put them up to test you will find that everything move's along much faster and the yield is betta! I have seen first hand a whole LB off a 6 but the best i been gettin is 3LB off 2 1000weee's the LB off the 6 was some long flowering silver haze that took 90+days to finish.. 1000wee's all tha way star!!!!! Oh yeh
the hortilux's are the best bulbs, you can get a multi spectrum and they work just fine for vegging. have you seen the new digital bulb's made for digital ballast???

JAWS

JAWS

hey SOUND:smoke
no bro i have not umm dont really have any knowledge of the DIGITAL gear, gear seems to be blowing up and growing just as fast as new STRAIN'S now-a-day's...

im pretty jacked about this run and seeing what i can get from this 1000w, just worried about the heat...i know 1000w really put out the heat i will have to watch the really closely for abit......im going to run the bulb VER instread of HOR because i want to get the WHOLEbulb in play not just one side.....ive seen for a long time ppl runing BARE bulbs in those/these big ass type grows and have always liked the fact that they USE ALL the bulb.....i will be useing a 42" PARABOLIC HOOD but the bulb will still be fully used....

ive got a 6" hole cut in the floor that lead's directly over the cold basement, far back RIGHT corner while my filter is in the cilling front LEFT so i get some decent air-flow...but still were talking about a 1000w in a 5x5 space with ten foot cillings...
will see:friday:

I

iahsound

hey SOUND:smoke
no bro i have not umm dont really have any knowledge of the DIGITAL gear, gear seems to be blowing up and growing just as fast as new STRAIN'S now-a-day's...

im pretty jacked about this run and seeing what i can get from this 1000w, just worried about the heat...i know 1000w really put out the heat i will have to watch the really closely for abit......im going to run the bulb VER instread of HOR because i want to get the WHOLEbulb in play not just one side.....ive seen for a long time ppl runing BARE bulbs in those/these big ass type grows and have always liked the fact that they USE ALL the bulb.....i will be useing a 42" PARABOLIC HOOD but the bulb will still be fully used....

ive got a 6" hole cut in the floor that lead's directly over the cold basement, far back RIGHT corner while my filter is in the cilling front LEFT so i get some decent air-flow...but still were talking about a 1000w in a 5x5 space with ten foot cillings...
will see:friday:

yes jaws , was wondering how your heat was doing in there?? wanted to mention b-4 that you could get a vented hood and then you can bring your light closer and kill out some heat at the same time. I always loved those paribolic hoods though!they do cover a lot of space.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah if that were true I would have been locked up 25 years ago - get yourself the thoughie and dont look back bro!

edit: lol see that you did already - if heat is an issue bare bulb/parabolic might not be the way to go - what you said about obly half the bulb being in play doesn't make any sense bro if you have your light in a "reflective" hood and as anybody would point out an air cooled hood can be placed way closer to your plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom